I had always wanted to go to this area and I was not disappointed. I love the great outdoors daytime but like something to do in the evenings. From Town Square we could walk to the parkway and back with ease. One night we caught the tram back for 50c each. Parking throughout Gatlinburg is expensive so you need a hotel base here. If we had stayed in Pigeon Forge we could have used the very cheap trams from the visitor centre and parked there free.
We only met two other people from England and they were residents. You are surrounded by the park and the excellent Sugarlands visitor information place gave advice and recommendationf for enjoying our stay. we were unlucky with the weather as it drizzled most afternoons on our first week. The mountains were beautiful then but breathtaking when the sun came out. The park is totally uncommercialised, dont expect to buy any food or drink anywhere once you leave town. The meet and greet at the resort was very good and well worth a bit of time out of your day.
Our best daytime walk was cucumber gap. It was not as easy as the TV channel guide would have you believe. As softies we found it a very long 5 miles but very rewarding. Our best daytime activity was the Wahoo zip lines at Sevierville. Our best evening entertainment was the Circe Du Chine. Absolutely amazing to watch. A perfect finale to our trip. I will never forget this holiday
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 2 night minimum stay ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Gatlinburg Town Square Resort By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gatlinburg Town Square Hotel Gatlinburg
- Gatlinburg Town Square Resort