“Great Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 87 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Corinth, Mississippi
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

On a recent family trip to Gatlinburg, our family stayed at the Sleep Inn. The price was great and so was the location - just off the main strip, but centrally located. The staff was always very polite and helpful. I was disappointed that my room did not get cleaned on the first day of my stay. The pool area also looked a little neglected, but perhaps it is the time of the year. The family enjoyed the hot tub in the cold weather! The free continental breakfast was good. We enjoyed waffles, sausage, toast and boiled eggs. I would definitely stay at the Sleep Inn again should I visit Gatlinburg, because for the price point, it was a great experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Sleepinngatlinburgtn, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
We are happy you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for the compliments and for choosing to spend your vacation with us. My staff appreicated the positive comments you made regarding your time at our property. We are glad you enjoyed the continenetal breakfast and the hot tub. It is our goal to make our guests happy and to provide the service they are accustomed to while traveling.
We look forward to your next visit to Gatlinburg.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Decatur, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel in the past. The rooms are up to date, have comfortable beds, and are clean. Free hot continental breakfast. I would rather be on the strip but its not too far away. The biggest plus for this hotel is the indoor pool area. Our children would rather be there than any attraction in Gatlinburg. For this reason...worth ever dime.

• Stayed November 2013
Sleepinngatlinburgtn, Public Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
We are glad you had a postive experience during your stay. Thank you for taking a moment to tell us about your satification with our property. We love hearing about guests coming on vacation and having a good time. It was a plesure sharing your reivew with our staff.
Huntersville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I had high hopes for this hotel, based on reviews here. But we did not enjoy the place. First of all, when we drove up, there was not a single light on anywhere. It was dark and creepy and very off-putting. We wondered if it was even open. Check in was fine. The clerk was friendly and the lobby clean. We were instructed to park in the lower lot and enter the hotel through the back door. Again, not a single light on in the garage, which was kind of scary. The back door sent us through the indoor pool room. No lights. Very poor ventilation. Condensation so thick on the walls and ceiling that water was pouring down on our heads. I've been to many hotel indoor pools and never seen this before. The back door sent us past the stairwell and into the elevator, both of which smelled of smoke. When we got off the elevator at our floor, there was an immensely strong smell that immediately made my lungs hurt. By the time we'd reached the end of the hallway, I couldn't breathe and my eyes were burning. Oh, and did I mention the trash on the floor and the bugs on the walls?? We got into our room, determined to make this work. The room seemed clean and acceptable, although a bit cramped. But then I saw spots on the comforter. There was some kind of crud that I could have scraped off with my fingernail. Obviously, I didn't touch it. So here we are, already creeped out by the darkness of the place, sick from the smell in the hallway, and now we're to climb into a dirty bed?? I don't think so. We chose to leave. The hotel insisted on charging us for the stay, citing the cancellation policy. This was not a cancellation. It was not a no-show. It was a decision to leave based on great disappointment. There is a difference. We're sorely disappointed in the hotel, as well as the charges. Not only that, but we were charged for 2 rooms since family was to meet us there in a second room. I wasn't about to let my asthmatic sister-in-law and 2 year old niece stay at a place that had already made me sick. Shame on this hotel for charging us under these circumstances.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
We certainly apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay with us. Our guests are important and we take all complaints seriously. We apologize for the problems with the garage and pool lights. We reported this to our maintenance department to find the problem. Our houskeeping department was contacted about the cleanliness of the comforter in the room. We try our best to correct issues as soon as they are reported to the front desk.
We are sorry for your disappointment of our hotel.
Indianola, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We were not excited about this motel. The lobby was dark and dingy. The motel had a smell to it and was old and needed updating. The price was only $59.00 so that helped. The people at the desk were nice and helpful. The breakfast was so so and could have been a lot better. I don't like writing bad reviews but, we definitely will not go back to this one.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Sleepinngatlinburgtn, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for writing a review. We have taken all your issues in account in reference to your stay at our property. Our staff would like to express an apology to you for all inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. We stirve to provide a nice clean and comfortable room for our guests and continue to look for ways to improve customer service.
VIRGINA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Sleep Inn in Gatlinburg was clean everywhere, (and believe me, I am a Certified Dietary Mgr and know sanitation inside and out), plenty of towels, plenty of hot water, free Wi-Fi, roomy, good price ($71. for queen bed) and we didn't detect any moldy, smoky smells . The motel was in a quiet location but close to town. Never heard a sound from the other rooms the whole time we were there. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Included with stay was breakfast and it was more than adequate. Hot and cold cereals, fruit, juice, coffee, milk, bagels, donuts, waffles, boiled eggs, sausage, etc. My husband and myself loved this place and will definitley stay in again when in the area. It is hard to find a clean motel and this staff took pride in a job well done. Thank you Sleep Inn of Gatlinburg!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Sleepinngatlinburgtn, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review of your recent stay. We are glad you had a positive experience at our hotel. Thank you for the kind words concerning our staff. We are glad you found them to be friendly and helpful. Our guest are so important to us.
Please come visit us again on your next trip to Gatlinburg. We will look forward to seeing you !
birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I loved the location of this hotel. It was not right on the main parkway but it was far enough off that you could still get to everything. The staff was very nice and friendly. There was someone at the desk at all times and they always greeted you. The rooms were very clean, even the housekeeping staff greeted you in the hallways. Loved in the indoor pool and lazy river. On our last night there the kids wante to go swimming one last time and the person working the front desk , even though it was 11:15 , allowed my kids to go for about 30 minutes. The room we had had the balcony overlooking the street and we loved it. There was no street noise like you get at some hotels.

Room Tip: get a room with a balcony. it's lovely to set out there and have coffee.