“RIP OFF!! HORRIBLE WASTE OF $$$” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #41 of 48 Attractions in Gatlinburg
Type: Specialty Museums, Museums
More attraction details
Owner description: See the Amazing Book come to Life through incredible displays, cool interactive games, trivia, themed galleries and video! Hundreds of Unbelievable Exhibits! Enjoy World Records from the amazing groups of Sports, Space, Animals, Food, Human Achievement and many more! Featured Memorabilia of Famous Record Holders including Elvis, Beatles, Michael Jordan, Michael Jackson and MUCH More!
shannijones
21 attraction reviews
“RIP OFF!! HORRIBLE WASTE OF $$$”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Gosh I wish I had read the reviews here before wasting $$ on tickets to enter the junk heap. The outside of the building with the worlds smallest car and biggest ball of rubber bands led one to believe there was more of the same inside - WRONG! I won't waste my time telling all that wasn't in there but my idea of an attraction needed to be more visual. What was there must have been 30yrs old at least. There were pages from the book on the wall... well if I wanted to read I would have bought the book. I think for our family of 4 (plus a free 3yr old which they just changed policy and wanted to charge us for him but gave us a free tix) it was $30+ Just don't do it. Go to Pigeon Forge and ride go karts at least you get a thrill for your money. Or go see the Titanic which was extremely well done and shocking for Pigeon Forge.

Visited October 2012

4 attraction reviews
“Pretty disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

This was our first time going through this attraction. Needless to say it was not what we were expecting. We thought it would be somewhat like Ripleys believe it or not. It's nothing like that, it was pretty boring. It just seemed like we walked through, read a book and it was over. Disappointing.

12 attraction reviews
“Wish I hadn't wasted my tickets on this place!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife, son, and I stopped by this place earlier today while on a weekend vacation to Gatlinburg. We purchased tickets for the Aquarium plus 2 Ripley's attractions of our choice. I'm a fan of the Guinness Book of World Records and thought it would be a nice choice but boy was I wrong!

The place looks like it hasn't been updated since it was constructed... something with new, updated records would be a nice addition. Everything inside the place looked dated and smelled musty. There were a couple of slightly entertaining area's within the 'attraction' but hardly worth the ticket price to get in. The coolest part for me was the block breaking 'game' where you press a button, count down from 3 and then hit the pad as hard as you can. Afterwards, a shot of you hitting the pad is shown as well as the number of blocks that you broke. I was pretty entertained when I found that I 'broke' 16 blocks, breaking the previously high score of the day which was 11. I can see that being fun for a group of people with a competitive streak in them.

Maybe I'm just being too hard on the place but I just couldn't find a lot of enjoyment in there and I'm the type of geek who loved to read the Guinness Book of World Record books while growing up. My nearly 3 y/o son was hardly entertained but maybe the next up age group would find it entertaining.

Also, at the beginning there's a spot where you can take a photo of yourself and then 'stretch' you cheeks or pull your lip over your head and then have the photo's emailed to you. Each of us in my family took a photo and entered our e-mail address' to have the pics emailed to us, neither of us have received a photo from the booth so I'm not sure if it's some type of odd way for them to obtain our email addy for marketing purposes or if the machine was just broken... I would assume it's the latter. The dinosaur exhibit was a bit comical as one of the claws on the left hand of the dinosaur was broken off and placed on its back. Seems like the crew could have just glued the piece back on for display purposes rather than putting it in the odd place? The display is sealed so I'm assuming that it was placed there by an employee.

Either way, if you're really bored with money to burn then this may be the place for you to stop by. My wife is generally less critical than I of places that we visit but even she said as we walked out the entrance that this place should be in the Book of World Records for Worst Attraction lol :D.

Visited October 2012
“Horrible waste of time.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

I went here with my family and it was a complete waste of time. Half the rooms were empty or looked unfinished. Exhibits were broken and falling apart. It was dirty and boring. Do not go here!

Knoxville, Tennessee
5 attraction reviews
“Must see”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Another attraction that's a must see when in Gatlingburg. It's a history lesson that's fun as well. I couldn't believe all of the things that there was too see. Make sure that you have on your walking shoes. It takes time to see all that's in this Museum.

Visited September 2012