“Good food, nice place, rude waitress” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 173 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Melbourne, Florida
“Good food, nice place, rude waitress”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We dined here on Christmas Day so we understand she may have been a little stressed. However we dined early, only had about a 5 minute wait for a table. We sat down and the waitress was there pretty quickly. Took our drink order, then came back with some bread in a basket. No plates and no silver. We finally got someone to give us silverware but still no bread plates. Our waitress came by going to another table and we asked about the bread plates. She turned around grabbed some off another table and literally slammed them down on our table. She stalked off without asking if we needed anything else. (still no drinks). Finally she brought the drinks and took our meal order. She then brought my husbands food, no explanation as to where mine was. Brought all the food for the next table and started to walk away. I asked where my food was and she said she would check on it. My husband was almost done when she finally came back with my food. Never asked if we wanted drink refills or anything else. We will return to this restaurant when we come back but hopefully this waitress will not be here. (my husband would not let me complain to the manager which is what I wanted to do!).

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Saint Simons Island, Georgia
“Fantastic Meal and Clean Dining Room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

With both of us starving from several hours of playing tourist in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, my girlfriend and I parked and wanted to find a place to eat close to where we parked. At first we chose Calhouns. It was packed and the welcome staff was out right rude when we walked upstairs to the bar to look for a seat. Too worn out and hungry to put up with such rudeness we left.

Then we consulted my Trip Advisor App and noticed the Cherokee Grill was right next door and was rated #1 resturaunt in Gatlinburg.

Even though we figured it would be pricey and average food quality we reluctanly decided to check it out (I later learned Calhouns and Cherokee are owned by the same company.) We walked in soon after they opened around 4:30 pm and was immediatley and plesantly greeted with a smile and sat a small table near a large fireplace.

I ordered the Prosperity Steak, and the Neva's Potatos, both were absolutley outstanding! The steak had the most unique flavor, and and potatoes? Well, let's just say I could of ate a 5 gallon bucket full of those! My girlfriend ordered the sirlion steak and she thought it was one of the best she's ever had as well.

Two salads, two entrees, and a dessert, yeilded only about a $60 bill. So the price was very reasonable considering the quality of food.

We also took note at how clean the "modern rustic" dining area was kept as well.

Our server, Tatiana was friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. We would definatley recommend to other and will plan to return.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Knoxville, TN
“Good place to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

They dont take reservations per se, but you can call ahead. I would recommend doing so. My family really enjoyed the food and service when we went to Cherokee Grill a month ago. It was around Christmas and there was a caroling group that came in when we were there and my family really enjoyed that as well. I started with their crab bisque and had the BBQ chicken as my meal. Both were quite good and no one at our table complained about their food...although I dont recall what they ordered. It is definately worth checking out. Just FYI the Calhoun's, Smoky Mtn Brewery and this place are all right there together and owned by the same company so if one is busy try to get in one of the others, they are all three quality places to eat

Visited December 2012
Spring City, Tennessee, United States
“Upscale everything”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner there one night during our Gatlinburg trip a few weeks ago. This place is definitely one of better resturants in town. The excellent food, service, and atmosphere come with a price but are worth it. On future trips to Gatlinburg we will make this place one of our must eat at dinner spots

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic setting, great food. Prospector steak was great. Kids loved their meals. We will definitely be back on future trips.