“A definite must stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 86 hotels in Gatlinburg
la vergne, tn
“A definite must stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Bearskin Lodge this weekend and it left such an impression that I am writing my 1st ever hotel review. My room was clean and spacious. I didn't hear a peep from any other rooms. The bed was so comfortable and the whirlpool tub was huge! All of that was great, but best of all, they are very trustworthy. I left my diamond engagement ring in my room and the housekeeper turned it into the front desk. I will most definitely return next time I'm in Gainburg !!

• Stayed April 2013

581 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Very nice really enjoyed our stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast could use some yogurt and boiled eggs. The heated pool and fire pit area were fantastic. We will be back and will recommened this place to all our friend's.

• Stayed April 2013
Greenwood, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our spring getaway for 3 nights. Our room at the Bearskin Lodge was very clean and spacious. Our room was street side with hot tub and fireplace and on the 5th floor. At check-in we were offered a choice of the 3rd or 5th floor, which I thought was very considerate because I like the higher floors and most of the time it is not offered you have to ask. The breakfast was a sufficient "continental" breakfast. If you want a "DELUXE" breakfast, it is not, but we were very pleased. The breakfast area was very clean but on the small size, but we always tried to get there early before the regular gathering time. We are early birds anyway. We will definitely return to this hotel, because of the cleanliness and friendliness. Our first priority for a hotel is to be clean.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Maplesville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is a beautiful property. The staff were very welcoming and friendly. Clean room, comfortable bed, nice balcony. The only downside to the hotel is the size of the breakfast room and the breakfast itself. It really left a lot to be desired, so we had to go out for breakfast each morning. Other than that we had a great stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Batesville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

My wife and I travelled to Gburg with her parents and we wanted to stay close to the strip. We settled on this hotel even though there were some bad reviews.
Glad we did! We chose the King on the river with jacuzzi and fireplace. The room was very spacious and had been updated recently. The fireplace in the corner is a very nice touch. I did not care for the 30 minute timer that they placed on it but i do understand why it is on there. It actually will warm the room very well. We thought the bed was quite comfortable and slept nicely. I think the TV would be better mounted on the wall up a bit higher. There are plenty of chairs available to use in the room too.
The balcony is small but nice. There was plenty of room for us to sit out and listen to the river run. The hotel across the river will become an issue at some point I'm sure but it did not bother us or our stay.
The breakfast is the typical continental type you will find in hotels. It was good and sure beat leaving to pay for a busy restaurant. They had some fruit too.
Location was great. It is one road off the main strip so you can leave your car and walk everywhere!
Try it...I think you will be glad you did.

• Stayed March 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

At the very end of "the strip" in Gatlinburg, you'll find the mountainesque Bearskin Lodge located on the river. The winter rates are a bargain. We go for several days in February for our anniversary. Though the lobby is small, the photo ops are plentiful. Many rooms have in-room whirlpool tubs and fireplaces-cozy, & relaxing. The rooms are nice, always clean, & spacious. Breakfast is included. You can walk next door to the Peddler Steakhouse-not to be missed.
Looking forward to our trip next year!

• Stayed February 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We wanted to do a mini vacation and chose Gatlinburg. I always look at TA before choosing a hotel and this one was #22. The upside...it was clean, a great price and very convenient for walking around town, a little off the main drag, which was great. The downside...service was awful; we had a corner room overlooking the river that also was in direct view of a "Family" hotel sign and hotel that was closed down; and the breakfast area was overcrowded and a cramped little room. The video on the site had to be done by a master to make that place look bigger and much more amazing than real life. There was absolutely no place to sit and relax when you weren't in your room.

Room Tip: If you like the sound/view of water, ask for a room overlooking the river that does not also have a...