Bad: Check in was the worst that I have ever experienced. First, the messed up our reservation. We were traveling with another couple and their two kids and they had us booked for a villa when we had reserved a two-bedroom cabin. We waited two hours before it was settled. With four kids under the age of 8 they made us wait after 9 hours of traveling. For our troubles we were comped with week passes to the water park. A nice gesture but we weren't going to do that every day. I also think the water park is overrated and it got a little boring the second time around. Next was the gym. When I first went to the gym two treadmills were out of order and the third treadmill died when I was on it Tuesday. I was told that they would get to it by the end of the day. My last day they still weren't fixed. Lastly, the van service around the resort left you waiting often. I almost forgot, the WiFi was a joke. You pay $40 for one device, and it was weak. They seriously need to update this service.
With that said, now the good.
Good: The location, nestled between Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg you can't find a better location for a resort. Loved waking up to mountains in every location. I also thought thr rooms were spacious and it was enough room with 8 people. Aside from the mix up and the front desk service, I think the service around the resort was great. They were all friendly and offered a wave, also the guards were very nice. Our concierge, Dan, was very sympathetic to our initial issues and kept in contact throughout the week. Thank you Dan!
I thought as the week went on it got better. I would give this place one more try and I now know to check with the place prior to my arrival.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Smoky Mountain Hotel Gatlinburg
- Westgate Smoky Mountain Hotel
- Westgate Smoky Mountain Gatlinburg
- Westgate Resort Gatlinburg
- Westgate Resort Tennessee
- Westgate Tennessee
- Westgate Smokey Mountain Resort
- Gatlinburg Westgate
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westgate Smoky Mountain resort in Gatlinburg, Tennessee is the perfect place to enjoy the beauty of nature, and a short drive to Dollywood, antique shops, and restaurants. Enjoy nature trails that take you from your cabin into the wooded forest of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Suite villas feature a fully equipped kitchen, and whirlpool tub in the master bathroom. Guests can enjoy two large swimming pools and an indoor water park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Tingo, Venere, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.