This place uses a lot of their terms for amenities very loosely. The pool is extremely small, the lazy river is more like an outline of a pool with concrete in the middle, and "on the river" is looking at the small shallow part of the creek that runs through town directly across from some other ugly building. I can see beer cans and lost sandals on the other side of the fence from my balcony. The people on the floor below me are constantly smoking and it funnels right up to our door.
Upon checking in we gave the clerk our debit card which was denied. She slid the card back across the counter and told my wife that "apparently you spent too much because it was denied." We obviously would not have came from Indiana with no money. We paid cash and the next day decided we didn't want to be here any longer and cut 2 days off our stay. And after calling our bank they told us the card was denied due to the large amount and being out of state, so.... I don't appreciate a hotel clerk giving me financial advice when I make more than she does. And the breakfast is, eh.....
On the upside this place is quiet, within walking distance of a lot of places we like and the fireplace feature was cool. And it has decent shower heads, which is hard to find it seems like. But, we skipped out on this place 2 days early to go stay in Nashville so I wouldn't recommend it. I will take satisfaction in knowing I was finally able to get their wifi to work so I could write this review though.
- Also Known As:
- Bearskin Lodge Gatlinburg
- Bearskin Hotel On The River
- Bearskin Lodge On The River
- Bearskin Lodge Gatlinburg Tennessee
- Bearskin Lodge On The River Gatlinburg Tn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crafted of mountain stone and massive logs our lodge will take you back to a time of lodging in Gatlinburg's grand tradition. We're located on a mountain stream, just a short walk away from the National Park and next to fine dining in downtown Gatlinburg. We offer all the latest amenities, like a lazy river, free garage parking, continental breakfast and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Expedia so you can book your Bearskin Lodge on the River Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.