“We don't want you, just your money” 1 of 5 stars

Gatlinburg Town Square Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   414 Historic Nature Trail, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Ranked #29 of 87 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Florida
“We don't want you, just your money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2007

I should have known something was wrong when my credit card was actually charged for my stay more than a month before I arrived. They had told me it would be charged a week in advance: Lie #1
We arrive, knowing we already paid for the first night and want to cancel our reservations for the second night because our friends ended up having an extra room in their cabin. No luck. They were going to charge us anyway, whether we were there or not, for the second night. I was told upon booking my trip that the first night is non-refundable, but that you can cancel the rest of your trip at any time. Lie #2
In the morning, we tried to use the wireless access I was told we would have and get connected to work emails. Come to find out, wireless access is $10/day. Lie #3! If nothing else, I always make sure that wireless access is included with our room...it's that important thing that I don't mess up or confuse.
I was promised a room next to a "bubbling creek" and a place to relax in private. This resort has paper thin walls that give way to car alarms, doors banging, people talking, car horns and loud housekeeping who bangs on your door over an hour before you have to be checking out. It's like Spring Break except I wasn't passed out and able to sleep through it all. And my "bubbling creek" was a frozen fountain in the middle of the court yard. The people who work there do not care about your happiness, or how nice your stay was. They are that disinterested that they don't even tell you to have a nice stay when you check in, or ask you if it was nice when you leave. The last thing a Town Square employee said to me was "drop the keys in the drop box in the garage when you leave." I would not recommend this place to anyone except maybe a blind, def, unhappy person who doesn't care where they waste their money because it grows on trees in their backyard.

Stayed February 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2007

We just returned from a wonderful weekend 'birthday' trip in Gatlinburg, TN. We spent 3 days at the Gatlinburg Town Square Resort where we celebrated our twins daughters 8th birthday. We had a 2 bedroom with a fireplace and balcony overlooking the street (great view). Although the furnishings weren't brand new, we we're very pleased with the resort overall. My daughters all loved the indoor pool.

Jackie from the resort was awesome as she arranged for a birthday cake and balloons to be waiting for a surprise in our room when we arrived, just as I asked. Everything was great, and we wouldn't hesitate to stay again. Unless you're overly picky, I think you'll be pleased.

• Liked — Close proximity to everything
  • Disliked — Nothing...
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
dalton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2007

We had a great stay at Gatlinburg Town Square. The three bedrooms, three full bath, unit was wonderful. The furniture and appliances looked new. The Jacuzzi was great. The location was in walking distance to everything in Gatlinburg. In fact, our party of seven walked to the Hard Rock Cafe, which is on the opposite end of Gatlinburg. The resort was decorated in cascading snowflake lights and more. Very nice and quiet even during a huge youth convention. Plenty of pool towels, dishes, silverware, etc. The heated pool was very warm, but the chemicals were a little harsh. Would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — pool chemicals
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Greenville, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2007

Condo 2 bedroom, 2 bath was really nice. Great beds and clean.Indoor pool needed some cleaning around edges but was ok. However the parking at these Condo units was horrable! We own a Ford Excursion and had only had 3/4 of an inch on ether side of our car mirrows entering the parking garage and 6 or less inches on top clearence. We have handycap parking and could not even open our doors when the parking spaces on either side of our car were filled with other cars! Our Car recieved dings and dents in the doors while there from other people opening their door on ours. When we asked about other parking we were told since our car was under the 7 foot limit we had to park in the garage or we would be towed even if we were handycaped! Because of this we would not return until the parking issues are fixed.

• Liked — Condo was close to town
  • Disliked — parking, parking, parking
  • Tips/Secrets — Drive a very small car to stay here.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
princeton, west virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2006

After reading some of the negative reviews for this place I was concerned. However, our stay was exceptional. We had town square reservations and though we did have to go one block to town village to check in, this was not a problem. There was no attempt to book us into the village. The staff was nice and accomodating. We were put into the back end of the resort in the "phase II " building. We had adjoining units, 415 A and 415B. - a studio and a one bedroom. Both units were very, very, nice. They were exceptionally clean and modern. The decor was great. There were plenty of towels as extras were included in case you used the spa or pool. The only sales pitch we got was a phone call on the next to last day of our stay. When I told them we weren't interested, the lady immediately thanked me for my time and the call was over. The walk to the main drag is not far at all and there is a great breakfast and lunch log cabin style restaurant just a few yard away. I guess it just depends on when you go and whats available, but I can honestly say our stay was just fine.

• Liked — cleanliness, room decor, proximity to main street.
  • Disliked — some fitness equipment not working
  • Tips/Secrets — stay in newer section
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Jacksonville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2006

My family stayed at the Gatlinburg Town Square on August 11-15. First impression: Dated. Other than that, we had a wonderful stay--especially for the price that we found on the web. We rented a two bedroom, two bathroom condo (205) and were very pleased with the accomodations that were available.
The good: Plenty of room for my husband and I and two girls, 6 and 7. **Close to trolley stop. ** About a block away from the main drag. **Pools were clean and nice.**Friendly staff. **Condo well stocked. **Overall cleanliness of the unit was above average. **Quiet--no noise could be heard once the door was shut.

The not-so-good: **Dated interior--probably decorated in the 80's. **Even though the rooms are non-smoking, I could tell that someone had smoked in the room. Also, the unit had a "hotel" smell--this is a big one for me. I tend to notice smells like this and always travel with room spray--which we used plenty of. **It's kind of different to register for your room a half a block down the street, but I guess that is just the way it is. **The jacuzzi tub in the master bath was pulled away from the wall/floor leaving a big gap. Needless to say, we used to shower in the 2nd bathroom.

Really, we had a wonderful time in Gatlinburg. The good of this hotel far outweighed the bad. We even saw three baby bear cubs in a tree about 10 feet outside of the pool!!!!! That made our trip!

Stayed August 2006
Nashville, TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2006

The room was musty and smelled of urine. The grounds looked good from the road but the rooms were ragged. The hot tub was in terrible repair as was the outdoor pool area. The pool edge was very dirty indicating poor cleaning. Despite the few guests at the hotel, I was put in the very back of the hotel. I booked via Hotels.com but use direct contact after finding on the website if the hotel is good. Registration was not on-site but up the street requiring you to drive up there to actually get registered. If you had any sort of problem, the people who could help were not on-site. The rooms were not cleaned daily either. I will not be staying here again.

Stayed August 2006

Been to Gatlinburg Town Square Resort? Share your experiences!