“Great Stay In The Mountains!” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #14 of 88 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
SC
“Great Stay In The Mountains!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My family and I visited Gatlinburg this past weekend and stayed in the Fairfield Inn & Suites. We arrived late Friday night and check-in was smooth and easy. We were 4 adults and 1 child and we shared a room with 2 double beds. Although it was slightly small for all of us, we managed to make it work and didn't spend much time in the room outside of sleeping and showering. The room did include a desk, flat screen tv and nice size bathroom. It was a clean room as well. Nothing over top or super modern, but was great for the price. The hotel included free breakfast which was great! Eggs, sausage patties, biscuits, all sorts of bread, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, coffee, juice as well as a make your own waffle station. It was a bit congested around 8:30-9 am so I would suggest going a bit earlier. I utilized the gym early on Sunday morning and when heading back to my room around 7 am there were only few guests milling about in the dining area so if you're looking to eat during a quieter time I suggest going early. They also had outdoor seating for breakfast, but there wasn't much space which was unfortunate b/c the weather was perfect during our stay.

Our room faced the mountains so we were able to get a great night's sleep the entire trip. No noise whatsoever. The hotel has an indoor and outdoor pool, the outdoor pool being geared more towards children sine it's only around 3.5 feet deep. My niece loved it though! It included a slide that she enjoyed very much. My dad and I enjoyed the indoor pool since it was 5 ft deep and allowed us to swim laps. There was also a jacuzzi we all enjoyed briefly inside. The gym was basic, but clean. There was an elliptical, treadmill and bike. Since I was up early I worked out around 6:15am on Sunday morning I was able to enjoy the gym by myself and didn't need to worry about sharing the equipment.

The hotel is located right between Pigeon Forge and the center of Gatlinburg so it was a great location. The only downside was the trolley system. We hoped to take the trolley into town (Gatlinburg) so we wouldn't have to drive and pay to park, but upon arrival at the trolley stop outside of the hotel we met another family who had been waiting for about 40 mins for the trolley to arrive and supposedly it should come every 30 mins. So we opted to walk to town instead. It's about 1.3 miles into town so if the sun isn't shining too brightly it's actually a nice, easy walk. I would definitely stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites again! Great prices, breakfast and location!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

The hotel at Gatlinburg is beautiful inside and out. Outside it has a cabin-like appearance. Inside it is well decorated with a nice clean smell. The rooms are clean and comfortable. There is a patio area with a view of the trees, wonderful for mornings and fresh air. The breakfast team is fabulous and hardworking. The gentleman and the ladies that make up the team are very welcoming.

This hotel is a few minutes away from Dollywood.

• Stayed August 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed here recently and we just loved it. First off walking into the building caught my attention, because everything smelled so clean. Secondly, the staff were super friendly and attentive to our needs. Thirdly, our room was very clean and smelled good. The breakfast was fairly good. There wasn't much of a variety, scrambled eggs and sausage, biscuit and gravy or waffles. However, seeing as it was included in the price it was great.

One other note, our room faced the traffic side of Gatlinburg, however, we never heard the traffic or the people playing mini-golf. AMAZING! I must say I have stayed at more expensive hotels and actually had to call the front desk to be moved because of noise. Not here...I didn't hear anything!! We would definitely stay here again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we walked in, the front desk staff was NOT helpful. They acted if we were a burden for even being at the hotel. One woman was eating her dinner, which would have been no big deal if she had put it down to help us, but she did not. She just kept eating. However, housekeeping was amazing! They were super helpful. If you decide to stay here and need help, ask a housekeeper instead of the front desk. Overall, the hotel was beautiful. We loved the two pools. Great location to go to Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge.

• Stayed August 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were there for only one night, but comfort is most important. This is still one of those hotels that perfume a room up with carpet deodorizer--I mean it was overwhelming. When we arrived we had to turn off the air conditioner, turn on the bathroom fan, open the window and escape to the pool. The smell never did go away by the time we checked out at 10:30 the next morning, but it became less intense. We left a complaint in writing and maybe this will stop. Also in this hotel the king size bedroom we had was very small. I was surprised. And my final complaint was that the 3-story building had only one small elevator. On the plus side, the bed was comfortable, the room and common areas were clean and well maintained; the location was good--right at the entrance to Gatlinburg near the bypass; the free breakfast had a good variety and the breakfast area was set up nicely. If you have children, the hotel is right next to putt-putt golf ; the pool, while small, has a very fun, twisting water slide and a fountain. The children loved it. If you are partial to a quiet pool setting, without kids, this is not for you. There also is a dearth of tables with umbrellas (only two which people grab and reserve quickly, even when they are not sitting there).

Room Tip: Take a first floor room to avoid the slow elevator.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The staff was very knowledgable about the area and always helpful! The room was clean and the the bed was comfortable. However, there were several things that did not sit well with me. I had asked the front desk if there was literature in the room about where to dine in the area and they said yes. No, there was nothing in the room but a tiny bit of information about the hotel. I had signed up for the Marriott rewards program because the website said I could earn reward points when I stayed at the Fairfield Inn, but apparently not in the room we were booked in. The elevator is ridiculously slow & noisy. The ice machine on the 3rd floor was broken all weekend. On our last morning there, I happened to see the folks heading upstairs to clean the room. They had clean towels in large trash cans. I sure hope those were clean trash cans! The breakfast area is extremely tiny. The breakfast is a hot breakfast and there is plenty of it, if you can find a place to sit and eat. The hot food was not great, but since it was included we ate there. They did have bagels and fresh fruit! They also have a waffle maker, yogurt and lots of other options if you choose not to eat the probably fake eggs. We did get a free pass into any Ripley's attraction. Apparently it came with our room. However, we would not have known about it if we would not have asked about the miniature golf course in front of the hotel, which is a Ripley's golf course. Ask if you get a Ripley's pass with your room! Even though I liked the location, I will not be returning to this hotel in the future!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I was trying to get a quote for a block of rooms for next July. I called the hotel and Claudette answers the phone. I asked for the sales office. She said she is working sales. So I proceeded to tell her what I needed. When she gave me the quote I told her I needed that in writing. She said I couldn't get it in writing unless I paid. I'm planning this event next year and every other hotel I've called all sent a quote by email. So she said if I want it in writing then I need to call back Monday and talk to Sales. Now I'm confused because she said in the beginning of the call she was working in sales! So I said to her, if you wasn't working in sales or couldn't help me, you should have transferred me to someone who could! Before I could finish my sentence, she started yelling and hung up on me...some Southern Hospitality! I called Marriott customer service and got a sweet girl who helped me and turned the whole mood around. Still not sure if I want to hold my event there because of the bad taste Claudette left in my mouth! Claudette is very rude and if this is how their hotel does business, I won't be staying there now or later! There are plenty of other hotels in the area to choose from! Don't get me wrong, the hotel is nice (been there before) but their staff is rude and needs to be retrained in their customer service skills!

Room Tip: On the trolley stop
Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Gatlinburg North? Share your experiences!