“Perfect location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 86 hotels in Gatlinburg
Cleveland, Ohio
“Perfect location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This is in a great location off the beaten path. It's quiet, clean, and the staff are very helpful and courteous. It's only a mile or so from town. Easily walkable. There is also a trolley that will take you into town for 50 cents. We had one of the balcony rooms over looking the pool. Although it was a little loud, it was to be expected. All in all I thought this was a nice hotel in a great location.

360 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Pittsboro, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Gatlinburg goes by Stoplight numbers (1-10). The Fairfield is right before you get to Stoplight #1. It's actually in a great location and the downtown trolley stops right at the hotel so you don't have to drive and find parking downtown.

The room was nice. Very clean. Small fitness center but very adequate. Nice outdoor pool, indoor pool, and jacuzzi.

They include a breakfast and there were lots of different items on the buffet, hot and cold.

Newnan, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

After Booking.com and the Belle Aire hotel dumped us a week before our stay(claiming overbooked, however when we passed by they had vacancies), we found the Fairfield and decided to give it a shot. it was a bit more than we wanted to spend and farther from the center of town( the convention center) but we were tired of less than desirable hotels. this hotel did not disappoint. it was very clean and comfortable. I read on another review that said the pool caused a lot of noise, but we didn't experience that. in fact the hotel was full and we didn't experience any loud noise. the hotel breakfast is a great money saver and was more than enough in variety. the downside is that it is at the very beginning of town and a very long walk to the center of town. there is a trolley that goes by every 30 mins, but it does make a long loop around to other trolley stops and does take a while, so if you are on a time schedule please be aware. we found that driving into town and parking in one of the lots and then walking worked just as well and cost the same as the trolley, $5.00 all day most lots. overall it was a great stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We drove from Wisconsin and were exhausted when we pulled in. We hadnt made a reservation, but they had availability. We were able to check-in at 9am and slept for a couple hours before visiting the Smoky Mountains.

Room was small, but clean and comfortable. Mini fridge was a nice bonus, as we had brought drinks in the car from our road trip. Close enough to town, but not too close. Not really within walking distance, and next time I might stay closer to the town so there was more to do. We didn't come to Gatlingburg for the town though, we went for sight-seeing and hiking the trails. Which we did, and enjoyed very much.

Breakfast the next morning was decent. Cereal, yogurt, juice and coffee. The coffee was always out throughout the day.

Spartanburg, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Room was very clean. Room had everything. Microwave and mini fridge. The trolley was a challenge since it was always full since the Memorial Day weekend was busy. The dining room staff for breakfast wasn't very friendly. Asked about fruit being available and was told ... whats out is what we have ... Sorry I bothered her. Thats the only reason no 5 star.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Excellent hotel. This is situated in a quiet location, just before you get into the mess of downtown Gatlinburg, but also several miles from Pigeon Forge. It is very convenient to all of the trails and things that you would want to see around the National Park. We only had one glitch as I did not book a room with a jacuzzi. Fortunately, the hotel staff worked with Travelocity (with whom I booked the stay) to change the reservation to an upgraded room. The price was the same. We have stayed at this hotel at least 3 times and will use it again in the future.

Room Tip: Make sure that you book a room with a jacuzzi. If you are hiking a lot, you will be glad that you d...
Canal Winchester, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

First of all, I am overall happy that I chose this hotel in Gatlinburg. It was very clean and I really enjoyed our stay. The hotel had a lovely green foliage theme decor throughout. Our room had 2 Queen beds and a small desk with chair, a flat screen tv and a small fridge. The beds were hard and I needed more bedding. I got cold at night and they had a sheet with a thin down-like comforter in between another sheet. I felt for the price of the room and it being A Marriott hotel that they could do better than this. Also, there were no bedbugs! The shower on the other hand was perfect. The hotel provided a free breakfast with lots to choose from which really helped with feeding my kids and easy on the budget. The staff in the dining room worked hard and were very helpful and kind. The hotel has a great outdoor pool and also an indoor pool. It also resides at the beginning of town, which seemed more quieter than down in the middle of Gatlinburg. It also seemed the most cleanest hotel. Gatlinburg seemed full of run down, old looking motels and I am thankful that I chose this hotel for our 2 day trip. There is a trolly that also comes every 15 minute which was $0.50 each way. This was very convenient! Now for the negative.... On our second night, I called the front desk and asked them for 2 blankets and some towels. The front desk clerk replied, " you want what?", hastily. I then repeated myself and asked if there would be an additional charge. She then said with a rude tone, ". Only if you take it home with you. ". I got the impression that I was somehow really bothering her. Another clerk then brought the blankets and towels. Then the next day, we were walking in the lobby. The same clerk, who,was rude on the phone, goes up to my 2 year old daughter and says with a scary voice, ". Give me that passie!" she was talking about my daughter who had a pacifier in her mouth. I know she was joking and most people who read this will probably think I am being way too critical, but my toddler has a sensory and expressive delay and is very sensitive to loud noises and strangers. My daughter was very frightened by this and I really wish I would of confronted the clerk. How about smiling and talking quietly to little children who may have medical issues? I hope if management reads this that they could have a chat with their employee. We ended up having to see this same employee over and over in the lobby and I was so scared she was going to say something again to my daughter which then would of taken 20 minutes to calm her down. I must say that I did enjoy our stay and would definitely return. I did not give it 5 stars because of our interaction with the clerk.

Room Tip: back of hotel to reduce street noise and lights
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Gatlinburg North? Share your experiences!