“A fine B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Foxtrot Bed and Breakfast

Save Saved
You added The Foxtrot Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
The Foxtrot Bed and Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   1520 Garrett Lane, Gatlinburg, TN 37738 (Formerly Butcher House in the Mountains)   |
Ranked #5 of 13 Gatlinburg B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Charleston, South Carolina
“A fine B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I only had a one-night stay at the Foxtrot, and it was lovely. I was in town on business and never even saw the property in the daylight! Arrived at night and left before dawn. But the guest experience was very nice. A plush, comfortable room. Kind innkeepers. They made me a to-go breakfast for my early departure. The most amazing part of my brief stay was eating a piece of the most AMAZING chocolate cake that was awaiting guests in the kitchen - baked by Shirley. Holy cow. Just look at my photo, and you know you can just taste it! Hope to be back another time - and in the daylight!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Youngsville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Without a doubt the best B&B we have ever stayed at. Bob and Shirley go out of their way to ensure you feel like you are right at home. From the 3 course gourmet breakfasts to the advice on what to do and where to go you could not ask for a better place to stay. We enjoyed our time there so much we cancelled reservations elsewhere to come back before our 8 day vacation was over. A first class couple running a first class B&B.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms at this location
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kodak, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

The Foxtrot had a breath taking view of down town Gatlinburg and the surrounding Mountains. The INN was exceptional clean and comfortable. I did notice the health inspection report on the wall show a perfect 100 score. Bob and Shirley are the ideal host. Breakfast were very good and they always had cake or cookies availble anytime you had the sweet craven. We did not check out the clubhouse so I did rate the swimming pool or fitness center as excellent based on the other ratings be excellent. We will definitly have a return trip in the future. I would recommend staying here!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Big Stone Gap, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Just back from a two night stay at the Foxtrot B and B. Our first visit but will not be our last. We stayed in the LeConte Sunrise Room. It was amazing; deck, two person jacuzzi tub, geat king bed, sooooo comfy, Tenn Goodie Tray, free soft drinks, turn down service with chocolate and weather report, comfy bath robes, plush towels, and a view simply to die for. Couple this location, scenery and ambiance with the excellent cooking of Ms Shirley Price and kind service of Mr Bob Price and you will have a getaway to remember. Bob and Shirley are excellent hosts and have expert knowledge of the area, really, expert. They are kind, easy to talk with and a real joy to meet. The breakfasts are out of this world, typically 3 courses each day along with gourmet coffees and treats daily that can be enjoyed in your room, in the beautiful living room/ library or out on the wrap around deck with beautiful views.
I gave Shirley a call because we were stuck in Pigeon Forge traffic to let her know about our late check in. She directed me out of the taffice and onto a shortcut. Wow, this is just one example of the Price's excellent local knowledge and great service. Book a stay. You will be very glad you did.

Room Tip: Also have access to outdoor hot tub, pool and fitness center nearby and discounts at local shops and...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Biloxi, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We were originally looking for a cabin rental when I accidently ran across this beautiful property. My husband and I decided to spend more per night for an included breakfast. I cannot impress on you enough what a smart decision it was. I have never been so excited for that morning meal!! Shirley prepared for us the most delectable food I've ever eaten. Breakfast was exquisitely prepared and presented. As a side note, I have never liked grapefruit. Well, that's what was served one morning. I thought to myself, you're gonna have to be a big girl and at least make an attempt to try it. Wow, was I surprised! I ate every single bite!!I And the crepes, and the baked apple! Oh, I can't forget her bisquits. Absolutely THE best I've ever eaten! Everything Shirley made for us was --I can't think of the word--BETTER than delicioius. I can't say enough good things about that three course breakfast! If you want to be treated like royalty, stay at the Foxtrot! If you want to sleep like royalty, stay at the Foxtrot! After a day of hiking and zip lining, that bed is to die for! So plush and cozy! Bob and Shirley are so sweet and most gracious as hosts. Their home is comfortable and welcoming, Quiet and soothing. If you want kids running up and down the halls, don't stay here. If you want kids screaming in the pool, don't bother. The Foxtrot is a secluded piece of heaven for grown ups! It is located at the top of the mountain and the views are gorgeous! From the Vegas-like Gatlinburg strip to the hush-hush serenity of my morning cup of gourmet coffee on the deck, our trip to the Smokies was incredible! One last thing, Don't be in a hurry to get down into town. We stayed five nights and managed to drive down the mountain five different ways! Our getaway was quite the adventure. We loved every minute of it. Bob and Shirley's selflessness in sharing their home with so many is a testament to their character and their love for the Smokies. Go on! Make that resevation!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Seymour, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I surprised my Mom with a weekend at a spa and a B&B. And they made us both feel incredibly welcomed. When we came in Bob showed us the view (which couldn't have been better) and around the house. There was a huge library that you're more than welcome to borrow books and movies from. They provide you with plenty of goodies. And when we got in our room there was a birthday cake waiting for my Mom that said "Happy Birthday Mom" on it. Which was about $20ish dollars. The room was beautiful and beautifully decorated. I bought one of the cheaper rooms, but I couldn't see how the once that were a bit more expensive could be much better. The bed was incredibly comfortable, and the bath tub was to die for! I laid in it with the aroma therapy stuff that they provided for us and the jets on and it was so relaxing! Of course Shirley's breakfast was amazing. (She is a professional chef.) Everything was presented wonderfully. I am going to have huge standards for any other B&B I go to.

Room Tip: Whether you pick the most or least expensive they're all wonderful. It might only effect you if...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

When we first arrived, we were greeted by friendly faces and a warm welcome. Bob told us what all the beautiful mountains were named and some great things to do while in town. Then we met Shirley - what a wonderful woman! She was warm and friendly. They both made us feel like we were part of their family immediately. There was a coconut cake that was to die for!!!! When we entered our room, I thought we were home! A beautiful bed, a private bath, and decorations that gave a home feeling. The sheets were the whitest I have ever seen. Everything was so clean and fresh. We felt right at home (honestly a lot cleaner than home:).

Breakfast was unbelievable! Three courses that were truly wonderful. While we ate, Bob answered questions about the history of Gatlinburg - absoutely wonderful stories. The food was great, the coffee was wonderful and the atmosphere was perfect. Shirely made us a picnic lunch that my husband and I ate with GREAT pleasure. Everything was perfect!

Thank you Bob and Shirley for making our trip to the Smokies perfect - in every way. By the way, the rafting trip you arranged as very fun. Thank you for everything. I am so grateful to Living Social for bringing us together. We will definately return - hopefully for a longer trip. Thank you again

Bob and Paige Barlow
Dayton, OH

Room Tip: I am sure any room would be as wonderful as ours
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Foxtrot Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!