“Just OK” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Harrison
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Having been to Gatlinburg many times this was our first visit to Greenbrier. First off, if the roads are slick this restaurant is located up a very steep, curvy hill. Historic log cabin, intimate atmosphere. The wait staff was super welcoming and attentive.

Hubby had the 10oz Prime Rib and I had the Stuffed Tilapia.We both had salads since the dressings are made in house. Plated food was visually unappealing. I thought the Prime Rib was bland and my Tilapia had an off taste. Plus, I've never understood why moderate to higher priced establishments offer whipped butter blend for potatoes, bread- yuk.

Again nothing was awful but we will not be returning. Oh YES on Tuesdays they offer a BOGO Free if you pay with CASH. This was a nice savings.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Dalton, Georgia
“Wonderful Valentine's Dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We love the greenbrier restaurant! It has a great history as well as great atmosphere. I especially love the prime rib! Quaint restaurant with delicious food and great view!

Visited February 2014
“Great meal after Skiing all day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

After a long day of skiing, my friend and I decided to find a place to eat. We talked to a lady on the Ski Patrol who was a local, that recommended the Greenbriar. Because of all the snow, we were the only ones there. We were treated to fantastic beer and Bloody Mary's at the bar. We ate prime rib sandwiches and french onion soup. Food was great, and we felt like we were at an old Smoky Lodge from the 1930's.

Maryville, Tennessee
“Great Atmosphere Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Great atmosphere and friendly staff. We had a wonderful early Valentines Day dinner. The lobster was the best I have had since moving to East Tennessee 17 years ago...yes that's right. I moved here from California and I know what lobster should taste like. Great place to eat...expect to pay for what you get, but it is worth it!!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
UK
“Worth driving to”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

This is a bit off the main drag but well worth finding. The food and service were very good, and the situation, with the forest just outside was quite special.

Visited August 2013