Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort
Date: July 13,2005
Reviewer: A TripAdvisor Member Adrian, Mi.
Oh where to began! We checked in on a Sunday & we had a charge on our account already, our payment was due that day & the manager would not let us check-in until we agreed to put it on our credit card & it would be taken off when it came thru, that done we cot checke-in. We were taken to our cabin a 1 bedroom "Deluxe" what a dissapointment, that is not what we bought into. We were to have a unit at the lodge that is what we were shown when we bought. The customer service rep who took us to our unit said that they were full & could not give us something else. Our unit was way up on the hill(3rd from the end) on the 3rd floor with no elevator. When we got in there it was dark & small the guy told us everything was ready & set up a day for the meeting that they have everytine you stay. He left & we were getting settled & my husband & step-son had brought everything up the steps. I started to look around & was getting more upset by the minute. That unit had the worst stocked kitchen I have ever seen. No bowl w/ a lid, no dish cloth, one dish towel, no sos pad. now to the bathroom no hand soap plenty of towels for a few days, which were to be exchanged for clean ones on Thursday. We finally went to be & the top sheet was to short for the bed.
On thursday when our clean towels should have been there they never came. A lady stopped by to see how everything was (3pm) & we told her we still needed towel she said it will be taken care of-Yea right. Friday we called four times & finallu the last time I told the lady that we needen towels so that we could shower & in about 20 minutes we had them. I tried calling our so called customed service rep & all I gat was his voice mail & he never did return our calls.
At our meeting on Thur. we told the rep what was wrong & he told us we should have called for the things we wanted & I told him that we should not have to call when we were told the unit was ready.
The worst thing was the noise. We could hear the road nois in our unit with the doors closed!! We told the rep & he said "oh really Iam sorry"
Westgate is doing so much building around there & it is very congested, they are putting in a water park that should be fun. We were also told how to request a lodge unit next time at our meeting. We will give Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort one more try & if it doesn't improve we will be going somwhere else. Think twice before buying there!!
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Smoky Mountain Hotel Gatlinburg
- Westgate Smoky Mountain Hotel
- Westgate Smoky Mountain Gatlinburg
- Westgate Resort Gatlinburg
- Westgate Resort Tennessee
- Westgate Tennessee
- Westgate Smokey Mountain Resort
- Gatlinburg Westgate
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westgate Smoky Mountain resort in Gatlinburg, Tennessee is the perfect place to enjoy the beauty of nature, and a short drive to Dollywood, antique shops, and restaurants. Enjoy nature trails that take you from your cabin into the wooded forest of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Suite villas feature a fully equipped kitchen, and whirlpool tub in the master bathroom. Guests can enjoy two large swimming pools and an indoor water park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Amex, AAA Travel Services, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Olotels, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.