“Miserable stay at the villas” 1 of 5 stars

The Villas of Gatlinburg
201 Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Ranked #79 of 87 Hotels in Gatlinburg
A TripAdvisor Member
“Miserable stay at the villas”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2006

When I think of staying at the Villas of Gatlinburg, I think about the worst vacation of my life. On Feb. 18, my husband and my immediate family left for what was supposed to be a short, wonderful, nice time in the mountains. However,upon arrival at the Big Timber Chalet number 1605, which is managed by the villas, at 6:00 P.M., we found our chalet was not ready. The cleaning crew was still there and were not yet finished cleaning. Check in time was supposed to be at 3:00P.M.and you can just imagine our surprise when we found out that our chalet was not ready 3 hours later. This was just the beginning of a nightmare. Once the clean up crew left, we found the chalet was only half way cleaned with dust everywhere,trash strewn all over the back deck, soiled sheets in the closet, no directv service, a stopped up bath tub and a very dirty counter top with hair all over it. When we talked to the people at the villas about the housekeeping, they did not seem to be concerned. I have truly learned two things from this trip: First, I will never recommend or stay at the villas of Gatlinburg again. Second, I will check out in more detail about a place to stay before I ever pay $513.00 for two nights to stay in filth and disgust.

Ginger Morgan
morgang@walkercountyschools.com

• Stayed February 2006

Solo
Business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2006

Just happened onto this website and felt I should warn not to book with the Villas of Gatlinburg. We stayed in the Mountain Dreams chalet. Not especially clean. Lots of dust and dirt built up around and under anywhere it could. Furniture and shelves clearly broken and glued back together. Questionable hot tub. We went out of our way to clean up any mess we made and to have all the used towels, etc. in one place. Despite our efforts, they charged us $30 for a bedroom TV remote that was never there to begin with! When we called to dispute the charge they just told us "tough" and that it was $30 because of the time it took to get a new remote! What would we do with a remote for their TV?!? If you do book, request a list of everything that's "supposed" to be there.

Stayed March 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2006

What a nightmare! Don't book with them. My wife booked a cabin for the weekend with Villas. When you check in, they give you a number for the lock box at the cabin to retrieve the key. We arrived to the cabin and the number they gave us did not work. We could not reach anybody so we had to find another hotel room for the night. The next day we found out that they gave us the wrong code to get in. We thought as a courtesy for our inconvenience, they would give let us stay for free for the other night we booked. We were wrong. They wanted to charge us full price and they were going to charge us for the previous night when we didn't even stay there! Don't give them your money!

• Stayed January 2006
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2005

It is highly recommended that tourists contact the company by phone to make a reservation rather than online. Pricing portrayed on the website is questionable. I made a reservation for the week after Christmas. Based on their chart, I thought I was getting the rate of "June through December". The other categories are "Holidays, October" and "Thanksgiving, New Years". When I received my confirmation I was not charged for ANY of the above rates, but some other rate out of the blue. When I contacted the business by phone the day after I made the reservation on line I was told that my reservation fell into the "New Years rate", even though my reservation did not fall on New Years Eve or New Years. Go figure. Staff refused to forego the $75 cancellation fee and was extremely rude. When I asked for the name of the owner, Staff refused to give me her last name, which by the way is public record. I won't do business with people like this.

• Stayed November 2005
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2005

My wife and I stayed in Cabin #602, "Mt. LeConte View" from Oct 14-19. We booked this trip only 2 weeks prior and were limited with the accomodations in the area. We were a little nervous with the prior reviews regarding the bug problem. When we arrived to the office, the staff was very helpful and very friendly. The map they provided us was easy to understand even though this was our first time to the area. The cabin was cleaner than my house when we arrived. Everything was provided in the cabin and I felt like I was at home. The washer/dryer and dishwasher were new. The cabin was secluded and had an excellent view of the mountains. The hot tub was private to where you could not see anyone and nobody could see you and was in excellent working condition. The cabin was in close proximity to the Gatlinburg strip and to the mountains. NO bug problem other than the couple of crickets I let in because we had the front door open the entire time. No doubt in my mind that I would rent the same cabin in the future.

• Stayed October 2005
New Orleans
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2005

Loved staying in the cabin provided by Villas of Gatlinburg. Only issue was that the map they provided and the signs to get there were hard to understand when traveling at night.

Otherwise a wonderful stay! :)

Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2005

We rented a chalet from them the Villas for a week, during this week we had a major problems with bugs, and was told there was nothing they could do about it, and we should expect this while in the mountains. If this was my first trip to the mountains, maybe I would have believed this. A month after we got home we received a letter telling us that we were not going to get our deposit back because we infested the cabin with bugs.. After doing a little research on this company on the Knoxville BBB website, I found out that this seems to be the pattern of the Villas. There were quite a few complaints about people not receiving there deposit back. I hope that anyone who is planning on staying in Gatlinburg, research the place they are using, we did not and I am very sorry about not taking the extra time to do so.

• Stayed June 2005

Been to The Villas of Gatlinburg? Share your experiences!