“pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 180 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Located at the entrance to Great Smoky Mountains National Park in Gatlinburg TN, The Peddler Steakhouse is literally built upon tradition. Families continue to return from one generation to the next. We invite you to start a new dining tradition with us.
Memphis, Tennessee
“pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Having read some of the previous negative comments I was skeptical about our visit. We were seated at a table overlooking the trout stream and service was impeccable from the hostess, waiters and service staff. The salad bar was exceptional and our steaks were prepared as ordered and flavorful. The previous negative comments were about numerous stair steps and the cost. This is a mountain town and everything is built on a slope making steps necessary. These were only 6-7 steps up and down. The cost was very reasonable for this type of food, location and service. Call ahead can eliminate wait times.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Birmingham, Alabama
“WOW!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The restaurant is located on Little Pigeon River off River Drive. Friends and family members had recommended we eat there... The food was fantastic and the service was 5 star... The salad bar was great with things you do not normally see on your average salad bar... such as smoked oysters and anchovies... Go early if you want to sit at a table next to the river...

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“This place is always great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The tables overlooking the water are our favorite.
The service and the food was great. We will definitely
be back.

Cookeville
“No more Peddler for me”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have eaten at the Peddler many times in the past 25 years. I returned last week for the first time in 5 or 6 years, and it was the last time I will eat there. The salad bar was still good as usual. The steak was mediocre at best. It was dry and flavorless. The quality and taste was inferior to any of the chain steak houses, such as Golden Coral, O'Charley's, Logan's, etc, and the price was more than double. I expect an excellent steak when I go there for the price, and they just don't deliver anymore. Used to say it was the best steak anywhere hands down, but it isn't even decent any more. Save your money and go elsewhere. Next time I will try Alamo Steak House. They have been voted best steak house. It wouldn't take much for them to win that title over Peddler. The only reason I didn't rate the food poor was because the salad bar was good.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Spring Hill, Tennessee
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I was told this place had the best steaks in town. I did enjoy the steak, however they slightly overcooked my medium well steak. It was good, but just not as juicy as I would have liked. Loved the salad bar!