“A pleasant restaurant in a not-always-pleasant town” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #65 of 174 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Philadelphia, PA
“A pleasant restaurant in a not-always-pleasant town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Well, Gatlinburg sure is something else. I'm sure most of the folks who visit love it, but for those of us "from away," it seems a bit nuts. The main drag is arguably the tackiest Main Street in America.

But away from the maddening crowds is this pleasant, old-fashioned restaurant on a hill, surrounded by the kind of nature that you might think folks visiting the Smokies would enjoy. The décor is a bit dated, as is the atmosphere. But they turn out quality food in a pleasant setting. Once seated, the service was commendably fast and efficient. We had an excellent chicken-based soup to start, and very good prime rib. A nice buttermilk pie for dessert. With a restaurant.com coupon, the restaurant offered good value. Honestly, I don't think I'd want to eat anywhere else in town.

Visited May 2014

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Food was pretty good, service not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I went on a Friday night and it wasn't really crowded...mostly an older crowd. It is a nice atmosphere. The waitresses looked like they had all been there for many years and seemed a little dour, but they tried hard. i think the waitress for our section may have some dementia...she kept forgetting everyone's order and got easily befuddled, but she was nice. the french onion soup was very good, the salad was pretty fresh, the salmon special was overcooked, and I had a chocolate/caramel cheesecake desert that was pretty bland. So all in all it wasn't a bad meal. I had a coupon or I would have felt it was overpriced.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Columbus
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We never miss a stop to the Greenbriar when we are in Gburg! The owners are very visible and so welcoming. The service and food is always wonderful.

“Disappointing experience - save your money!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

My husband and I were very disappointed in our dining experience here. Our waitress was unfriendly and only ever smiled when she handed us our bill at the end of dinner. We were expecting a much better experience in regards to the reviews we read. We could get past the dated, tacky decor, our less-than-pleasant waitress and the prices. But the food, sadly, was far less than gourmet. My husbands prime rib was cooked to well-done though requested to be rare. The chicken alfredo I had was drowning in bland sauce that tasted like a jar of pre-minced garlic. Their chicken with crab dressing is made with imitation crab meat. If you're going to charge someone $22 for a chicken breast with fake crab, you must be trying to fool someone. If we hadn't had the gift certificate, I would have been infuriated if we would have been expected to pay for such an "Applebees" dinner experience. The only reason I'm leaving this review, is because I think it's terrible that a restaurant that boasts gourmet food and PRICES would rip people off who would otherwise not eat here unless for a special occasion. Such a shame.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Knoxville, TN
“Hidden Haunted Jewel in the Mountains....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

This rustic restaurant has been a favorite of our family for years...recently, our family gathered for a long weekend in the Smoky Mountains and all of our out of state relatives loved this place.
If you are not familiar with the area, you may miss a unique place for a great meal. On top of a really great, small bar, friendly staff and owners you may have an opportunity to see the ghost of Lydia, the jilted lady, and if not, you can hear her story. Stop by for a great meal or a drink and don't miss this place.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere