“A wonderful stay at Oak Square” 5 of 5 stars

You added Oak Square at Gatlinburg to your Saves list
Oak Square at Gatlinburg
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   685 River Rd., Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Cartersville, Georgia
“A wonderful stay at Oak Square”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2007

My family just loves staying at Oak Square. We have stayed at Oak Square many times before. Their recent remodeling looks great! The condos are a perfect size for a family of four. My kids enjoy playing in the indoor and outdoor pool as well as relaxing in the hot tub. My husband and I enjoyed our room that was decorated in the perfect bear\mountain decor. We also enjoy being able to sit out on the balcony and just relax. The office staff was very nice as well as helpful. I look forward to our next trip to Oak Square in November.

• Liked — the overall cleanliness, the affordable price and location
  • Disliked — no dislikes
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Corydon, IN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2006

My husband & I were in Gatlinburg over Memorial Day weekend. We booked the Oak Square condo on line. The unit we got, #414, was the most shabby , out of date place I have ever stayed in Gatlinburg! This unit has surely not been updated since 1978! The towels were so old, I would use them for rags at home. The bathtub was disgusting. Our credit card had already been charged, so we were stuck there. The really bad part is that we paid quite a bit for this tiny one-bedroom condo. The building is a narrow u-shape, so your "view" is really just of someone else's balcony. I am sure that each unit might be different, but beware! We will never stay in the Oak Square Condos again!

• Stayed May 2006
Kernersville, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2006

We stayed at Oak Square from 5/11 through 5/15. I have to say, like others, I was apprehensive about this hotel. All in all, it was pretty good.

Oak Square offered an indoor pool and wading pool which were great for the kids on the colder days we were there. They were warm and fun. The jacuzzi was great too. The staff was nice. The room was comfortable, though a little small and dated. We stayed in a one bedroom unit and all the amenities were just as advertised. The hotel does need a renovation, but it was certainly acceptable to stay in. The pull-out sofa would not have been comfortable for anyone other than kids, though ours (ages 4 and 2) had no problem with it.

Oak Square's biggest benefits for us were the amenities and the proximity to everything. We walked from there to just about everything we went to in Gatlinburg. Good time, great vacation!

• Stayed May 2006
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2006

We originally booked a chalet with Mountain Laurel. IT was infested with wasps INSIDE THE CHALET. WE had to check out. They did not even offer us a different chalet. WE came in to town and found Oak Square. THE man working the desk was wonderful. I asked if they were clean and he gave me the key to go look. HE was very nice as were all the staff members. THE condo was exceptionally clean and well decorated. The indoor pool was nice. The location could not have been better. OAK SQUARE saved our vacation. We stayed in 214. WE had a minor problem with the drapes...which they came up and fixed IMMEDIATELY. I would recommend this place to anyone. AND he even gave me a AAA discount. It was a good price for a condo.

• Stayed March 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2005

Oak Square is a romantic place to stay. Our condo had a warm fire place, wonderfully comfortable king bed, and fully equipped kitchen. It is within walking distance to our favovite Gatlinburg restaurants, and far enough off the parkway to feel secluded. The view of the mountains from the balcony was wonderful. Can't wait to come back in the summer to enjoy my morning coffee on the balcony watching the sunrise.

• Stayed December 2003
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2005

Oak has one of the only two-bedroom suites available for a low price. We stayed in a 1,000 sqft suite for $119. The indoor pool allows for relaxation even in Gatlinburg's frequent rain and temperature drops. The staff was very helpful and the experience was great.

• Stayed May 2005
Jacksonville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2004

After reading the only other review of this Condo I couldn't believe we stayed in the same place. I thought it must have been 2 different places.
My husband and I have traveled to Gatlinburg for our anniversary in October for 23 years. The first time for our honeymoon. We have stayed in condos, motels, hotels and cabins in all locations in the Smokies. We can certainly say that our stay at the Oak Square Condos was by far the best. It is the best of the best. On River Road, off the hustle and bustle of the beated track of the Parkway but close enough to walk to it. River rushing across the street. The trolley stop close enough to never have to get in your car until you are ready to go home. The office staff friendly and accommodating. Great places to eat close by without going to the busy Parkway.
Beautiful mountain vistas from your balcony.
The only thing that probably made the difference between our stay and the other review is that we booked directly through 2 wonderful private owners at the VRBO site on the internet.(Vacation Rentals By Owner listing # 32407)We were able to communicate directly with these wonderful people that shared their home away from home with us for a great rate. We knew exactly what was expected when we got there. They have 3 condos to pick from at this property. Our condo was clean, fully supplied, and tastfully decorated. Our condo had a wood burning fireplace- certainly you have to buy wood if you want to use it. If you don't want to buy it, cut your own and bring it with you....Or better yet, just use the central heat and enjoy the other wonderful amentities this place has to offer. We loved it and will be going back as soon as possible.

• Stayed October 2004

Been to Oak Square at Gatlinburg? Share your experiences!