“Very please” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mountain Heritage Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Mountain Heritage Inn
You added Mountain Heritage Inn to your Saves list
575 River Rd., Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Ranked #23 of 87 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Chapel Hill
“Very please”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Mountain Heritage is an older hotel, but that should not deter you if you are looking for a clean, affordable place to stay. It is just off the main thoroughfare in Gatlinburg, on River Road between the aquarium and the tram. We found it very convenient for a weekend getaway. We parked at the hotel, right at our door and never moved the car. It was convenient to walk all over town and if you aren't up for walking, the trolley stops nearby as well. We had a ground floor room with a jacuzzi tub, mini fridge and microwave. The king-sized bed was quiet comfortable and we had "real" pillows which made for a great night's sleep. The staff was friendly, helpful and courteous. Overall, we were very pleased and will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were in the Gatlinburg area doing all sorts of attractions and pretty much used the room just for stopping in to change out of bathing suits and to sleep in. I wanted to love it for just that purpose but it just fell a little short. The bed was very clean and no complaints there, but the bathroom, though it had clean surfaces, was a damper on the room. It had moldy ceiling tiles which were crumbling and had a few holes in them, which I didn't think I would care about, but it just wasn't pleasant. The shower only had thin bars of soap and no shampoo or anything else. Even though it's a cheaper rate I wouldn't think including shampoo for one's guests would be too much of a luxury to ask. When I woke up to go to the bathroom a very small millipede was on the floor, I'm thinking partly because of the holes in tiles. Again it was extremely small and I'm sure it doesn't happen that often, but it definitely didn't help with the room experience. The owners and service people were SO friendly though and I loved how old fashioned they were and that it was a family business, so I REALLY wanted to like the place, but it just fell short of expectations.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Armuchee, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I recently stayed here with my daughter. We stayed in a room with two queen beds. Our room didn't have a microwave, but it did have a nice -sized refrigerator. We stayed on the top floor in the corner in a relatively quiet area. Our room was clean and I feel that the towel supply was decent. The front desk gentleman was very friendly. The pool area and hot tub seem to be well kept. The hotel sits on the street running behind the parkway. To get to the main street you have to either cut across a parking lot and go up through the Moonshine Holler Parking Garage or walk down the street and up a side street. Really, the walk wasn't too bad, and we cut through the Rondettes a couple times. If you don't put out a "Do Not Disturb" sign, the cleaning staff may be knocking on your door early in the morning, so keep this in mind. This place isn't fancy or modern, but if you are only using your room as a "landing spot" while you enjoy the area, it is just fine. I will stay here again. but may try to get a room with a balcony next time. I didn't really like not having one. For a longer stay, I'd try the Rondettes. The beds were very comfortable also.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony, or, for a longer stay, get a Rondette.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Youngstown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The Mountain Heritage Inn located on River Road in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, is a quaint Inn with standard rooms, deluxe rooms, cottages, Roundettes, and suites. When I’m on business, I usually stay at the Cottage, Room 127 but when Patty (My wife) and I go to Gatlinburg, we move around a bit. Last time, we stayed in the Honeymoon Suite, room 201. (Married 28 years and counting)

The cost was $124.00, just $25.00 more per night than the deluxe rooms. It was a bargain. The suite has a nice size bedroom, king size bed, TV, window, a good size bathroom, a ready room, large living room, with fireplace, a heart-shaped jacuzzi, kitchen with stove, refrigerator, sink, dishes, etc, and a wrap around second story balcony with a nice view of the Smoky mountains.. There is even an elevator so you do not have to lug your luggage up stairs. It did come in handy.

The room was clean, spacious, felt very secure, (Door locks were tight with no wiggle) and the area well-lit. A great place to stay when visiting Gatlinburg as the Inn is just a several minute walk to the Parkway.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My wife and I were staying in different hotels in Gatlinburg, but grew weary of the main drag. We started looking around town to find a different place to stay. We found Mountain Heritage Inn with affordable prices, within walking distance to every where. Close to the Smoky Mountain (which we enjoy), with us spending most of our time in the mountains. The place needs updating, but rooms are clean. The staff is very pleasant and can't say enough about Louise in how she has made it feel like home for us.
Our search for a different place to stay happened in 1994 and we go to Gatlinburg 4 to 6 times a year. We now consider this place our home away home! We've been there so many times, everyone there seems like family to us! I now have additional people staying here and have found everything I have said to be true and now this is the only place that they will stay also!
If you decide to stay here, tell them Bud Sams send you! It'll bring a smile to Louise or Janice's face.

Room Tip: I'm not sure there is bad room, there is a room for everyone's budget.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

This was our first stay at Mountain Heritage Inn....and we will definitely be back...We stayed in a king suite and the room and balcony were awesome...Yes...it is outdated.....but very clean....We had a small kitchenette....dining area.. bedroom....and living room....and as I stated.....a very nice balcony to hear the mountain stream.....Housekeeping went out of their way to keep us happy....and the staff..(Ms. Louise,and in the office) were all exceptional...It is located just a block off of the parkway....and you can sneak up through the Smoky Mt. Moonshine parking lot to the parkway.....I would HIGHLY recommend the Mountain Heritage Inn if you are looking for a CLEAN, FRIENDLY, and rather QUIET place to stay....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jackson, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

It's not the Ritz by a long shot, but we don't take a trip just to stay in a fancy room. It had everything we needed, pet friendly, clean, comfortable, everything worked, and it was very close to the convention center where I had business there. Didn't break the bank to stay there. I felt like we got a real bargain. Going back again in 2 weeks on business and we're staying there again. As long as I am getting clean, comfortable accommodations, I could care less whether it's "fancy" or not.

Room Tip: The Rondettes are pet-friendly if you have a family and need more room. We stayed in a regular room...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Mountain Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!