“Best Italian” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Kansas City
“Best Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Oh my goodness - I am so glad that I asked about portion size - my husband and I shared a calzone which was huge! - It was soo good - melted in your mouth - crust was awesome - service was awesome - whole experience was the best in Tennessee

Greenville, South Carolina
“This place is absolutely amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The restaurant doesn't look like much from the outside, and it resembles a pizzeria from the inside, but don't let that keep you from checking this pace out. Their food is all ace from scratch, and I've witnessed their delivery truck unload boxes galore of fresh vegetables. My husband and I first this pace on a anniversary trip, and ate their 4 out of 5 days. (I love great Italian food). We have tried so much of the menu, and have not been disappointed with any of the item stay we have ordered. This place is a must stop for anybody that lives great Italian food. The service can be slow at times, but its always worth the wait. Sometimes we need to sit back and relax, and just smell the aroma drifting out of the kitchen.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Huntsville, OH
“Always the Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We have eaten at Best Italian many times. Had not been back to Gatlinburg for a few years, but found this time they have 2 locations. The original at Elks Plaza and one on the Parkway where the Brass Lantern used to be. We went to the Pkwy around lunch for appetizers and a drink. After much deliberation we tried the fresh breaded mushrooms, which were yummy and plenty of them. Peggy, the bartender was friendly, helpful and terrific service. Later we went to the original restaurant for dinner, per usual, everything was wonderful and huge portions. Always take food home. I would definitely recommend Best Italian while visiting the area.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Memphis, Tennessee
“If it is mild outside, sit with the raccoons next to the creek.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This place is the BEST. I've eaten pizza in NYC, Chicago, Rome, Emilia-Romagna.... This is the best pizza I've ever had.

Tonight, I tried the mozzarella sticks (seemed freshly made, not frozen) and the meatballs parmesan appetizers. The meatballs were good. I also shared a carafe of the house chianti. Good stuff.

Oh, the garlic rolls are a must. Delicious stuff!

Memphis, Tennessee
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Going to this restaurant as soon as I hit town for years. People, food, service, always great.
Make sure you go to Best Italian in Elks Plaza as the one on the Parkway is really bad!