“Nice steak place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 157 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located at the entrance to Great Smoky Mountains National Park in Gatlinburg TN, The Peddler Steakhouse is literally built upon tradition. Families continue to return from one generation to the next. We invite you to start a new dining tradition with us.
Sevierville, Tennessee
“Nice steak place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

The atmosphere is very nice. You choose and then they cut your steak table side. Unfortunately, as is with most steak restaurants in Sevier county, it is difficult to get a steak rare or medium rare. I find this odd for a steak place. Prices are a bit high. The salad bar is a nice touch but nothing really fancy

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Left before we ordered when our waitress told us we weren't listening.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

This was recommended by a friend for our honeymoon. Apparently, if you don't listen carefully you'll be chastised. Salad bar is first, and boy you better go there first or else. We walked out. If I'm paying that much for the food, the service should be nice too.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Excellent excellent stake!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We went here on our anniversary and was not disappointed. This is a pricey place, but more than worth it. They bring out slabs of mean and cut your stake in front of you and then they cook it to your specifications. The Stake was out of this world good! We were told to go here for our anniversary, call ahead the day of anytime after 4:00 pm for a reservation at least an hour to two hours ahead. Because this was a special day and we told them it was our anniversary, we asked for a river view. The even brought our linens and candle light for us to make our dinner that much more of a romantic dinner. Dinner for Two plan on spending $60-70 dollars. Check out the website for the menu and for prices. I had the salad bar and a baked potato. Hubs had the New York strip. I am not much of a big eater so I had about 1/4 of his stake. Hubs said this was in the to ten of all stakes he has ever eaten. I would say it is in the top five for me. If you go, your in for a treat.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hermitage, Tennessee
“Average and not worth the money...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

The salad bar was pretty good (not exemplary, but decent). However, the steaks were average. And, I ordered my steak rare and it arrived medium to medium rare. Don't get me wrong, the steaks were good, they just weren't great and not worth the money we spent. I felt like it was just a gimmick to bring the raw meat by the table to slice it. It wasn't like they showed me 10 different steaks and I could choose the one I wanted, they simply asked if I wanted the ribeye or new york strip or anything else on the menu and if I chose one of the former, they cut a steak and what they cut was yours. Granted, this is a "tourist trap" town and you should expect to pay more, but for $50 more than I paid (for 2 people) I could have gone to a place like Ruth's Chris and gotten a much better steak (btw, only been there once and it was devine). Better yet, I could have gone to a place like Outback and gotten an average steak for a lot less. By the way, it was really nice to have a window seat near the stream. So, like I said in the title line: average.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Huntsville, Alabama
“One of our favs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We love to dine here but we don't like the main dining room. Off the bar, upstairs is a lovely area overlooking the river. We always try to get a table there, but you will have to be patience depending on the time of year you go. The salad bar is fab, the steaks are good and the trout is very nice too. Every server we have had through the years has been great.

Visited February 2014