“Disapponinting” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 87 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Disapponinting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Lets start with check in .Did not appreciate being called baby the whole time .Also didn't like the sales pressure as soon as we arrived. We just traveled 10 hours needed to unwind. The Villa was beautiful .Except for the wet towels left in the dryer. Buildings noise level was to loud for my likings. Had to check out a day early my husband got extremely sick .They wouldn't refund or discount our bill. Then as were leaving someone is cleaning pool area and throws a bucket of water on our car as we drive by. And being on top of the mountain was a real inconvience .You could just watch your gas drop as we climbed it.Would not return .They make it out like you get this great service and its not there once you check in .Don't waste your time. And talking with some of the owners we got the real picture .

Room Tip: Wouldn't know our building was just loud kids,young adults yelling .Walls are paper thin yo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for your review. We strive to provide an exceptional vacation experience that exceeds guest’s expectations and we apologize that we fell short. We will certainly share your review with our staff, as we are always looking for areas to improve. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (491)
Waverly Hall, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I love my home away from home! We have been owners for 4 years and went from a one bedroom in the cabins to a 2 bedroom in the 3000 building. We are able to wake up each morning with a marvelous view of the Smoky Mountains and Mt. LeConte especially and end the evening with watching fireworks from Dollywood and one evening observing the wildlife (AKA Black Bear) from our balcony. It is a wonderful experience for the grandchildren who couldn't stay away from Wild Bear Falls, the largest indoor water park in the Southeast. They also enjoyed one of the two pools and the arcade. A new addition was the ice cream "truck" with basic, but good flavors available. The resort provides transportation within the grounds and a stop to take a trolly into Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Cherokee, NC or elsewhere. Love that I don't have to drive where I want to go and save my frustration AND money!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
We are so happy you enjoyed so many things about Westgate Smoky Mountain! We appreciate your review, thanks for sharing your story. We are glad that you and your family were able to enjoy the indoor water park and our latest addition to the resort, the “ice cream truck”. Your family was able to witness our wildlife, which is very rare and amazing! We would be honored if you would come back and see us soon!
Somerset, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is our first visit to Westgate Smokey Mountain Resort. I am truly amazed at this resort. It is clean, comfortable, safe and fun. The staff responds to your needs, and goes above and beyond for guest enjoyment and comfort. The pool areas are clean, plenty of towels and lifeguards. My daughter loved the water park. There were plenty of activities on the resort itself that a family would not have to leave and spend a lot of money anywhere else. The resort is close to Pigeon Forge if you want to have dinner, take a bus tour, see a show, etc. I hope to be able to come back soon!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are so happy that you had a great time. All of our staff is there to make you feel comfortable and we strive for our staff to be very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. We are thrilled you were able to take advantage of our pools and waterpark. We really look forward to you and your family staying with us again in the future!
Miami Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

When I saw the pics online I thought the resort was gorgeous... It was nice but different than I expected. I thought as guests we would have access to the water park (we would've had to pay regular price if we went)... the pools were crowded. The walls are thin so we could hear parents screaming at their children. Overall I think the resort is average and slightly overpriced.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your feedback. It was our delight to have you stay us. We understand you had some concerns during your stay. Guest feedback is vital, so that we can provide the best service we can. We would hope that you will return to our resort to allow us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

"Setting the wrong expectations" Our stay should have been for 7 days (Sat thru Sat) and ended up being 2. We should have gotten a 1 bedroom but ended up with a studio. The bed was pushed up against the wall. The night stand was pushed up against the bed and the sleeper sofa was pushed up against the night stand leaving very little room to move around. The unit was not as clean as other Westgate resorts I've visited. During check in we were told another room would be provided on Monday and to be packed and ready to go by 12:30 pm. Rep called at 12:00 to confirm. We had already packed as told. Rep arrived only to inform that we would not be moving to a larger unit. Long story short, A MESS!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. All of our staff is there to provide you with a customer service experience unlike any other. The experience that you have shared in your review falls far below the standards that we have set for our staff to follow. We sincerely thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will visit us again in the future, giving us the opportunity to provide you with a wonderful vacation experience.
fll
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Great place for young children-activities and indoor waterpark were good. I stayed in the 4000 bldg. and it was lovely. Good if you desire more quiet higher up the mountain. Saw the firworks from our balcony.

Room Tip: If you have issues with noise go on top of the mountain.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We are so happy to know that you had a great time and your vacation was everything you wanted. It is good to know that you and your family were able to enjoy the fireworks from the balcony. We really appreciate you and we certainly look forward to your next stay with us.
Decatur, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We arrived on a Saturday to stay for a week. This trip had several negatives. Let me start with at check in we were told if we would like maid service in our room we would need to request it and be expected to stay out of room for at least an hour and half. We decided to just call when in need for clean towels when needed and the service was very prompt; however, when requesting clean sheets directly at the front desk at 10 AM and arriving back at our room at 11 PM with no clean sheets in sight. I then waited another 30 minutes for someone to bring them. The carpet must never get cleaned. My sons gray socks were black in a matter of minutes. The bathroom was disgusting. The toilet seat looked old and all scratched up I had to clean it myself before I could trust it was sanitary for use. I have seen amusement parks with cleaner toilets seats. The Jacuzzi tub was just as old and dinging I placed a towel in the bottom just to take a shower. The shower pressure sucked. But on a different note the toilet flush could take your arm off. You could totally hear the neighbors bathroom habits because the flush was so loud. The dust in the room was outrageous. The doors to the balcony were unsafe. The cable selection sucked. I've had better cable access in a casino hotel room. Mid week the cleaning staff entered our cabin with out our knowing several valuable items were left out. By mid week of misery I was in need of a Spa treatment. Soooo I decided to try the spa out when booking my facial I asked the woman if my particular desired facial included steam and I was advised yes. Lets just say I never felt a bit of steam on my face after the 50 min. facial. I totally disagree with the mandatory 20% tip included. If the technician does a great job I always tip way more than needed. I just hate when a facility mandates a percentage the employee misses out for the company's poor choices. The kids tried out the play room what a bust for the amount of money. Take your money and go to town. You will definitely get more for your money. The pools were as they said warm. The resort is advertised as a full kitchen which really should say plates, bowls, and cups only you can totally count out the cooking utensils and pans. I felt like for the price this place is a crap hole.

Room Tip: I would pick another resort. Do not waste your money or time.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the issues you experienced and for any inconvenience they may have caused. Your review will be shared with management including the housekeeping and maintenance departments. All of our staff is there to provide you with a customer service experience unlike any other. The experience that you have shared in your review falls far below the standards that we have set for our staff to follow. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Been to Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!