“Don't believe everything you read!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #21 of 87 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Albany, Georgia
“Don't believe everything you read!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Let me start out by saying that I had not read any reviews prior to booking this location. After booking I read the reviews and was second guessing my decision. However we continued with the reservation. I can tell you that we really enjoyed ourselves at Westgate. It was my wife's birthday and I set her up for the 1/2 day spa treatment - she loved it! 3 hours of pampering and according to her the facial was the best she's received. Now for the rest of the story, we got a top floor room, very nice, everything worked and it was quiet - the king bed was awesome. We only spent the weekend so we didn't use the washer and dryer, heated pool or grills that were set outside. Staff were very polite, the concierge was nice and did not pressure us about the timeshare or vacation plans, only mentioned them. We had an issue with the restaurant, new server but the manager was on the spot and corrected the issue, Very nice stay. No elevators in the living quarters so be ready to climb some stairs!!

Room Tip: If you don't like to climb stairs choose a bottom floor, ask for a room close to the restaurant!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to review Westgate Smoky Mountains Resort & Spa. We're delighted to read that you and your wife really enjoyed yourselves here. Serenity Spa is a great way to relax and unwind. It would be our pleasure to have you as our guests again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was our final stop on our road trip of Tennessee, checked in with no problems however there wasn't a conceirge to show us to our apartment so we were given directions by what appeared to be 80yr old member of staff, who spoke so quietly we gave up listening. On eventual arrival at our room though, it was superb, great two bedroom place, very clean facing the mountains. The situation of the resort if great for Pigeon Forge. I think next time i'd stay in Pigeon Forge though, you're very limited to rely on the shuttle buses and they seem to go so slow that its painful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. We're glad that check in went smoothly for you, and you found the room to be "superb" and clean. Most of our condos have full kitchens, dining areas and living rooms, so it's like home away from home. If you prefer not to drive, there is the shuttle that will bring you into Gatlinburg and back. It is our wish to have the opportunity again to serve you!
TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We had bought the one week stay because we had stayed a weekend there. It was very nice...
WELL - what you see is NOT what you get..I was to get a 3 bedroom with the jetted tub - HA HA HA. We are up in the nose bleed section, with no bus service!...The rooms all had MOLD, Dirt, HAIR and dirt so bad I had to take a knife to get it out of the corner of the bathroom! Bed spreads had spots on them, the blinds were broken, the carpets dirty, the tile in the bathroom was crooked and miss matched with the grout falling out. Wall paper pealing! It was so bad my daughter who got there first called me and told me to go home I was going to be mad! We call the minute we got there and were told if we wanted it cleaned it would be $85! WHAT!!??? It wasn't clean when we checked in!!! They would be there Wed to clean. I am just glad there is washer and dryers in units! So for my vacation I got to wash my sheets and bath towels! How fun is that? By Wed I was so discussed, I tried again to get the General Manager....NOT ONCE did anyone come take a look at my 3 bedroom unit. NOT ONCE. I was and executive manager at one of the best resorts in Aspen, I am telling you FIRST there would not have been and issue, and TWO if there was one "I" would been at their door before they hung up! They send me two Maintenance Men!!!!! OH MY GOD are you joking???? So I walked them trough every step of cleaning the place. Finally the Gen manger calls me. Doesn't come to see me, but calls...He can't understand why I am upset....Filth will do that to me! I ask him where his house keeping staff is? They don't have one, it's all farmed out! Well there is the BIGGEST problem....No one is there to have pride in their work. It's all day labor!!! When you don't have to be held accountable for your work...why do a good job? So they give me a gift cert to their restaurant...food was just passing...for an Premier Property! HA!! I told the waitress she could have what was left on the gift cert and she said they wouldn't let them have it for a tip! WHAT!!! At the very lest they should have refunded us our $3,000 or given a a new room, or another stay AFTER they cleaned it up!
Then to top it off they Make me take a tour of the new parts! Or they Crazy! Let's just say it was the fastest tour they ever gave!
OK now the water park was fun and clean and the SPA was WONDERFULL!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. Your comments are greatly appreciated, as we are always researching areas to improve upon in order to provide our guests with the quality vacation experience they seek when choosing to stay with us. Please accept our sincerest apologies that you were dissatisfied with your stay. We are glad, however, that you enjoyed your time at the water park and our spa. Thank you so much for your review and time.
Lawrenceville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We truly enjoyed our time here. My wife & my 14 year old son both said "I had outdone myself!" We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa. The view from our room was amazing as were the amenities i.e. flat screen TV, granite countertops in a full sized kitchen, a furnished balcony & a full sized Jacuzzi. My daughters ages 4 & 6 had ample room on the sleeper sofa in the main room with the kitchen. My son's room included a very nice full sized bed & pull out sleeper sofa as well as a kitchenette & his own bathroom.The 2 bedroom villa could have easily accommodated 7 people. In the future I may sublease(LOL). The indoor waterpark was amazing! It was nice & warm inside while the temperature was in the mid 50's. We will certainly make the Westgate Resort our next Spring Break destination.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
We are beyond thrilled when our guests have a fantastic experience with us here at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort! Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay, it only makes us get even better. It’s great to hear you took part in many of our unique amenities. Sounds like we will be seeing you and your family again soon!
FAIRBURN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE!! My family and I booked our reservations in November, for April. We spent 5 days and over a 1000.00 not including water park tickets. The room was very nice upon arrival. But after being there for 2 days. My daughter and My nephew was getting bit by something the room, they wanted to charge us another 200.00 to be tranfered into another room. Plus they charged us another 18.95 per person, per day to attend the water park. According to my reservations 4 tickets was suppose to be included into my 3 bedroom villa. Please Do Not Stay Here!! Please try the WILDERNESS AT THE SMOKIES, We Stayed there 2 years ago and LOVED IT...

