“Nice restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Kent
“Nice restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Alamo steakhouse and saloon is a nice restaurant just off the main Gatlinburg high street. Plenty of parking outside.

Good menu, not the cheapest we came across, but value for money and everyone seemed to be enjoying their choices.

Good service and the steaks come up very nicely cooked.

Recommended.

Visited May 2014

Wanatah, Indiana
“Great food and service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

This was our second time here and was just as great as the first. The new York strip is among the best I've ever eaten. The burger is HUGE and perfectly cooked. Service was quick and Patti our waitress was fantastic!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great Steaks and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We went here for a good meal after a disaster at another place the day before. This was great. We were greeted and shown to a table quickly. The food was great. I had a wedge salad and the porterhouse w/fired potatoes. My wife had filet mignon skewers w/green beans. Both of our meals were excellent. The steaks were expertly prepared as requested. The waiter, Dwayne even advised my wife to take the filet cubes off of the skewer to stop the cooking process by the hot metal. To me, that's above and beyond. Others have mentioned the prices being high. Considering the recent rise in the price of beef, I thought the price was justified and worthwhile. I'd definitely eat here again.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Very Pricey”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I have been here several times on prior visits to Gatlinburg. I'm not sure when it changed or why... But on this visit we went in and were shocked at the prices. It was always a very good place to eat with decent prices. When we walked in for this visit we were seated right away, which I instantly found odd because it was a Saturday night and everywhere else we had stopped had a long wait. We were seated and handed menus. Upon seeing the prices we politely got up and left. We will not be returning here in the future! I'm sure the food is good, but based on our prior experiences there the prices now are unacceptable for us.

Verona, Wisconsin
“Steak made to perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I had a rare steak and my husband had the ribs. It was all delicious. The steak was definitely the best one I've ever had and I would kill for that rib recipe. The service was fantastic too.

Visited May 2014