“Average, Nothing To Complain About” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Greystone Lodge On the River

We can't find prices for this hotel
Greystone Lodge On the River
You added Greystone Lodge On the River to your Saves list
559 Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN 37738 (Formerly Greystone Lodge at the Aquarium)   |
Special Offer
Stay 3 Nights Save 20%
Ranked #23 of 88 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Cookeville, TN
“Average, Nothing To Complain About”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2008

I have stayed in Gatlinburg a few times. Greystone Lodge is an extremely clean hotel. We stayed on the side of the parking lot. It was very quiet the entire time we was there. We stayed on a Friday and Saturday. I like to stay on the main strip so that I can walk anywhere without paying for parking. Greystone still offered the closeness to all stores on Parkway.

I got sick with a fever on my drive to Gatlinburg. Once we got to bed it was very late. I called the desk and requested more pillows and they gladly brought them to me within minutes. At about 2 am I caught a fever and had the chills. I called the desk and requested three blankets. Again, they gladly brought me the huge super thick thermo blankets. Thanks to these huge blankets, I broke my temperature. The heater, however, is a bit confusing to operate.

I have no complaints. Greystone is a very pleasant place to stay.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Confusing heating/ air unit.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Indianapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2008

My husband and I stayed at Greystone Lodge for our spring vaction and our experience was nice. I read some of the reviews on here, and I got worried, but we found out stay to be pretty pleasant. The room we had was stream side (not towards the street) so we had the ripple of the water to listen to. The room was really large and clean. The breakfast was also fine, although I must admit we only ate it once (too many good pancake houses to eat at instead). It's also located in a good part of town, within walking distance of almost everything. As far ar drawbacks go, the wall are very thin, and you're able to hear neighbors in other rooms and hallways. There isn't any piece of furniture to sit in and relax, like a comfy chair or couch, besides the bed, even though the rooms had plenty of space. Also, you have to pay for ALL phone calls, even local ones, so be aware of that. We paid about $55/night (it was the off season) so for the money, I think it was a great value.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — Thin Walls
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Goodlettsville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2008

My husband and I have been to Gatlinburg several times over our 15 years together. This was the most awesome experience we've had so far. Maybe it helped that we didn't have the kids and it was our anniversary, but there are several reasons we enjoyed it. Our room was upgraded without our knowledge ( the jacuzzi! ) and it was clean. When we asked for anything, it was given to us promptly. The breakfast was free, so why in the hell would I complain about saving some money? My husband was a big fan of the parking garage. And you are right in the middle of EVERYTHING!!!!!!! We saved lots on gas being able to walk to anything we wanted unless we went into the mountains. I have nothing bad to say about this nice hotel. The staff was extremely accomodating. This place made our stay in Gatlinburg the best we've ever had during our 15 year romance with the Smokey Mountains. And believe me, we've stayed in quite a few hotels in Gatlinburg. WE KNOW!!! This place ROCKS!!!!!!!!

Stayed March 2008
South Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2008

My family and I recently stayed 4 nights here and overall had a good experience at Greystone. The location is is great for walking in Gatlinburg and the price is even better when compared to some of the other hotels in the area. I've stayed in several hotels in and around Gatlinburg and I have to say that this one is as good as any that I've stayed in. The only thing that I didn't like was that the cleaning ladies usually didn't come to our room until around 2pm or later.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Late afternoon room cleaning
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Troy, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2008

Our room was musty but it was pretty clean. The sheets didn't fit the bed, so they kept slipping off and that was yuck!! The breakfast was not good. The pool was nice, my son did enjoy that. The location is also good. It does not look like the pictures. I would not go back!!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Room
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2007

Where do I start? Room not ready by time they said. Not enough towels. Elevator did not work, people staggered up and down the stairs all night long, utility workers worked started working on the elevators after 1"00 AM!! breakfast was nasty. Took our bags out to car, went to free nasty breakfast, came back to room and a cleaning woman was there!! It was not near our checkout time, we had several hours left. Called and complained when I got home, they offered me a 1/2 off night to be used within a month or so....NO THANKS, so we got ripped off big time. Garage was heated though, which was nice.

• Liked — garage was heated
  • Disliked — Noise Noise Noise
  • Stayed January 2004, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2007

We have stayed at the Greystone for several years. We usually go every July for about 3 days. We always stay here because of the location. It is close to everything and just across from the main trolly station. We usually ask for the building with the inside parking, just think our car is safer that way. The motel is very old but had been remodeled, but it could stand it again. It was the Howard Johnson when I was a little girl, MANY years ago. The staff is always nice and helpful. We always ask for a view of the stream, but depending on the weather it might be some what low on water.

Don't stay in a room facing the Aquarium. If you try to sit on your balcony all you here are the pumps from the aquarium

Stayed July 2007

Been to Greystone Lodge On the River? Share your experiences!