“Only Open for Dinner and Call Ahead” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 174 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Toledo, OH
“Only Open for Dinner and Call Ahead”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Restaurant doesn't take reservations, but if you call to tell them when you're coming, your wait time is cut in half. Sounds strange, but that's how they do it. The couple in front of us was quoted 30 minutes, but when I said I called, they checked the list and told me 15 minutes. It turned out to only be about 7 minutes, which was great on a Saturday night. They have great salads. All three of us ordered salads. Son's was a steak ceasar salad, which he ended up sending back because he wanted the dressing on the side. Husband and I ordered the seafood salad. There was plenty of seafood on it and it was very tasty. There are parking spaces behind the restaurant, with a sign that says, "Cherokee Grill Parking". We parked there for free.

Douglasville, Georgia
“Half and half”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had a decent experience here, but that's just it....decent, The service was ok. My wife likes sweet wine and the waiter recommended a wine based off of his own tastes. He actually said that the sweeter wine was horrible. My wife listened and she was disappointed with the wine she ordered. I ordered steak and my wife ordered salmon. The steak was pretty good, but the salmon had absolutely no taste at all. It looked great, but the taste was just not there. He also allowed us to sample the blue cheese grits that everyone was raving about and they were average at best. Overall decent food, decent service.....nothing to brag about.

High Point
“Good service and good food !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

We ate here with a group of friends and had a good enjoyable meal. The service was very good considering we had 13 people at our table. we shared several appetizers which included the bruschetta, burgundy mushrooms and Cherokee grill egg rolls and all were good. For ourselves, we had the baby back ribs which were very tasty and the new York strip which was cooked to our liking. We will always go to the restaurant when we are in the area with a large group, because they have no problem serving a group.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“Not What It's Cracked Up to Be”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

I had made reservations at the restaurant before we left home. It had some good reviews, and my husband was familiar with the Copper Cellar name from having gone to college and law school in Knoxville.

I ordered a special - specials are usually safe because they are "specials." I take that to mean they prepare them from fresh ingredients, and that it is a meal that is prepared to impress. We started with an eggroll type thing for an appetizer. I like this type of food to be more about veggies and less about meat. These were chock full of chicken. They brought a dipping sauce that I literally had to spit out. My first words after I got my breath back was, "That tastes like a burned Goodyear tire." Well, I think what I meant was that it tastes like rubber smells when it's burned. My husband agreed and said he would not have thought to describe it like that, but it was an accurate description.

My main course was haddock in a crust. My husband ordered salmon. Perhaps it's the things these days to ask you how you want your fish cooked. My point of view is that fish, chicken and pork are cooked well done unless you are eating sushi - then your fish is raw. My haddock had a very strong taste, and I had to ask for lemon to put on it. The breading got soggy very fast. I ordered some kind of potato that they seemed to revere and talked about it like it took about 5 to 6 steps to make them. I love potatoes, so this sounded like my kind of side. It was a stuffed potato plain and simple, and not a very good one at that. My husband was unimpressed with his dinner, too. It was all so mediocre, and we had looked forward to something special. I think our bill was about $85.00. Kind of steep for "mediocre could have been just as happy at Shoney's" fare.

Service was not great. My husband was asked about his wine numerous times, but nobody ever asked if they could freshen my poor watered down coke.

I would not go back here - it was too much money for what we got.

Lawrenceburg, Kentucky
“Return again and again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Had my wedding party here several years ago. We still go every year to celibrate.
The food is grilled to perfection and if possible when its cold outside get a table by the fireplace or window near street and enjoy either the fireplace romance or the street hussle.

Visited October 2013