“Awesome Weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Foxtrot Bed and Breakfast

Save Saved
You added The Foxtrot Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
The Foxtrot Bed and Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   1520 Garrett Lane, Gatlinburg, TN 37738 (Formerly Butcher House in the Mountains)   |
Ranked #5 of 14 Gatlinburg B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Maryville, Tennessee
“Awesome Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

We just spent the weekend and had a wonderful time. The setting and view from the Foxtrot is amazing. Bob and Shirley are the perfect hosts with great food and stories about Gatlinburg and the Smokys. You can relax on the back porch and feel like you can touch Mt LeConte while you sip a great cup of coffee and have some of Shirley's coconut cake or relax in your own two person Jacuzzi in the privacy of your room and still enjoy the view of the mountains. You are 10 minutes from downtown Gatlinburg and the national park. The perfect getaway for couples looking to celebrate a romantic weekend as we celebrated our 38th wedding anniversary with chocolate cover strawberries and a anniversary cake waiting for my wife in our room. If you want your weekend to be very special Bob and Shirley can accommodate almost any request. This place is a gem.
Sincerely Ron Fagan

Room Tip: Ther is no swimming pool or fitness center. We satyed in the LeConte Sunrise which has an amazing vi...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

101 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Kimberly, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Foxtrot this weekend to celebrate our 32nd Anniversary- it was lovely! The food is 1st class as is the service from your hosts- Bob & Shirley Price! Bob is a wealth of knowledge. The only thing I would have suggested to make it super-enjoyable was a more detailed map (mileage from one point to the next)- we got lost and had to have Bob stay on the phone to get us there.... All in all- a very relaxing trip! Personally- I was thankful that Bob prayed a blessing over the food, our days, etc... Some might not appreciate that- but I thought it was great!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Maryville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

The trip up the mountain is well worth it when you reach your destination. Our hostess Shirley greated us and showed us around. The views from the deck are spectacular and soo... quiet with the bustling city of Gatlinberg just below. You would never suspect you were near a city. Sunrise is spectacular coming up over the mountains. The rooms had very comfortable beds with all the amenities including a small refrigerator. A delicious evening dessert topped off our dinner but was just a prelude to the feast we encountered for our breakfast, prepared by our gracious hostess Shirley.

Room Tip: "The Cherokee room had a great view of Mt. LeConte"
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

This place is simply enchanting. We had some difficulty navigating to the top of the mountain since there are so many weird turns and unlabeled roads, but once you get there you are in awe at the magnificent view and lovely house. My first impression of Shirley was that she was a bit distant but once you spoke with her for a while you realize she is a very nice and interesting person (I did not meet Bob but from other reviews on here I gather he is a chatterbox). She was very knowledgeable about the various trails in the area and helped us find a trail with the landscape we were looking for.

I stayed in Cherokee Orchard bedroom and I thought it was very nice and the bed was comfortable (complete with cable tv and chocolates on the pillow). I did not have any of the issues with water and electricity that were mentioned in reviews from previous years.

Later that night after we finished hiking we sat on the balcony and watched the sunset (there are several balconies, one connected to the living room, one large one connected to the kitchen and a private one only available to you if you rent the room on the 2nd floor). We sat on the main balcony and I ate one of her delicious brownie treats (she keeps a plate of sweets on the table in the kitchen) and chatted with one of the other couples. There is also a coffee/tea maker similar to the kurig that she keeps out for those of you that need coffee frequently like I do.

Breakfast the next morning was so delicious it is hard to put into words. Hands down the best meal I have ever eaten, and I have eaten at some great restaurants. The appetizer was an "Orange Blossom" which was basically a warm orange with some meringue on top, but oh was it good, it tasted very fresh and juicy and the meringue was a nice touch to add a bit of extra sweetness. The main course was a creme brulee french toast with home made bread and sliced strawberries and bananas on top. This was so good I doubt I will ever have anything as good for the rest of my life, I can't even accurately describe it. For dessert she served a butterscotch pear with sliced almonds on top. Sweet and delicious if you can find the room to eat it. The couple we chatted with said she made eggs benedict the morning before so be prepared for some great meals if you stay here!

I bought this as a deal with livingsocial so I am not sure if it applies to all who stay here, but we also received free hiking sticks, a hiking guidebook and a picnic lunch for two (which was up to par with the other delicious food we had).

If I had to list negatives about this place it would be trying to find it, the semi-awkward initial meeting of the owner(s), and the bees that love to fly around the balcony while you are trying to enjoy your book.

As a side note, yes, they say a prayer before breakfast, but it is only 30 seconds and is to bless the food and ask for the safety of everyone present. If you get upset over that then you're just a person that likes to get upset for the sake of being upset. It's not like they make anyone get on their knees, call you out to pray, or make you place your hand on your heart while standing at attention. If you could not guess from the bible verses on their website that they are the type of people to believe in God and prayer, then I don't feel bad for your awkwardness. It should definitely not be a dealbreaker because this place is amazing and I for one plan on returning for a future getaway.

Room Tip: Ask Shirley about the rooms, but I know one of the rooms on the 2nd floor has a private balcony.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012 via mobile

I had a great time staying here on spring break. If you love the outdoors and great views then this is the place for you! Ms. Shirley is sure to take care of you and provide you with an excellent breakfast that will be sure to keep you full for practically the whole day! The rooms are extremely clean and well laid out. Everything that you need is available close by. The national park is approximately 5 mins away along with downtown gatlinburg. Just be careful when traveling on the roads they have very tight turns and going up a mountain without guardrails. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012
Lenoir City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

We just came back from a wonderful stay with Shirley Price at Fox Trot Bed and Breakfast. The home is beautiful and the food prepared for us by Shirley (who is happens chef )was the most delicious food we have ever eaten. The view from our balcony is a beautiful view of Mt. Lacont the highest peak in the smokeys. The warm welcome and hospitality presented to us by shirley was a welcome change from the rat race we live in. We can not wait to visit with shirley again. If you like the experience of a bed and breakfast this is the upscale experience you need. Bob and Shirley have a jewel in the Smokeys.

Woodstock, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Foxtrot B&B recently for a weekend get away and I will tell you it was a great B&B. The accommodations are very comfortable and everything we needed was there for us. Shirley's cooking is amazing and Bob's conversations are very informative. They both made our visit pleasant and very comfortable. I feel they went out of their way to accommodate us. The view from the deck is breathtaking. We definitely recommend Foxtrot B&B and will definitely return to this beautiful, relaxing B&B. Kris H.

Room Tip: The Cherokee room was very comfortable for the two of us and very quiet. Next time we stay we will...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Foxtrot Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!