My husband and I spent two nights. Our room was a king size room with 2 person whirlpool tub, fireplace, & a balcony overlooking the creek. The room was an average hotel room, but it was clean and we did enjoy the balcony to relax on, however you could not turn out the balcony light (which was a little annoying). The bathroom is very very very small and there was not a closet. We felt a little uneasy just leaving our bags out while we were gone. The beds slept well.
The hotel is nice. They do offer a continental breakfast, but we were not impressed so we ventured out for breakfast. The elevators are extremely slow. The pool area is nice, but the actual pool is small and the other pool area with tubes is also small. The staff was extremely nice and very helpful. The staff is the reason I gave this hotel a 4.
The hotel is on the end of Gatlinburg towards the park. The plus to this is: It is the quieter end & the con to this is: it is a long walk up and down the Gatlinburg strip especially if you make any purchases while you are out.
- Also Known As:
- Bearskin Lodge Gatlinburg
- Bearskin Hotel On The River
- Bearskin Lodge On The River
- Bearskin Lodge Gatlinburg Tennessee
- Bearskin Lodge On The River Gatlinburg Tn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crafted of mountain stone and massive logs our lodge will take you back to a time of lodging in Gatlinburg's grand tradition. We're located on a mountain stream, just a short walk away from the National Park and next to fine dining in downtown Gatlinburg. We offer all the latest amenities, like a lazy river, free garage parking, continental breakfast and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Bearskin Lodge on the River Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.