“Wonderful Resort” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 86 hotels in Gatlinburg
Seffner
“Wonderful Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed from 4/12 through 4/20/13 in a 2/2 on the top of the mountain near "the bears" and absolutely loved it. The cabin was great. A stream ran along the back of the cabin by the bedrooms and back porch and was awesome to hear, especially in the morning when the birds started singing. The resort is located between Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg so trips to either area were very convenient. We enjoyed it so much, we have already booked our return trip for next year.

P.S. We didn't see any bears the entire week we were there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are extremely please to read that you had a great stay, we look forward to seeing you in the future.

1,460 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We rented three places and were up near the top of the mountain. Shuttle service took us down and came around about every twenty minutes. There was also shuttle service for 50 cents each on the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge shuttle. That one left from the front of the resort and from the visitors center across the highway. Two of my daughters and their families came up from Florida and We came down from Indiana meeting halfway. We planned our meals ahead and communicated over the internet; each family bought supplies and cooked meals for two days out of the seven we were there. We alternated days and had a wide variety of delicious meals. All of the needed cooking utensils were furnished and when we ran out of some things due to a problem with the dishwasher, they brought a truck loaded with pots, pans and dishes and gave us enough to serve until the dishwasher was fixed. We stayed over the spring break week for our kids and the place was booked up. The noise level in the rooms was high as we could hear the family above us through the ceiling. The couple below us had the same problem with noise from our group. Service was excellent. When we had a problem, we just called the front desk and within 10 or 15 minutes we had someone up to take care of the problem. Those problems included the dishwasher coming loose from the mountings, a broken drawer in our bedroom, a light not working under one microwave, and my son locking our bedroom door and shutting it as he walked back into the living room. We had security up to reprogram one key card and open the bedroom door so we could go to bed. They were up within ten minutes of our call. We took lot of pictures of a mama bear and three cubs right outside our rooms to the back down the mountain. Our views were spectacular of the mountain, Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge below us. We took advantage of the indoor water park and the daily crafts. We were too busy to attend the nightly shows. Everyone got to spend lots of quality time together as we cooked, dined and played together. We got discount tickets to the Aquarium and took the shuttle downtown to avoid traffic and parking in Gatlinburg. Each family returned on their own as each had different interests after our outing. We spent time shopping at the outlet mall and in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. We also traveled the Artists 8 mile loop and bought some items from local artisans.
I would recommend this resort for families. There is lots to do on site and a restaurant on site has good food. Take advantage of the programs and the discount tickets available. Park your car and use the free shuttles. The water park is a highlight both winter and summer. You can drive your car to the surrounding attrations including the National Park and Cherokee over the mountain. In summer, don't miss the Unto These Hills performance at Cherokee each night. It is moving and memorable. There are also plenty of shows including the Dixie Stampede which is a dinner theater performance with live animals and great lighting and participation by the audience. Do as much or as little as you want and have a great vacation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are so happy that you had a great time. All of our staff is there to make you feel comfortable and we strive for our staff to be very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. We are thrilled you were able to take advantage of our great location and enjoy our resort amenities. We truly look forward to exceeding your expectations again in the future!
Cincinnati, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We typically don't stay at resorts as we are rarely in our room except to sleep. But, being 7 1/2 months pregnant on this trip, we opted to stay here since there were restaurants and a spa onsite and figured we'd spend more time in our room than we typically would. We booked a studio, which is compact but perfect for two people. It was clean and comfortable...nothing special. We checked in late and really just wanted to go to bed, so we weren't prepared for the lengthy checkin, golf cart escort to our room or the amenities spiel by the attendant who took us up there, but it wasn't a huge deal. Just something to keep in mind. My only complaint about the room itself is that we could hear the doors slam in the room next to us. Not sure if that's an insulation problem or the people were just particularly loud. I had a prenatal massage at the spa, which was nice. It seemed small but it was very professional and calming. We ate dinner one night at the Smokehouse Grill and this was my only true complaint. We arrived at 8:45, a full hour and 15 minutes before closing and the staff seemed like they were put out by everyone being there. The food wasn't great--not sure if that was because we were in late--but it was pretty disappointing. I have to point out that we didn't complain because we really aren't the type so we didn't give them the chance to fix it...but it really was not worth the money. All in all, I think this is a good value but if you are looking for something more upscale you may want to look somewhere else. I will point out that you are located very close to the park and it's only a 5 minute drive to Gatlinburg so you can't beat the location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that your overall stay was satisfactory and it was to your comfort. We are sorry to read that the restaurant failed to meet your expectations, we will be sure to address the noted issues with proper management. We hope you give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Albany, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Let me start out by saying that I had not read any reviews prior to booking this location. After booking I read the reviews and was second guessing my decision. However we continued with the reservation. I can tell you that we really enjoyed ourselves at Westgate. It was my wife's birthday and I set her up for the 1/2 day spa treatment - she loved it! 3 hours of pampering and according to her the facial was the best she's received. Now for the rest of the story, we got a top floor room, very nice, everything worked and it was quiet - the king bed was awesome. We only spent the weekend so we didn't use the washer and dryer, heated pool or grills that were set outside. Staff were very polite, the concierge was nice and did not pressure us about the timeshare or vacation plans, only mentioned them. We had an issue with the restaurant, new server but the manager was on the spot and corrected the issue, Very nice stay. No elevators in the living quarters so be ready to climb some stairs!!

