“Nice stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 86 hotels in Gatlinburg
Muncie, Indiana
“Nice stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

We stayed at the Bearskin and enjoyed our time there, the room was good, maybe needs updated a bit. The staff was friendly, the breakfast was good as well. I left my glasses behind which they sent to me postage paid! Thanks Bearskin!

Room Tip: Get a creek view room!

568 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We have stayed here several times while in Gatlinburg and we really enjoy this lodge. Our room had a gas fireplace and a two person jacuzzi and a balcony right on the River. A great location, you can walk to downtown where there is always something to do. It is also near many fine restaurants and shops. There is a complimentary breakfast which is quite good and has a variety of items. This hotel has the feel of a rustic lodge; a fun place to stay!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the River.
Conyers, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Lodge is like new & very clean. Convenient to walking around town & to the Peddler for a steak dinner (right next door). They have a fire going in the lobby fireplace & offer fresh baked cookies...so welcoming when you walk in! Staff was friendly and room was nice. We will stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony on the river...and a jacuzzi :)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Nice room. Nice view of city. Convenient location. Plenty of parking (during the week)
Room spacious and clean.
Front desk staff pretty curious.
One problem. Fitness room rather small and the card key had to be reactivated each day.
No major qualms. Will stay there again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Round Hill, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed at the Bear Skin Lodge for the second time this past October and once again they did not disappoint. The room was clean, sheets and towels still white and not gray like so many other hotels of equal value. There was always at least one person at the front desk who was nice and helpful and able to answer questions, etc. We had to check out a day early due to sick pups at home and this was no problem for the hotel. They were very kind and understanding. The breakfast was always good and available when we went...fully stocked and not overly crowded as we were out early. This is our go-to hotel now and we love it! One note... we spend our days hiking in the mountains or wondering around Gatlinburg, so have no use for the pool and can't comment on it. We did notice on one brisk evening they had the fire pit going in the pool area which looked nice and cozy, but we had spent the day in the mountains and were too tired to check it out for long!

Room Tip: We had a river side room which was very quiet and peaceful. They do face another building but it...
Manchester TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We checked in on October 27th, room 510. We had only one issue and that was during check in. The man at the front desk told us they do not offer a military discount. However, I had emailed ahead of time and was told, by email, that with a military ID we would receive 10% off our reservation. Although, the front desk wasn't really wanting to offer the discount, he finally did. I'm OCD about cleanliness and I must say...our room was spotless. I found out later that Jackie was the one who cleaned our room. I found her in the hallway and thanked her for spending the extra time to make sure it was spot on. She truly had the room immaculate! The bed and pillow were soft (which is my preference). I must warn that anytime your neighbors run water or open a door, your going to hear it. I'm very sensitive to smells and found none other than cleaning agents in the hallway and room. Our balcony did have its outside light burnt out, but we were thankful, so that it didn't attract bugs and allowed us a better view. We did not find a channel guide in our room, which was a little aggravating. The complimentary breakfast had red apples, granny smith apples, bananas, cereal, gravy and biscuit (which had no flavor), waffles, orange juice, apple juice and coffee. The breakfast is located on the third floor and available from 7 to 10. Not alot of seating though. In the lobby, in the late afternoon you will find fresh baked cookies. The hotel is backed up to a stream, which offers pleasant sounds, I sat on the balcony from 3am to 6am, just to take it in (I'm a night owl).....But warning....the run down family inn behind it does distract to some degree. While it is vacant.....it still is an eyesore to some degree. I focused and listened to the running creek....so my mind was distracted. You are a few doors down from Bennett's BBQ (which I will eventually review) and across the street from SugarLand Winery and then KFC is catty cornered... (avoid their bathroom its awful/nasty). All the staff at Bearskin Lodge were friendly and helpful to us. The lazy river (which was closed due to the season) was tiny....so that would only entertain the kids for a few minutes. The pool looked slightly larger than a jacuzzi.....after a couple of rooms, it would be filled to capacity. The outdoor fire pits were located between the lazy river and small pool. We never saw them lit while we were there. Would we stay there again? Yes. It was very clean (thanks to Jackie!) We loved the fireplace in our room and the rooms were larger than most.

Room Tip: We didn't visit any fitness center and/or restaurant.
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

For our anniversary, my husband and I spent two nights in a cabin on a mountaintop at the resort where we were married but we also wanted to spend one night downtown, so we chose the Bearskin Lodge for our last night. I love the location, it's downtown but not right in the middle of the noise (I tend to like quietness when I'm trying to sleep). You can walk really easily to the heart of the action.

They were sold out of king beds but I waited until a few days before our arrival to book the room, so that was totally understandable, so we got a room with two queens. I also chose a city view which we both enjoyed. I liked breakfast....lots of options. I got waffles and biscuits and my husband got fruit and waffles. There was also cereal and some other things.

Front desk guys were very nice to us, as was the other staff we encountered in the halls. Our room was super clean, as was the bathroom. If we were going to be staying longer I would have chosen a fireplace and balcony but for one night I didn't figure we'd need it.

The last thing is, that bed was the most comfy thing EVER. My bed at home is not even that comfortable, I slept so good!!!! Thanks for a great time, I would stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bearskin Lodge on the River Hotel? Share your experiences!