“Couldn't have asked for a better stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Gatlinburg Town Square Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   414 Historic Nature Trail, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Ranked #29 of 87 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Panama City Beach, Florida
“Couldn't have asked for a better stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2010

Well unlike some travelers, I read the site of the resort and call to confirm my reservation and ask questions like security deposits and things before I arrive. I had absolutely NO surprises. When we arrived at the registration office just a short drive up the road, we only waited in line for about 2 minutes before we were at the counter to check in. Once there, the very courteous front desk agent treated me as if I was the only person she had dealt with all day, as if nobody else mattered. That's good service. She answered all of my questions and we joked around. The $100 security deposit was no big deal, we traveled as 2 couples, so $50 per couple didn't break the bank. Heck that's just a couple of drinks while you're here, and we get it back when we check out. The parking garage is kind of tight, but if you can't drive your vehicle in a tight parking garage, trade it in for something you can drive. We were in a full size Cadillac SUV, and I had absolutely no problems parking it and taking the corners. Elevators aren't that bad, we never waited very long to get on the elevator, but heck at 6 floors, I don't think the stairs will hurt anyone that is able to walk. When we got to the room, I was hesitant to open the door. All the things I've read about online are about to show themselves... We open the door and it was amazing! We had the one bedroom, with the studio lockout. We had a spacious fully furnished kitchen. Everything we needed to feel right at home. A large table that sat 6 people very comfortably. Washer/Dryer was great. Furniture was comfortable to everyone, and the room felt very clean and well maintained. I have absolutely no complaints at all. Beds slept well, and there was never a shortage of hot water. Sometimes that can be a problem. Rooms were very well lit up, jacuzzi tub was relaxing. There is a nice indoor heated pool and outdoor hot tub. Also they have a very nice grill/picnic area right on the stream out back behind the resort. We only had a view of the parking deck; but what the heck, I didn't come all the way to the mountains to sit in the room and look out at what I need to be experiencing first hand. We like to get out of the room and go do things like hike the trails. I can sit on my patio at home... The smoky mountain national park was breathtaking, I have never seen such beauty anywhere. We spotted some deer just 15 yards away, and boy was that ever a tease for a hunter such as myself. The streams are peaceful. We walked to anyplace we went in Gatlinburg, the only time we drove was to the mountain trails or to Pigeon Forge which was just a 10 minute drive away. In Pigeon Forge, we went to Bennet's BBQ (kind of over rated) and the Titanic Museum. Folks the Titanic Museum is definitely worth your money, it made me feel like I was literally right there that frigid night in the Atlantic. A must see. We also went to a nice little bar/grill called Puckers. Wow that was a blast. We went for some hot wings, and discovered they have pool tables, an internet juke box, and 2 dart boards. We ended up making friends with several locals and were invited to play in their dart tournament. I've never met more friendly people in my life. 7 hours later we left Puckers and went back to the condo.
I work in upper management at a 4 star resort in Panama City Beach, Florida. I know what to look for in a condo and resort staff. These people are very friendly, the place is clean (not one piece of trash seen anywhere), rooms are definitely up to par, and I will definitely stay here again. Sure you have to pay for the Wifi service, but in a building of this design and size, you have to put Wifi base stations on every corner so we all get signal. Well that isn't free, and putting those adapters in place insures I get signal reliably and I am certainly willing to pay for that. Sure go use the Super 8 signal if you want, that is if it's up and running. You get what you pay for folks! The worst part about this entire vacation is having to go back home to reality. One small problem I had with the town, when it snows nobody is open. I wanted to go horseback riding, but due to a little snow on the ground everyone was closed. Hello, it's a freaking snow town people, suck it up!! I look forward to staying here again, and will definitely recommend people I know to stay here.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Lexington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

After booking room, I never received my email confirmation and was charged a different rate once I arrived. Julie at the front desk was the rudest front desk clerk i have ever encountered. The supervisor, Sarah Tuttle was no better. I was traveling for a cheer competition and checking out different properties to book for 100 rooms for future years.....I certainly will not book them here......I've never been treated so unkind by the "hospitality" industry!!!

