“It was spacious, plus a great location.” 4 of 5 stars

You added Gatlinburg Town Square Resort to your Saves list
Gatlinburg Town Square Resort
414 Historic Nature Trail, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Ranked #49 of 86 hotels in Gatlinburg
“It was spacious, plus a great location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I can't say for sure about the value, since we were there for a free stay. We really enjoyed our time there though. It was very spacious and clean, plus the gas fireplace was a nice touch. We really enjoyed the indoor pool, it was soo warm in there, despite being kind of cold right outside. The biggest complaint I have is the setup, the layout is kind of confusing and it can be a pain to find the location of something. I wish it was easier to get from phase 2 to phase 1, it only connects on the bottom two levels. Also there is no elevator on phase 2 where the buildings do connect. This is a minor inconvenience however, a little exercise is good for you.

• Stayed March 2013

203 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Bedford, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed at Gatlinburg Town Square Resort for a girls trip during the off season (March 2013. It was very quiet at night and just a few blocks off the parkway. We had a two bedroom condo with two baths and a full kitchen. The room was clean when we got there and we had no complaints with staff. During our stay we met several of the resort workers and they were as kind and helpful as people can be. The resort offered a free dinner on the Sunday night which was also nice. The only complaint we had is the hot tub was down during our stay and despite numerous notifications to maintenance it remained unusable until we were ready to leave. This isn't a five star place but it's a nice place conveniently located near downtown Gatlinburg just 3 miles from the Smoky Mountain National Park.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

We visited as part of exchange through interval. We had to pay extra to get into phase 2, $30/night, although they we too full to let us stay in phase 2 creekside which I would have preferred. Anyway, there were several things broken in the unit. Some we asked for help to fix and service was prompt, some we just gave up on. Room had lots of space although was not fancy. Best part is that we could walk everywhere in downtown gatlinburg and location was great to get to the ober gatlinburg ski tram. We would stay here again if looking again to ski and not have to drive anywhere.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We visited the resort the first week of December 2012 and had a wonderful time.....the place was lovely and staff friendly. We had a two bedroom/2 bath condo and it was so nice and very clean. When you passed some of the staff, they always spoke and smiled. If we had questions, they were quick to help. If there was a downside, it would be parking.....most parking is in a under ground parking lot and was very tight parking. However, there was always plenty of parking available.

Each morning, we could just walk across the street to the wonderful Log Cabin Pancake House. They serve anything you would want for breakfast and lunch.........the atmosphere is rustic and very welcoming........

We will definitely stay at Gatlinburg Town Square again.......

Room Tip: We stayed on 5th floor. View on one side was good....the unit was very nice with extra large bathro...
Ocean Springs, Ms.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The stay was booked using RCI exchange program, Dec 21 thru 29. Consisted of my family (wife, son-n-law, daughter, granddaughter & I) our room was 403 in Phase I building. I believe most RCI guest stay in Phase I. I was somewhat concerned because of several negative reviews, however except for some negative issues, overall it was a pleasant stay, somewhat better than other RCI exchange resorts we have stayed in. It was after dark when we arrived and us & other floks could not find where the office was to check in at. Found a maintenace worker & told us the office was up the road about a block from the actual resort. The next issue, they did not have a accessiblity room availiable (seems that request was dropped from reservation) plus the room was just about the farthest room possible from the elevators (good thing I bought my mobility scooter). Not happy with check in desk for assigning a room so far away from lifts. Check in was nice but basically wasn't going to make any changes for our needs. Next is the underground parking, it is very limited in space and only 4 or 5 handicap parking spaces which maybe a foot larger than the normal spaces. When you try to park all but the driver must get out of the car to keep from doors from hitting other cars caution in the underground requires much caution. A true test of how curtious drivers are of others. We have a mini van and could only open the doors half way to keep from hitting other cars. I really considered parking in a pay for lot down the street that had reasonable room between cars. By the way if your vehicle height of 7 foot or more you must park outside. The room was clean and had enough room for the 5 of us it was a two bedroom. 3rd negetive item: one bedroom had two single beds that had old spring matress set. Had to have the matress changed springs were so weak that when sitting down on the bed the ends would come up and matress would sink almost to the floor, dangerous. appliances were modern and furniture. The kitchen was fully equiped it's small so.. The master bathroom was really nice...garden tub with two sinks and lots of space. They give you a few starter items such as dish and dishwasher detergent, kitchen garbage bags, paper towels, and toilet tissue)...but if you're planning on doing a lot of cooking and cleaning, you'll need to get more. The 'fireplace' is basically for looks is turned on by a wall switch...does not give off any heat, just gives the appearence of having a fire. TV reception was good for most channels and there was one in all three rooms with dvd/vhs player in the living area. The wifi is weak and slow when you get connected. The resort itself is a 15mins downhill to the main street, so don't do heavy shopping in one day. Most of our hopping and eating was done in Pigeon Forge most stores have parking in front. We took didn't plan to do any laundry during our stay, but there was washer/dryers on our floor so the the before checkout decided to use the laundry room, it was a good walk from our room, the washer and dryers were very clean and free. If you are expecting a first class resort, you may be dissappointed. I don't care for Gatlinberg because of the parking issues. There is more to see and do in Pigeon Forge. So if you want to see Gatlinburgs stay in Pigeon Forge and drive and park in Gatlinburgs. Have no plans of staying here again... Considering staying in a cabin if we go back to the area. Except for some general upkeep and housekeeping issues that could be improved on, the overal stay was enjoyed. I have a couple suggestions that would make a big difference, better wifi and make use of closet near AC unit for a washer/dryer stack combos, most resorts these days have them. Although the maintenance person that fixed some issues in the unit said that the phase I building is due for upgrade...? Rated this condo as average because very few places these days are above average. I expect a clean, spacious room with friendly staff.

