“We always return!!!” 5 of 5 stars

puryear, tn
6 attraction reviews
“We always return!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Love this place. You get free samples, even though the jerky is very pricey... It is sooo worth it. I recommend the ol smokey jerky. (:

“Good Product. Good Guy.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

In from Wisconsin for the week. Stumbled upon the shop kind of tucked in the back corner even though there were other spots in town on the strip that I noticed. Glad I found it. Met the owner who spent the time to explain all the products and let me sample as much as I wanted, some stuff twice. Good guy. I bought a few items and will be getting more on our next annual trip. Great product and great experience. Had not read the other posts beforehand and may not have stopped if I did frankly, but I think he's got the personnel stuff worked out now. You'll be in for a treat if he's there.

Gainesville, Florida
13 attraction reviews
“Great selection, but most taste the same”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I bought a box of the assorted for my boyfriend. Everyone had beef in them with either alligator, pheasant, venison, etc. But all had beef in them. So how could you taste the other animal that the jerky was suppose to be with beef in them? He basically said they all tasted just about the same. The selection in the store was very good and the layout very nice. Definitely made you want to go in and check everything out.

Visited March 2014
Sellersburg, Indiana
56 attraction reviews
“pricy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

expensive beef jerky but you get a lot of unique varieties there are also free samples. I got ostrich alligator and boar as well as kangaroo jerky. it runs about 9 dollars a pund I bought individual sticks for about 2 dollars a piece

Visited March 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
“Jerk Employee at the Jerky Outlet in Gatlinburg”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

First off, I had been looking forward to buying jerky from this store since I saw an ad while in Gatlinburg. My son and I stopped in Sunday night to check it out. While looking around, my 5 year old accidentally pulled the level on the Jelly Belly machine causing some jelly beans to fall out into the dispenser. I got on to him and told him not to touch it again. While still shopping in the store, one of the employees came up to me and began interrogating me about the jelly beans. I tried to explain that it was an accident and that I was there to purchase jerky from them. He insisted that it was policy that I pay for the jelly beans and treated us like we were stealing candy from the store. I said that I wasn't going to pay for the jelly beans and he said that I could talk to his manager about their policy. I told him that I would be happy to talk to the manager. So he called up the manager and put me on the phone. I explained what happened and she said that was okay. So I bought some jerky and left extremely frustrated and embarrassed with how he treated us.

The guy working that night was a jerk. He cussed in front of my son. I tried to explain that it was an accident but he made us feel like we were stealing. The store actually made more money because my jerky was twice the price of the jelly beans if I had paid for them. I am glad that I was able to talk to the manager and that she was reasonable.

If you are going to be a jerk to your customers, then I will not be coming back to your store and will be happy to share my bad experience. I don't appreciate your attitude in front of my child.

Visited February 2014