“Mouthwatering goodness!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Waynesburg, Ohio
“Mouthwatering goodness!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We will be back when we visit again. I had the best steak in the entire world here and my husband had the best teriyaki chicken. I've ever tasted. For 3 people our bill came to 40 bucks and that's with a 12 ounce oak fired grilled steak. I ordered the steak and substituted green beans for a salad and when they brought it out I was shocked. I've never had that big of a salad for 2.50 and have it so fresh. I'm not much of a salad person but I ate the entire thing. The food was brought out and our portions were great! My steak literally melted in your mouth. My husband tried some and he said it was the best steak he ever had. The chicken melted in your mouth too. This was the only restaurant where we ate everything on our plate...felt so full you couldn't move... But wanted more. Absolutely delicious and prices you can't beat!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Chicago, Illinois
“Great steak, worth a wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We decided to finish our vacation break by dining at Alamo steak house. When we arrived there were about 20 people waiting to be seated. That right there tells me that this is a good restaurant. We got seated within 15 minutes. Our server was Dan. He was very friendly and got our orders quick. Steak and burgers were delicious. I am from Chicago and I ate at many steakhouses there, but this experience was different. Food here just tastes better. Manager stopped by to say "hi". Friendly southern hospitality.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Salem, South Carolina, United States
“Superb steak in good atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Considering the location, a tourist town known for its arts and crafts, and the time of year, Fourth of July weekend, coming on the Alamo was like finding an oasis in the desert! And finding parking in Gatlinburg on such a busy weekend was an added bonus! There were eight in my party. We were seated quickly, served in a friendly and efficient manner and not hurried in any way. The staff was friendly and knew their jobs. The food was superb- portions were as advertised, cooked to desired doneness and absolutely tasty. I will return on my next visit in October!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Our server was Bo and he was average. The portions are very large, but the quality isn't proportionate tot he price.

Visited July 2014
Tupelo, Arkansas
“Good food, not an exceptional Time for Us”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We love this restaurant and have so many times loved it in the past. A trip to the area is not complete without eating here. Our food was good this time, but was not exceptional. My steak was good, but just seemed over cooked in places and in places undercooked. I ate about half of it. The salads were good but how can you mess up a salad. The servers seemed stressed althought there were probably not mroe than thirty or forty people in the restaurant. I thought that was going to be a plus. Then, the service slowed and the coversation occurred with the balloon artist who seemed to be a nice young man with a Irish accent. He was well mannered, but did not seem to pick up on the fact that we just did not care about a balloon at all. Instead, he kept asking and finally my daughter got an animal made. I thought it was a ardvark but I guess it was something else. He acted a little offended, and nervouse when I said something. Then, he started to talk about the real reason that he was there and that it was for a mission. We could not understand exactly what this was. We go to church and we tried to ask abiout what trip did they go on or what church and when we started asking questions, he abruptly backed out of the conversation and left. He seemed strange about it. We were just asking after all my daughter gave him a five dollar tip. I wondered what his purpose really was? Are they supposed to do it, or did he decide to?

• Visited June 2014