“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 87 Hotels in Gatlinburg
MOBILE
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

it was very close to all downtown gatlinburg attractions, so easy walking to those points. also close to the national park. Desk staff was friendly and nice. Large rooms with having a private balcony and new lovely furniture.Will certainly stay there again on our next visit

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Kettering,oh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2009

My wife and I decided to stay somewhere different and searched for an inexpensive room in downtown gatlinburg. After searching the web we found the River Edge Motor Lodge. I called and was able to get a room for several nights for around 50dollars. Upon arrival talked to a very nice lady at check in , and even though we were very early let us check into our room right away. The room was dated but very clean. I think for the money spent the value was great. Would definately stay again, especially off-season.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Chattanooga
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2008

I visited Gatlinburg 12/12/08 to stay for 2 nights. I made reservations at River Edge Lodge and arrived there at 11:30 P.M. The front desk clerk " John" did not put me in the type of room I requested (Double Queen) and put my in a jacuzzi room with out a shower and the jacuzzi was not clean. They then put me in room 114. The room had a very foul odor and did not smell or appear to be clean. I then went to ask for a refund and to leave. They then wanted me to try to try a third room. At this time my fiance had to use her rescue inhaler due to the odor. I was refused a refund. I then went to Fairfield Inn and stayed for 2 nights. I called to talked to a manager on 12/15/08 and was refused by "Nick". As of 12/23/08, they still deny the refund. Thank you Fairfield for the awesome time! The place was the biggest health hazard I have ever seen. I feel the smell was due to the room not being clean and mold problems. DO NOT pay in advance if you are thinking about going. Look first!

• Liked — not a thing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2008

I, like a few other reviewers here, never stayed in this hotel, but I can tell you something about it. I made reservations for two nights. I called back 3 days before the arrival date to cancel because a family member became sick and we could not make it. Immediately got the run around on the phone and was told that the Manager was not in. When I asked for the Manager's name, was told that they could not give out that information. When asked when the Manager would be in, was told that they didn't know. They said they would check and call me back. They never did. We called back over and over, and after finally getting someone (and being told again that the Manager's name was a "secret" and we could not talk to them and they were not there) we were told that the Manager had decided to credit one day but still charge us for one day. We even offered to just delay the reservation to another time. They said NO, that it would be a totally new reservation if we wanted to come another time. Yeah, right. I asked that the Manager call ME. Never happened. Poor customer service. Very shady. It is not called a "motor lodge" for nothing.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2008

Large rooms with lovely furniture, Manger told us he is upgrading every room with bespoke furniture over the next few weeks. Great having a private balcony and window with fly screen that could be left open. Very friendly, helpful staff. Loved our stay there, just a short walk to the main street but tucked away, quiet and beautiful. Will certainly stay there again on our next visit from UK

• Liked — Large room with private balcony an hotel location
  • Disliked — Nothing, could not fault it
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2008

I stay at this hotel every year, sometimes twice a year. Once thought I would try something different, cancled after first night and went back to the River Edge for the remainder of vacation. Feels like my second home, have stayed here for over 20 years. It is out of the hustle and bustle of things, yet just a nice pretty walk to the main drag. I love this place, I have many wonderful memories at the River Edge....I almost find myself hoping they don't 'update' too much!

• Liked — fridge....gas fireplace...price...everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Okeechobee Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2008

When we arrived we got to check in early.The room was very large with a balcony.It is a older hotel so you can't expect the best but it was very clean.Staff was very nice and helpful.Short walk to where ever you want to go in town that is.Nice scenery.

• Liked — Clenliness
  • Disliked — elevator
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to River Edge Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!