Hotel was great.....first impression, the front desk....was horrible!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

I booked this timeshare through RCI way in advance. Then I began to notice the reviews on Trip Advisor were not very good, so I was really nervous about staying there. I tried to find other arrangements, but at Thanksgiving, that was impossible. I'm glad to say I was pleasantly surprised. It was very nice, homey, and had a great view. We had a one bedroom with a lockout unit for our teenagers. Each room had their own fireplace, kitchen, and updated bathroom with granite, glass enclosed showers, and jacuzi tubs. The beds were comfy, the view was great (we sat on the balcony and watched the animals play in the creek), and the location couldn't have been more perfect. The one time that I had to call Maintenace, he was there within 10 minutes (a closet door had come off track and wouldn't close right). I noticed several people commenting on the parking garage. Yes it was a little tight, but I had no problems finding a space and no quams about parking my new BMW there. HINT: try to park in one of the parallel spots along the wall.
All in all, it was a great place for us - we'll be back

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

We booked this trip through RCI and were told this was a gold crown hotel. That could not be further from the truth. The furniture was old, beds were awful, rugs were extremely dirty and some of the kitchen appliances didn't work. We had a 2 room suite and one room was damp and musty the whole week. The on-site activities were pretty lame and the pool area was just sad. We were looking for a relaxing week in the mountains with our friends and kids and it's a good thing we brought things to do because otherwise we would have been very bored.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Niceville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

For our first vacation in 2 1/2 years my wife and I exchanged our timeshare week to book a stay at Gatlinburg Town Square. We were told that we'd have a balcony, fireplace, hottub and a view. What we wound up with was a single room "efficiency" with grungy carpet, one queen bed, and our "view" was of the walkway outside of our door which fronted to a parking lot. It was so bad that we simply turned around and walked out...and went to the Hampton Inn (great place w/ a balcony overlooking the creek). I am fed up enough that this will result in a cancellation of our Interval International memebership. Do NOT let Gatlinburg Town Square have your money. We have literally seen nicer rooms at Super 8/Motel 6!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Greater Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

Recently we (3 couples) vacationed in the Gatlinburg area and spent 3 nights at the Gatlinburg Town Square. The resort is a time share location with anice refrigerator, stove with plenty of room in the unit. It is a downtown location with easy access to town. The charge for the suite was no more than a motel room.
We would definately stay again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Arlington, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

This is an older resort, but our experience here was great! Our condo was on the ground floor very close to the underground parking and the indoor pool. The parking is tight but the garage was neat, very clean and the spaces were large enough to accomodate our mini van. We always found plenty of available parking. We had a flat tire while there from a thorn in our tire that we picked up from an off-road adventure but one of the guys from the staff came out with an air compressor, aired up the tire and directed us to a place to have the tire repaired! All of the staff were very friendly and helpful.
The two bedroom condo was spotlessly clean. The linens were fresh and clean. We had hoped to get a unit with a balcony and fireplace, however neither was available and actually, it turned out that it really didn't matter. The kitchen was very well stocked with everything we needed. We saved a ton of money by preparing several meals in the condo. The heating and air conditioning worked perfectly......we needed both during our stay. The oversize jacuzzi in the master bath was a little difficult to get into and out of, but it really wasn't a major problem. The condo was fully furnished with beautiful furniture and tastefully decorated. The carpet was very clean. It appears that the unit was recently redecorated. We were in the Phase I (older) section. It really felt like home!
The Gatlinburg "strip" is a short walk down the street or you can use the Trolly system. We enjoyed The Log Cabin Pancake House just down the street for breakfast. We were invited to attend one of the Summer Bay Resort "sales" presentations and we were compensated for doing so. The presentation was a little long (about 1 1/2 hours) but the salesperson was very polite and once she realized that we really were not interested, there was not a lot of high pressure to buy.
There is a charge for WiFi (about $25.00 for the week) but since I had an air card, I didn't need it. My wife and daughter however could have used it on their computers/phones if it had been free. It's really odd that they would charge for WiFi since most places have it for free.
Overall, we really enjoyed out visit to Gatlinburg Town Square and would definately recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Been to Gatlinburg Town Square Resort? Share your experiences!