Room Tip: Read reviews for this resort
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stayed with GTS 28 Dec thru 4 Jan 13. We had a one bedroom condo. I was very concerned after reading some reviews, but I am so glad that I booked this condo. The furnishings are as nice as I have had in the 15+ yrs of spending New Years in The Smokies. Our condo had a creek outside by the balcony and a mountain view. The fireplace was going as we arrived and the snow was falling outside our glass balcony doors.....a winter wonderland. The bed was comfy and everything was clean and very comfortable. I booked this condo thru AFVC and will do my best to book it again for next year as soon as possible. I don't know where these other people are staying, but this condo exceeded my expectations. The indoor pool was great for our grandchildren and the location by the strip was awesome.

Room Tip: Choose the phase II rooms.
Thomaston, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My family (which consisted of me, my partner, our four year old son, and my mom) stayed in room 501 in Phase I December 7th through the 14th. It was an RCI exchange and I believe most RCI guest stay in Phase I. We were somewhat concerned because we had read several negative type reviews but I would have to say that we were pleasantly surprised. We checked in after dark (be aware that the office is up the road from the actual resort) and it was an easy and friendly process. Our biggest complaint that goes along with everyone else's is parking. The parking area is underground with limited space. Pretty much every time we parked, everyone had to get out except me because opening the doors without banging into the car beside you is a true test of kindness. We have an Explorer...so an average sized SUV. It usually barely fit. There were some larger vehichles...they have some parking skills! The room was very clean and spacious. It was two bedrooms on the corner so it had two balconies. There were clean modern appliances and modern furniture. The kitchen is fully equiped and wall to wall appliances. There is only working room for one person at a time. If two people are trying to use it, you have to sort of work around each other. The master bathroom was really nice...garden tub with two sinks and lots of space. There were plenty of closets and extra blankets and pillows. They give you a few starter items such as dish and dishwasher detergent, kitchen garbage bags, paper towels, and toilet tissue)...but if you're planning on doing a lot of cooking and cleaning, you'll need to get more. The 'fireplace' is basically a heater designed to look like a fireplace that is turned on by a wall switch...it never even gave off any heat- just looked like it would. The tv was nice and there was one in all three rooms with dvd/vhs combo in den. The only other biggest complaint is the wifi. It was there..but we had better speed and more reliability from the motel 8 across the street! The resort itself is a hearty walk (15mins downhill to the street and uphill back so you don't want to be bringing back a lot of shopping items) from the main street...so we didn't walk down the street much. My mom has had bilateral knee replacement so the one night we ate in Gatlinberg, we paid for a parking lot. We usually ate in Pigeon Forge and spent most of our time there. We took enough laundry for the week because we were concerned with the washer/dryer comments we had seen. There just happened to be a laundry room on our floor...though it was a good walk from our room. The washer and dryers were very clean and free...they are actually like the set we have at our home. We ended up washing all our clothes before returning home so we wouldn't have to when we returned home. They had some events scheduled every day but the event person was sick the week we were there so I can't report on those. The indoor pool was so hot we couldn't stay in it...like a hot tub hot. The outside pool was closed but the area was nice. They also had a small play area, a ping pong table, and another outside game for kids to enjoy. We saw lots of rain so not any use...but they were there. The hot tub was very nice. We enjoy a hot tub outside when it's cold...we went out a couple of nights and enjoyed the night air. When we arrived, the guest bathroom didn't have a shower curtain..but someone brought one up. Every employee we met was friendly. If you are expecting a first class resort such as Marriott's reputation, then you may be dissappointed. However, if you feel most average priced Econolodges are clean and you get your money for them, then you will like it here. It is nice and clean on an average scale. Great to us as a family is a Disney resort...any Disney resort. I don't care for Gatlinberg because of the parking issues...there is more to see and do in Pigeon Forge...so we have no plans of staying here again...but only because of Gatlinburg. If it were in Pigeon Forge, we would consider it. I am always scared to stay at a place we have never seen...but this was better than we had imagined. There were some general upkeep and housekeeping issues that could be improved on, but overall, we enjoyed the condo. If I had one two suggestions that would make a big difference, better wifi and use one of the several closets for one of those washer/dryer stack combos...because most resorts these days have washer/dryers in them...it's become pretty expected. I selected average most of the time because very few places these days are above average...I expect a clean, spacious room with friendly staff...and that is what I got.

Room Tip: rooms on corners are spacious with great views
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Gatlinburg Town Square Resort? Share your experiences!