“Ho-hum” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Ho-hum”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stopped here for breakfast after reading several 'rave reviews' about their breakfasts and all I have to say is it was just average. There wasn't anything special about this place or it's food. Although, I will add that we did NOT have the pancakes...so maybe if we did it would have been a much better breakfast. We both ordered the "No pancake breakfast" which was 2 eggs, bacon/sausage patties/ham, biscuits & gravy. I want every on to know that when they say "gravy" there was absolutely no sausage in that gravy whatsoever. It was very bland & tasteless.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

84% Recommend
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stopped here for a late breakfast/early lunch. Our 2 children really enjoyed their pancakes. My husband tried the buckwheat pancakes, which he had never tried before, and said they were excellent! I enjoy a huge triple decker club sandwich, the best club I have ever had. The waitress was attentive, my ice tea was always full! Great food, Great service, reasonable price! Couldn't ask for more!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great breakfast!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Anytime we are in Gatlinburg the Log Cabin Pancake is where we eat breakfast. We have been eating there over 40 years. I get the 2 eggs over easy with sugar cured ham and my husband gets scrambled with country ham and red eye gravy. Both are excellent. It is hard to get over easy eggs cooked right and they arp perfect everytime and the pancakes are the best around. They even make there own syrup that is the best I have ever had. The waitress have been there a long time and all of them are so sweet. We had Kim and Robin this trip they where both great. Don't miss this experience! Great food,
log cabin atmosphere and wonder people. You can't beat it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Rustic atmosphere, average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We visited this restaurant because it had the highest ratings on tripadvisor so we thought it must be something really special. The setting is nice, the servers were friendly, but the food was just average, nothing I would rave about. In fact, I was pretty disappointed that they do not offer REAL butter, but only a whipped margarine for your pancakes. I guess if you like your pancakes smothered in toppings, this, like many other places, might be a great place to eat, but for us it was just plain, well, plain.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Plano, Texas
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Best pancakes ever ! The country ham was the best we have ever eaten, coffee good, and they know how to cook eggs correctly. The service was very friendly and good. We had to eat there every morning.

Visited August 2013