“Pancakes and Southern Love” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 173 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet
“Pancakes and Southern Love”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

You cannot walk away without a smile. The staff is as wonderful as the food! Pancakes, waffles and omelets all covered our table and well we ate as much as we could.

• Visited March 2014

Mobile, Alabama
“Good breakfast place ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I went there this morning with my family for a pancake breakfast. My wife order the French crapes and the kids had waffles and pancakes. I also had a side of bacon. In spite reading the warnings here I ordered the Walnut pancakes. The place has a rustic type atmosphere but the service was prompt and friendly. The bacon was excellent and all the pancakes or waffles also very good. However my Walnut pancakes very strange tasting as indicated by prior reviewers. The waitress asked me if I like them and when I indicated they were strange tasting to me she indicated they were in fact black walnuts and had a very distinct different taste than. Typical walnut. Although I wish you would've told me that before I ordered them it's certainly explains the bizarre most sour taste. I would highly recommend that you avoid the Walnut pancakes or waffles or at least taste a sample of the black walnuts first unless you're familiar with them. In sum, this is a great little family type breakfast spot. My entire meal was about $40. Hits, I would recommend this is a family breakfast but just avoid the dreaded black walnuts.

Kentucky
“Words cannot express the greatness of this place....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Man, this place is awesome! Probably one of the best restaurant I've ever eaten. The pancakes are so fresh and delicious and so buttermilky and then I had the omelette and you could tell the cheese was freshly grated and not just shredded out of a package. Services was good and so was the atmosphere. Get there early 'cause the fill up fast! Definitely would recommend!

• Visited September 2013
East Ellijay, Georgia
“Not what I expected.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I guess I was expecting more! The ratings sounded good, and the service was wonderful. But the omelets were very thin and not very appetizing looking, but they were okay, and I ordered black walnut pancakes. I thought the walnuts were rancid, they tasted strange. But the server assured me that they are black walnuts, and therefore taste different! Okay, I thought a walnut was a walnut, but these are not good!
The atmosphere is very nice, with a roaring large fireplace, large beams, and everything you would expect in Gatlinburg.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Southeastern, US
“Fast and friendly service, great breakfast, what else do you need?!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

My husband and I frequent the Gatlinburg area a lot since we do not live far away and this was our first trip to Log Cabin Pancake House and we are now loyal return customers! We ate breakfast and it was delicious. The place has a good country atmosphere, friendly service, and solid food at a great value. We will most definitely return and appreciate the efforts made by this restaurant to provide a great meal!

• Visited February 2014