Room Tip: If you don't like to climb stairs choose a bottom floor, ask for a room close to the restaurant!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to review Westgate Smoky Mountains Resort & Spa. We're delighted to read that you and your wife really enjoyed yourselves here. Serenity Spa is a great way to relax and unwind. It would be our pleasure to have you as our guests again!
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was our final stop on our road trip of Tennessee, checked in with no problems however there wasn't a conceirge to show us to our apartment so we were given directions by what appeared to be 80yr old member of staff, who spoke so quietly we gave up listening. On eventual arrival at our room though, it was superb, great two bedroom place, very clean facing the mountains. The situation of the resort if great for Pigeon Forge. I think next time i'd stay in Pigeon Forge though, you're very limited to rely on the shuttle buses and they seem to go so slow that its painful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. We're glad that check in went smoothly for you, and you found the room to be "superb" and clean. Most of our condos have full kitchens, dining areas and living rooms, so it's like home away from home. If you prefer not to drive, there is the shuttle that will bring you into Gatlinburg and back. It is our wish to have the opportunity again to serve you!
TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We had bought the one week stay because we had stayed a weekend there. It was very nice...
WELL - what you see is NOT what you get..I was to get a 3 bedroom with the jetted tub - HA HA HA. We are up in the nose bleed section, with no bus service!...The rooms all had MOLD, Dirt, HAIR and dirt so bad I had to take a knife to get it out of the corner of the bathroom! Bed spreads had spots on them, the blinds were broken, the carpets dirty, the tile in the bathroom was crooked and miss matched with the grout falling out. Wall paper pealing! It was so bad my daughter who got there first called me and told me to go home I was going to be mad! We call the minute we got there and were told if we wanted it cleaned it would be $85! WHAT!!??? It wasn't clean when we checked in!!! They would be there Wed to clean. I am just glad there is washer and dryers in units! So for my vacation I got to wash my sheets and bath towels! How fun is that? By Wed I was so discussed, I tried again to get the General Manager....NOT ONCE did anyone come take a look at my 3 bedroom unit. NOT ONCE. I was and executive manager at one of the best resorts in Aspen, I am telling you FIRST there would not have been and issue, and TWO if there was one "I" would been at their door before they hung up! They send me two Maintenance Men!!!!! OH MY GOD are you joking???? So I walked them trough every step of cleaning the place. Finally the Gen manger calls me. Doesn't come to see me, but calls...He can't understand why I am upset....Filth will do that to me! I ask him where his house keeping staff is? They don't have one, it's all farmed out! Well there is the BIGGEST problem....No one is there to have pride in their work. It's all day labor!!! When you don't have to be held accountable for your work...why do a good job? So they give me a gift cert to their restaurant...food was just passing...for an Premier Property! HA!! I told the waitress she could have what was left on the gift cert and she said they wouldn't let them have it for a tip! WHAT!!! At the very lest they should have refunded us our $3,000 or given a a new room, or another stay AFTER they cleaned it up!
Then to top it off they Make me take a tour of the new parts! Or they Crazy! Let's just say it was the fastest tour they ever gave!
OK now the water park was fun and clean and the SPA was WONDERFULL!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. Your comments are greatly appreciated, as we are always researching areas to improve upon in order to provide our guests with the quality vacation experience they seek when choosing to stay with us. Please accept our sincerest apologies that you were dissatisfied with your stay. We are glad, however, that you enjoyed your time at the water park and our spa. Thank you so much for your review and time.
Lawrenceville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We truly enjoyed our time here. My wife & my 14 year old son both said "I had outdone myself!" We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa. The view from our room was amazing as were the amenities i.e. flat screen TV, granite countertops in a full sized kitchen, a furnished balcony & a full sized Jacuzzi. My daughters ages 4 & 6 had ample room on the sleeper sofa in the main room with the kitchen. My son's room included a very nice full sized bed & pull out sleeper sofa as well as a kitchenette & his own bathroom.The 2 bedroom villa could have easily accommodated 7 people. In the future I may sublease(LOL). The indoor waterpark was amazing! It was nice & warm inside while the temperature was in the mid 50's. We will certainly make the Westgate Resort our next Spring Break destination.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
We are beyond thrilled when our guests have a fantastic experience with us here at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort! Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay, it only makes us get even better. It’s great to hear you took part in many of our unique amenities. Sounds like we will be seeing you and your family again soon!

Been to Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!