“This resort gets better and better!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
15% off Room Rate
Ranked #21 of 87 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Knoxville, Tennessee
“This resort gets better and better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We have been coming to this resort for 10 years and it gets better and better with each visit. About four years ago, we bought a two bedroom and this year upgraded to a three bedroom unit. We can't say enough about the amenities and if you have children the WATER PARK is worth the stay! If you Own or just renting while visiting, you will probably love this resort! Our rooms were well maintained and when we needed a pack an play because guest wanted to spend the night, it was set up within an hour. At check in we were offered cider, hot chocolate and popcorn. The owner BBQ is fun and filling plus.... free! Stay and you may buy here if offered the opportunity.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (492)
Bozeman, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

164.00 for a special deal with a 90 min time share presentation that actually lasted 240 min!! Showed up to a room with stains on carpet, wallpaper peeling, one stove burner not working, and my favorite, a fridge that is ice burned and does not cool. Yea!!! Not an investment I would consider, nor a place I will stay again.

Stayed December 2014
Rogersville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I am owner at Westgate Smokie Mountain and love it!! I went for a VIP owner Event and had a great time! There's just something about being in the Smokes at Christmas time that puts me in my " Happy Place". Great accommodations and friendly staff. I have never been pressured into a sale as others have stated, but as long as you show interest, they are going to try and find something that will work for you. If you are just there for the special pricing on the Mini-Vacation and are not interested in the sales presentation, set your timer for 90 min. and when if goes off, tell them you have fulfilled your obligation and make your exit. I only have good things to say about my home resort and I love my personal concierge, Christy MaGaha, she is GREAT!!! So give them a try, if you're not satisfied........well then, you must be pretty hard to please. I can't wait until my next visit!!!!!!
Vicki Bennett

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Columbus, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed last weekend. The studio was larger than the average hotel room with two beds so we were pleased. It had a couch and full fridge and space to move around in. Our room appeared to be clean. For what we needed, which was a clean, reasonably priced place to sleep in Gatlinburg (got it for $90/night), I would stay again.

Now for why I only gave it three stars. The walls were super thin. We could hear everything from our neighbors (fortunately I travel with ear plugs) and smell their bacon when they made breakfast. We were at the resort with friends. They got a larger room that was not clean. They had dirty sheets AND towels. Gross. We think an employee claimed he/she cleaned the room but didn't. The staff seemed confused about why our friends were staying in that particular room, so maybe they didn't expect it to be occupied yet.

Final thought: I'd give it another try IF I could get it for that price again.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Good location.
Good cabin to stay.
Staff was friendly.

upper floors was noisy.
Pool fee was not include hotel fee.
We had a bath,but after bathing we could not use shower.
Hot water didn't come enough.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Salisbury, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We have owned at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort since 2000. We love the place and the area. We go there once a year and, occasionally, twice a year. We had friends with uS and they absolutely loved it. The Chritmas shows were wonderful.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice and easily located. All staff members are friendly and very accommodating and th...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Had a 3 night 4 day stay. The day before our departure (saturday) we had purchased tickets for a full day of activities and events. Due to the "90 min" sales pitch we sat through that turned into 6hrs....we were out more money than we saved. I was extremely sick. Running a fever and even had a nose bleed. If I went back to the room, I would be out even more money bc we wouldn't get our discount on the room. We would be charged full price. I read the fine print. Definitely not worth it. I will say, the room was nice and the staff was amazing. I felt very safe and everyone was very friendly. The resort would sell itself. I will never in my life sit through another simanar/sales pitch.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. When taking a vacation package you are required to take our 90 minute presentation in exchange for lower rates. Please keep in mind sometimes these tours can run longer than expected. However, you are not required to stay longer than 90 minutes to be honored the lower rates. It does please us that your room was nice and that our staff was amazing. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you back very soon.

Allie

Been to Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!