Just A WARNING,

Mrs. Smith

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. Your comments are greatly appreciated, as we are always researching areas to improve upon in order to provide our guests with the quality vacation experience they seek when choosing to stay with us. We sincerely apologize if there was an issue with your stay. Typically, there is not a charge for room reassignment unless it was an upgrade. If you purchased a package that included water park tickets, they would have been provided to you at the tickets desk. For guests who didn't purchase a package, there is a charge for water park admission. We thank you for your review and your time.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We usually stay at Riverstone Resort or The Wilderness and we decided to try something new. We stayed in one of the new units at the top if the hill. The unit was very nice. (Minor details: the hot and cold knobs for the tub were reversed and the tv remote did not work) The water park was just okay. Certainly would not pay for it. Food was okay, except for the Asian chicken salad. The chicken was covered in pepper and the dressing must have been made from crushed red pepper. It was so hot that it was not edible. Our main complaint is the clientele of this resort. Not sure if they offer free nights to just anyone that agrees to listen to their sales pitch, but it was loud and roudy. We prefer the Pigeon Forge side.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback on your stay. It pleases us to know that you found the condo very nice. Most of our units have full kitchens, dining areas and living rooms. We will share your thoughts regarding the restaurant with our management, as we are always looking for ways to improve. We will work to exceed your expectations on your next visit.
LITHONIA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This was my first time in Gatlinburg, TN and this resort. We decided to come here for my son's spring break. I was pleasantly surprised at the beautiful views of the Smoky Mtns before we even arrived at the resort, we took plenty of pictures. We loved the look of the resort with the log cabin features. Our cabin was on the first floor which was great for convenience purposes, but it was obvious kids were on the floor above us as we heard them running around. My son and his friend came with us and they found plenty to do (15 yrs). I picked this place because I saw where they had an indoor water park and I knew rain was predicted, so it turned out to be great for the kids. There's also an outside pool and jacuzzi of course. My husband and I visited the spa and it was great, wonderful, friendly service. We will go back because there is so much to do around that area. Pigeon Forge is not too far away and they have a great little town with plenty of things to do and places to go. Our biggest problem was that our GPS took us through the Smokies back to Georgia and after an hour of driving up the mtn, the road for our destination was closed with no real directions on what to do next? I wish they had more road signs leading us back in the right direction around the area. Perhaps the resort could have more road signs for that, but they did point you in the right direction to Pigeon Forge, etc.

Room Tip: If you are a stickler for noise, try to get a cabin on the top floor. I'm not sure if the floors...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We are honored you chose to stay with Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort! We are happy to hear you had a great time! We pride ourselves in many things, from superior customer service, to our beautiful grounds. But we also work hard to provide a diverse assortment of amenities that all of our guests can enjoy. It’s great you took part, we love it! Please come back and visit us again soon!

Been to Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!