“Most Romantic Lodging in TN!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Timber Rose English Lodge

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Timber Rose English Lodge
You added Timber Rose English Lodge to your Saves list
1106 Tanrac Trail, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Ranked #8 of 13 Gatlinburg B&B and Inns
TN
“Most Romantic Lodging in TN!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2009

We stayed at Timber Rose for our Honeymoon, returned for our 2nd Anniversary, and plan to return again. I've searched countless lodging that claim to be romantic, but none can compare to Timber Rose English Lodge. The price of TR is actually cheaper than the others of it's kind. TR is extremely private, the owners are the most welcoming and hospitable I've met, the grounds are so beautiful and relaxing, the rooms exquisite, no detail has been left out, and the view from the full-sized hot tob on your very private balcony....breathtakingly priceless! The bedroom is the most romantic I've seen! Your truly pampered and treated like royalty. Greeted as you walk into your suite with romantic music, a sparkling beverage in a beautiful silver wine cooler...I can't say enough good things about TR. If you want a romantic getaway there is no other place else that can compare!

• Liked — The beautifully romantic bedrooms, breathtaking views, full-size hot tubs, and the royal treatment by staff.
  • Disliked — The hill to get to it is a little step, but it's soooo worth it!
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Families
Solo
Business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2004

My wife and I were married at Timber Rose. We spent our honeymoon and first three anniversaries there. Last year (4th), we decided not to go. That was a mistake. This year we are going to celebrate our 5th anniversary. We both love it. It is secluded, romantic, and the view is incredible (especially of the sunrise while sitting in the hottub). Every room has a hottub on the deck. It is VERY private(wink,wink).

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2004

If you're looking for a romantic getaway in the heart of the Smoky Mountains, look no further than Timber Rose English Lodge. My husband and I were making our Gatlinburg wedding plans and got a brochure for TR in the deluge of Chamber of Commerce mail, and when I made a inquiry call to TR I ended up totally sold, thanks to the warmth of the owner! TR is perched on a mountainside 3 miles east of Gatlinburg, a small 5 suite inn decorated in opulent Victoriana with spectacular views and a Jacuzzi on every balcony. The suites also contain fully equipped kitchens for those of you who like to cook your own romantic dinners. This inn is strictly couples only--no one under 18 is allowed by posted policy, so you'll know it'll be peaceful. The small staff is pleasant and unobtrusive, and expect to have your arrival heralded on the chalkboard as if you were royalty! Best of all, the prices are comparable to a decent hotel or a cabin. For a honeymoon or other romantic trip where you want to ditch the tack and noise of Gatlinburg, you will not go wrong with Timber Rose. My only warning--book early, particularly if you want to go in the fall.

Been to Timber Rose English Lodge? Share your experiences!