“Great winter getaway.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 88 Hotels in Gatlinburg
LaGrange, Georgia
“Great winter getaway.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We loved Westgate Resort in Gatlinburg, TN. The room was nice. Bed was comfortable. One family member slept on the Queen Sofabed and had no complaints. The view was lovely. It snowed while we were there and very cold. Room was nice and warm. Had gas fireplace which was nice. Our only complaints was the Wi Fi would not work. We could never get our computer to connct while there. Seems you have to have Windows Vista, Windows 2000, Windows XP or Mac. We had Windows 7. But, I could not get my Kindle Fire HD to connect either. Other than that we had a great time.

Room Tip: We had elevators where we were staying. There were units 3-5 stories high with no elevators. We co...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for your recent review and your recent stay at Westgate Smoky Mountain. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our amenities. Please accept our sincere apologies for the challenges mentioned. We all aspire to ensure that all of our guests received an exceptional experience. We hope to see you return real soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (569)
Macungie, Pennsylvania, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We visited this property after being approached in town. We wanted to visit the waterpark and were curious to see the property and how one might buy property there. The tour was ok, but the Sales Process was amazingly pushy. I would say bordering on rude, but it went well past rude to personally insulting my wife and I. I removed it from consideration based on that experience.

That said, it was a shame really, because the property itself was great. Excellent, well kept facilities and the waterpark was really nice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for advising us about your recent visit. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed our property. We apologize if a member of our sales team made you uncomfortable-that is not our intent. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, as we will work to ensure this does not happen again. It is our hope to have another opportunity to provide you with a relaxing stay.
Morristown, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

If you've never been, you need to go. Very nice.The Smoky Mountains location isn't far away from my house but I'd had never really seen or heard about it. Enjoyed it, and looking forward to checking out the WestGate's Myrtle Beach resort sometime soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
We appreciate the kind words you expressed about your recent stay with us at Westgate Smoky Mountains. Living in the area, we do not always have the time to enjoy the beauty that surrounds us, but we always appreciate reading when one of our guests does. Please come back and see us again soon!
Anniston, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Because my husband had to work through Thanksgiving and Christmas, we decided to spend a week in the mountains in January. Being timeshare owners in Orlando, FL , we knew about the quality of the Westgate name. Our lodge unit was beautiful. It was well furnished. The flat screen TVs and fireplace were great. The location was so convienient. The amenities on site were very impressive. The indoor water park and playground were outstanding. The arcade, fitness area, and restaurants were great. We enjoyed the live entertainment nightly, too. We were impressed wtih the well kept grounds also. There had been freezing rain the day before we left, but the parking lot and roads had all been treated so we had no problem with our express check-out. We look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review of Westgate Smoky Mountain. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed so many of our amenities on property! We all aspire to ensure that all of our owners and guests received an exceptional experience. We are looking forward to exceeding your expectations once again.
Hillsborough, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I booked a room through Expedia for Westgate Resorts. Somewhere along the way Expedia said I did not have reservations at the Westgate so I did not show up. Westgate charged my credit card $167 for a no-show. I called the company and they were extremely rude and curt about the credit and would not even allow me to move the reservation to a later date. Expedia called the company and they would not give Expedia a break as well as they said the reservation was made. I will never book with them again and will be cautious about this place.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your experience. We are glad we were able to get in touch with you and get this issue resolved for you. We would once again like to apologize for the customer service experience that you had, and we would like for you to know that goes against our goal as a company. Hopefully now that we have this issue resolved, you will consider giving us a second chance. Once again thank you for taking the time in informing us about your customer service experience.
Biloxi, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

The check in process was one of the worst I have ever experienced. There were 6 attendants working behind the counter and check-in process was taking about 20 min for each guest. There were 10 guests in front of me. Not sure how the math works out on this one, but I waited to check-in for 45 min with only 10 people in front of me and 6 clerks checking in. Also, the time share deal was a nightmare. After a long 9 hour drive and long wait for check in....the last thing I want to deal with is an agent trying to sell me something, asking for SS#'s, etc. It was way too much. When I said I would be glad to go on a tour, but my husband would have to watch the kids ( one who has a disability)- I was told we would both have to go (no matter what). I said we couldn't do that, but I could go alone....the issue kept getting pushed that we both had to go, so I said no thanks. When we got to our room that night the front light was broken, the fire place stopped working on the 2nd day and maintence had to come fix it, and despite the 4 calls made to fix the hot tub in the room- it never got fixed. No hot tub. Concerning breakfast- we tried to go, but there was great confusion with the staff on who was to eat buffet and who wanted to order, so people were waiting in line for a really long time. We eventually left. So, I believe there are many things that really need to be looked at and improved at this resort. I will not be staying at this particular Westgate again. I really hope this resort can make a good turn around because it does have a lot of potential. It was just not a great experience for me and my family. Also, there is conflicting information on line with military discounts being honored at this resort. Don't count on a military discount for anything here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for providing us with feedback on your stay at the Westgate Smoky Mountain. We read the review you provided with great concern and we have taken the details of your feedback under careful consideration.
The opportunities you described are a clear indication that we were not able to provide you with the exceptional service that you deserve. We sincerely apologize that you did not receive the outstanding Westgate Smoky Mountain service that our property is well known for. Your feedback will help us to continue to improve and we hope you will return to stay with us to experience the results of that work firsthand.
Anniston, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I booked this resort for a January weekend getaway. The main draw was the water park for my children. I waited about 30 minutes to get checked in. The staff was a little impersonal but answered all of my questions. I was told that someone would lead us to our cabin by golf cart and make sure our cards worked and our room was ready for us. The young man never left the parking lot with us and gave us a map to find our cabin. We were never told that we wouldn't be able to see our cabin - 220- from the road or the parking lot we had to drive into. We were never told there would be a walkway to our building. We were not told there were 5 sets of stairs on this walk way and that they might be icy (there was salt everywhere!) My husband recently had hip replacement due to injury and found this trek more than he could do more than once a day. We promptly called the front desk and asked if we could be moved. The person he talked to was reluctant at first, but granted our wish. A young lady arrived and helped up load our things back into our van and into the new cabin on one level. She was the nicest person we encountered at the resort the whole weekend! BTW, her name was Victoria. Overall, we had a nice time and our cabin was great. The water park kept my children busy ALL day!

Room Tip: Ask where your room is actually located on the property.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for your recent review and your recent stay at Westgate Smoky Mountains. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our amenities. Your sentiments will be shared with Victoria, she is a "nice" asset to our team. Please accept our sincere apologies for the challenges mentioned. We all aspire to ensure that all of our guests received an exceptional experience. We hope to see you return real soon

Been to Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!