“You will be AMAZED!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Foxtrot Bed and Breakfast

Save Saved
You added The Foxtrot Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
The Foxtrot Bed and Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   1520 Garrett Lane, Gatlinburg, TN 37738 (Formerly Butcher House in the Mountains)   |
Ranked #5 of 14 Gatlinburg B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Atlanta, Ga
“You will be AMAZED!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Wonderful! Clean! Beautifully Holiday Decor! Nice Inn keepers. Awesome food.My husband and I love this place. The Mountain view from the deck and the Lacont Sunrise suite was simply amazing. Very romantic place. We strongly suggest choosing this place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

97 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Downers Grove, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I wished I had read a few more of the reviews before deciding to stay at the Foxtrot. It was a disappointing and EXPENSIVE experience. We moved from the Inn at Christmas Place to the Foxtrot for the last two nights of our honeymoon. What a mistake. First they are located quite a distance up the mountain and the roads are very confusing, especially at night. We called to advise them we would be arriving early about 1:30 but were told that the time wasn't good because they were out. Hmm? So we headed up at the appointed time of 3 pm but got lost and had to call three times for clear directions. When we arrived the hosts seemed to already be annoyed with us. It was a very unpleasant feeling as we barely set foot in the door and then were hurried outside to the balony to see the view. We were then told the some of the history and Gatlinburg attractions were pointed out to us. If Bob would have stopped for one moment and asked us, he would have found out we are familiar with the area as we have been coming there for years. Wanting to go to our room, we were "escorted" back into the kitchen where we were "instructed" on use of coffee maker and told breakfast was 9 am sharp! Wow. The entire time Shirley just stood there staring at us not saying a word. Strange. Then we were given a sales pitch about tee shirts and cookbooks. Are you kidding?? Like other reviewers we were then followed by both of them to our room (which felt creepy) and given more instructions. After that they told us to go to the car and get our luggage while they would stay in the room and remove the bedding. What! They called it turn down service but I felt they just didn't want us touching their bedding/pillows. From the moment we walked in we were very comfortable; I even told my husband I felt they have cameras in the common areas to watch guests. Anyhow, breakfast itself was wonderful; Shirley truly can cook. But the table setting was just too pretentious. We were given coffee mugs and 2 minutes later they were taken away and we had to use the china cups on the table. I didn't even take 3 sips from the original mug! lol We have stayed at plenty of B&B's (St. Augustine, Galena, Tucson, etc.) and enjoyed most of them. Although they have a lovely home, you always feel like an intruder here instead of a guest. For the price we paid, we didn't get to enjoy the romantic time we had planned because we stayed away as much as possible. We wished we had just remained at the Christmas Inn.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I only had a one-night stay at the Foxtrot, and it was lovely. I was in town on business and never even saw the property in the daylight! Arrived at night and left before dawn. But the guest experience was very nice. A plush, comfortable room. Kind innkeepers. They made me a to-go breakfast for my early departure. The most amazing part of my brief stay was eating a piece of the most AMAZING chocolate cake that was awaiting guests in the kitchen - baked by Shirley. Holy cow. Just look at my photo, and you know you can just taste it! Hope to be back another time - and in the daylight!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Youngsville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Without a doubt the best B&B we have ever stayed at. Bob and Shirley go out of their way to ensure you feel like you are right at home. From the 3 course gourmet breakfasts to the advice on what to do and where to go you could not ask for a better place to stay. We enjoyed our time there so much we cancelled reservations elsewhere to come back before our 8 day vacation was over. A first class couple running a first class B&B.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms at this location
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kodak, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

The Foxtrot had a breath taking view of down town Gatlinburg and the surrounding Mountains. The INN was exceptional clean and comfortable. I did notice the health inspection report on the wall show a perfect 100 score. Bob and Shirley are the ideal host. Breakfast were very good and they always had cake or cookies availble anytime you had the sweet craven. We did not check out the clubhouse so I did rate the swimming pool or fitness center as excellent based on the other ratings be excellent. We will definitly have a return trip in the future. I would recommend staying here!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Big Stone Gap, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Just back from a two night stay at the Foxtrot B and B. Our first visit but will not be our last. We stayed in the LeConte Sunrise Room. It was amazing; deck, two person jacuzzi tub, geat king bed, sooooo comfy, Tenn Goodie Tray, free soft drinks, turn down service with chocolate and weather report, comfy bath robes, plush towels, and a view simply to die for. Couple this location, scenery and ambiance with the excellent cooking of Ms Shirley Price and kind service of Mr Bob Price and you will have a getaway to remember. Bob and Shirley are excellent hosts and have expert knowledge of the area, really, expert. They are kind, easy to talk with and a real joy to meet. The breakfasts are out of this world, typically 3 courses each day along with gourmet coffees and treats daily that can be enjoyed in your room, in the beautiful living room/ library or out on the wrap around deck with beautiful views.
I gave Shirley a call because we were stuck in Pigeon Forge traffic to let her know about our late check in. She directed me out of the taffice and onto a shortcut. Wow, this is just one example of the Price's excellent local knowledge and great service. Book a stay. You will be very glad you did.

Room Tip: Also have access to outdoor hot tub, pool and fitness center nearby and discounts at local shops and...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Biloxi, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We were originally looking for a cabin rental when I accidently ran across this beautiful property. My husband and I decided to spend more per night for an included breakfast. I cannot impress on you enough what a smart decision it was. I have never been so excited for that morning meal!! Shirley prepared for us the most delectable food I've ever eaten. Breakfast was exquisitely prepared and presented. As a side note, I have never liked grapefruit. Well, that's what was served one morning. I thought to myself, you're gonna have to be a big girl and at least make an attempt to try it. Wow, was I surprised! I ate every single bite!!I And the crepes, and the baked apple! Oh, I can't forget her bisquits. Absolutely THE best I've ever eaten! Everything Shirley made for us was --I can't think of the word--BETTER than delicioius. I can't say enough good things about that three course breakfast! If you want to be treated like royalty, stay at the Foxtrot! If you want to sleep like royalty, stay at the Foxtrot! After a day of hiking and zip lining, that bed is to die for! So plush and cozy! Bob and Shirley are so sweet and most gracious as hosts. Their home is comfortable and welcoming, Quiet and soothing. If you want kids running up and down the halls, don't stay here. If you want kids screaming in the pool, don't bother. The Foxtrot is a secluded piece of heaven for grown ups! It is located at the top of the mountain and the views are gorgeous! From the Vegas-like Gatlinburg strip to the hush-hush serenity of my morning cup of gourmet coffee on the deck, our trip to the Smokies was incredible! One last thing, Don't be in a hurry to get down into town. We stayed five nights and managed to drive down the mountain five different ways! Our getaway was quite the adventure. We loved every minute of it. Bob and Shirley's selflessness in sharing their home with so many is a testament to their character and their love for the Smokies. Go on! Make that resevation!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Foxtrot Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!