“We will be back” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gatlinburg Towers

Gatlinburg Towers
We can't find prices for this hotel
Gatlinburg Towers
413 Baskins Creek Road, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Ranked #54 of 86 hotels in Gatlinburg
Montgomery,Alabama
“We will be back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

My wife and I began staying here in July 2000. Since then we have only missed two years of not coming to Gatlinburg Towers to date. I have read past reviews for this place some are good some are bad. If you dont like the mountains or seeing wild animals near the condo do us all a favor check yourself in to a hotel!! They do not advertise thier rooms as luxury or upscale as some reviews have stated. They are simply a modest 2 & 3 bedroom units with great views from the balcony as long you stay on the 4th floor and up. As for the location its a 10 min walk to dowtown Gatlinburg from the condo. I know this for a fact. I have timed the walk twice on two different occasion. Its a nice enjoyable walk beside a rumbling creek. If you dont like to walk, then drive to a public parking area and pay $8-10. But you still have to walk downtown Gatlinburg cause you can not park along the street. So whats the point of paying for public parking when you can leave you car at the condo and walk to down to Gatlinburg. Our room has ALWAYS been neat and clean. The fireplace worked very well when we were up in Jan. 2009. The pool is realy not set up for adults who want to swim. Who wants to swim when there is so much to do there. Donna has been very gracious and accomidating. Never have had a bad experience. If you want to book a room dont use any of those other websites. Call them yourself you can get a better deal. They offer great deals throughout the year to suit anybodys need. Just look at their website. We make our reservation for the following year when we check out and pay monthly installments for the next 12 months. How great is that? To sum all this up you betcha we will return next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

We just returned from Gatlinburg and stayed at the towers. The condo was clean, very nice towels, had toliet paper and the lady that ran the condo was pleasant. If you are looking for upscale, don't stay here. If you are looking for convenience, clean, good value, stay here. Be prepared to see black bears, raccoons up close and personal. The condo is roomy and could easily fit 4 adults or 4 adults and 2 children. The kitchen was clean and well supplied, coffee maker. The condo is off the strip, but well within walking distance, close enough to walk or take the trolley. If we ever come back, we would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2009

I have four children and they love Gatlinburg. Always plenty to do. We picked Gatlinburg Towers because it was a good rate for the two bedroom unit and we thought we would have enough room for everyone and we did. The kitchen was just enough for what we needed, and everything worked just fine. I especially liked the location even though I read some of the reviews about the distance I don't understand the fuss. It seems if you are going to Gatlinburg you just need to plan to walk because almost everything is walkable. The trolley was just about a half a block or less from us and the even if we walked down we could then take to trolley back at night and with the kids it was very convenient to do just that. Our room was clean and comfortable. We did not expect personal things like shampoo and so but we knew that because it was in our confirmation. But we just changed our towels at the front desk and if they were out (because we asked for them after office hours) then they brought them to us.
You could tell tha tthe unit was probably owned by an individual because it had more decorations and was nicer that a run of the mill, everything is the same type. We loved it and I just am glad that we decided to see for ourselves about this property and we did not go wrong. We would definately go back . Also no charge for parking that's a plus

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Marion IN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

In the 18 years that we have owned our time share this is the worse place ever! It was dark, dingy, dirty and would never recommed it to anyone! It was also quite eerie getting in the door. I refused to stay and ended up staying in a hotel. After 10 minutes of looking around the place I returned they keys and told the guy at the desk I would not be staying, much to his surprise LOL, he said oh, ok.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Ky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

Have been here several times - would definately return!

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Mount Dora, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2009

I booked this hotel through Hotwire. Of course, with Hotwire's policy you don't get to see the hotel before you pay. I've never had a bad experience with this...until now. As soon as I received the name of the hotel I looked it up. I found a large number of bad reviews. I also found that if had booked the room through them directly I woudl have paid less per night and received a deal of "stay 2 nights, get 1 free".
Through Hotwire you do not have the option of canceling...you lose your money. I tried not to let the reviews skew my personal judgement and vowed to approach it with an open mind. I will never use them again!
We arrived in Gatlinburg and easily located the hotel with our Google directions. The check-in went smoothly and things looked fine. We located the luggage carts and loaded everything onto them and into the single elevator. The elevator smelled of mildew and a had terrible, musty odor.
We made our way along the tile walkway to our room. As we walked, we sloshed through standing puddles of water. I figured this was from a recent rain until I realized it hadn't rained in a while. We noticed a constant drip from the walkway above...or somewhere beyond.
We reached our room only to discover our handle lock didn't work at all and the deadbolt could only be locked from inside by lifting the entire door up so the bolt could slide into the space. None of the bedroom doors stayed closed, much less locked. We reported this problem and never received any kind of answer or assistance to remedy it.
We tried to use the fireplace but the pilot light was out. We reported this after three hours, we called again and were told "Oh, we didn't forget we just don't have anyone to come up and fix it." About 30 minutes later a lady came up and lit it with instructions as to how to keep it going. Five minutes after she left the pilot light went out. We called again and continued calling for the remainder of our stay (3 days). We never saw anyone again and we didn't get to use the fireplace at all during our stay.
We used the indoor pool a few times and noticed a really strong chlorine smell. As I went to put on my brand new bathing suit for the third time I noticed that the chlorine had bleached out all of the color.

There is plenty more to say, but I don't want to keep going. The hotel is old and outdated and a strong, musty smell permeates the entire place. They really need to spend some time and money and bring it up to date! I've never felt so ripped off before! Don't stay here!!!!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2009

we arrived at 4am! quite a drive from Louisiana with 2 small kids. the keys were not in the drop box and Donna was kind enough to wake and let us in. the first room was not preped and she kindly gave us room 604. good view, clean and well equipped. the furniature was outdated but clean. the pool was good for kids but would be dull for adults who plan to "swim". it was a cold walk to and from the room as it is a hotel layout. overall it was good in contrast to the other reviews. I would stay here again but only if it were not in the mountains. I personally did not like the mountains.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — linens
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Gatlinburg Towers? Share your experiences!