“We will be back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riverhouse at the Park

We can't find prices for this hotel
Riverhouse at the Park
You added Riverhouse at the Park to your Saves list
205 Ski Mtn. Rd., Gatlinburg, TN   |
Ranked #8 of 88 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“We will be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Although the rooms are a bit outdated, they're SO comfortable and clean!! They're large, have a fire place, a great deck on the river, and amazing homemade doughnuts and coffee delivered to your door each morning. The water pressure in the shower is also great! You can't beat the location either. We walked everywhere!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Central, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I was forced to cancel due to injury. I was informed that I would lose my deposit, since cancellation was due noon the day before. All the cancellation notice said was 7 days.
Will not be making reservations here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

The exterior and lobby must have undergone a facelift to make this Inn appear upscale. The rooms are a throwback to the 70's, but not necessarily in a bad way. Unlike your normal cookie-cutter motel room, they are big, with a gas-fireplace thrown in and a nice balcony to sit.. Lots of brown colours and wood panelling makes the rooms really dark. Beds were so-so. There is a view of the "river", but unfortunately, you're also staring directly across into condo's on the other side. Had to have the drapes closed for privacy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Kansas City, Mo.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We stayed here last year and loved it so we requested the same room, 101, that is on the end with a view of the Little Pigeon river. It wasn't available but we got the room above it, 201. It was just as good. Close to the Parkway street action and easy access to SMNP. The room was very clean and well maintained with a great fireplace and bed. Ordering a breakfast of juice, coffee, hot chocolate and donuts or toast that is delivered to your room in minutes is a phone call away. The rooms seem to be sound proof from the adjoining rooms. Extra cost for a river view was well worth it in my opinion. We really lucked out because the fall foliage was peaking during the time we were there during the last week of October.
One thing that kept me from giving an excellent rating was that during my first visit last year I found that due to the way the bathroom was laid out, there is no light in the shower. The shower curtain is very thick and opaque so when it's closed you end up having to shower in the dark. I told the front desk about this and they said that it will be corrected. Now with our second visit, nothing has changed. Showering in the dark isn't a big deal but it would be so easy to fix with a transparent shower curtain. I will be back though.

Room Tip: Rooms 101, 201 or 301 are on the end with a great view of the falls and river from the room and balc...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Clinton,Tn.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great location on the outskirts of town in a safe and secluded area. Absolutely clean and spacious with lodge -like furnishings which add to the charm. Great water pressure makes the shower an exhilarating experience. Close to traffic light #10 on a street parallel to main drag. Lots of restaurants close by, plus an easy 2 mile trail through the woods to the park. Did I mention very comfortable beds and sound-proof walls? Pay a little extra for a room with a balcony overlooking a river creek. Pleasant employees. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2013
Madison, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I are frequent visitors to this hotel and we "love" it. Great location for our use because it is right on the edge of the Great Smokey National Park property but still close to the shops of Gatlinburg too. In less than 50 yards you can be on a trail taking you to the Visitor Center for the Park. It is two miles long and most of it is beside the roaring river too. Very nice hike to take. The rooms are big and yes they are a little dated but they are clean and the staff is very helpful, friendly and they take pride in giving great customer service. I brought my motorcycle on a trailer this time and when I pulled in, one of their staff asked if I needed any help in taking my cycle off of the trailer. I did not ask for his help, he just volunteered and I excepted. That is the kind of service this hotel freely gives. Their cake donuts at breakfast are great and they bring them to your room with coffee and juice. Just call and order and boom they are at your door in 5 minutes or less. Not fancy but just good people. My kind of people.

Room Tip: Ask for a river side room if possible. The river sings you to sleep.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
East Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

The wife and I took a get away weekend and wanted something in downtown Gatlinburg. We read the good reviews on Riverhouse at the Park. We were not disappointed. This is an older motel but in very good shape. The room was spacious and the bed and furnishings were very comfortable. It had a large balcony on the river which made it seem secluded. You are just a block off of the main strip and close to some great restaurants. The staff was fantastic. Very friendly and helpful. The room was CLEAN!!!!
We will be back.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Riverhouse at the Park? Share your experiences!