You added Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg to your Saves list
Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
reedy wv
“what a view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2005

It advertises every room with a view! what an UNDERSTATEMENT! the hotel is awesome, great rates, clean rooms, good food. you would never have to leave your room or at least the hotel if you didn't want to, everything is right there.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (462)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2005

Advertiaement misrepresenting. Room atrocious. Unfriendly service at bar. Girl was too busy kissing her boyfriend that appeared to eat and drink without paying. Tried to get balcony water removed which was apparently coming to the room and making the floor wet and the entire room damp. Would not stay again unless all these problems corrected.

Stayed July 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2005

The Park Vista was FABULOUS. I went on a school band trip with my daughter and her school band to Gatlinburg back in May 2003 and we had a great time in & around Gatlinburg and also a great time staying at Park Vista. The band was in the Smokey Mountain Music Festival! Everyone(students, parents, facility from the school, and the band director) loved the Park Vista. The location of the Park Vista is EXCELLENT! Up in the mountains with spectacular & beautiful views. The rooms are very nice too.
The view inside the resort was pretty too. Nice lobby, great elevators, gift
shop, etc. Being on one of the many baconys in the hotel looking up or down is fun, either way you were get a great feeling of how beutiful and fantastic the Park Vista really is. The students loved the pool too. And I have to include that the people who work at the resort are also very sweet & also very nice. The band was invited back to stay again the next year & the next year too. Had the best & greatest time. My daughter and I really want to take the family to Gatlinburg sometime and would definitely like to stay at the Park Vista again.

• Stayed May 2003
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2005

I was there due to a two day conference and was greatly disappointed. Although I had been a guest there a few years back, the hotel has deteriorated tremendously.

The mattresses and pillows were so uncomfortable that I couldn't sleep well the two nights I was there. There was a roach crawling down my bathroom wall; on the second floor, there was only a view of the roof to the convention center.

When I arrived, I asked for a luggage dolly and the bellman told me that only the bellmen were allowed to use it!!! Not wanting to waste money on a tip, I just managed my luggage on my own. This was new to me!

Also, we were told that a new policy was instituted--if you didn't stay at the hotel, you couldn't park in their parking lot to attend a conference.

They charged for local calls which was unusual.

The carpets were stained; the towels were threadbare and rough; and the banisters surrounding each floor were dirty.

Not a good experience------

Stayed June 2005
cincinnati, oh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2005

I stayed at the Park Vista Hotel in Gatlinburg for 4 nights with my husband and 7 yr old daughter. We had a wonderful time. The hotel was great, the food was great and the setting was great. The only thing I would have liked would have been an outdoor pool, other than that, I can say that we had a wonderful time. We even got to see a a bear, it was in the parking lot, looking in the trash cans. I'd recommend the hotel.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2005

My wife and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary, the hotel made it a very enjoyable weekend. The view was excellent, the service was great. Looking forward to staying again in the future.

• Stayed April 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2005

Me and my family go to gatlinburg two times every year and mostly stay at this hotel,and every time it has been EXCELLENT!You get a great view if you ask for a gatlinburg view room.It has a great pool,A game room,A indoor and outdoor playground,A beutiful decorated lobby,A reserant and really cool glass elevators ;D. And it also has atmosphere.But,I do advise you not to go in the winter. (January,December,March and April.) We have all of our worst storms and wind during the winter. (lol,I don't know why,we are just a weird state =P ) And you know what happens when you are up on a hill with wind and storms.You get the worst of it.We went in January of this year and we had a TERRIBLE storm.First came the wind,it got harder and harder to where it looked and felt like the glass windows would come crashing in,so me and my mother went down to the lobby.And the power went out,we were on the 4th floor so the elevators,locks and lights went out.So we had to go up 4 flights of stairs.It sounds pretty easy,but it's not.And we went to the room to go wake up my brother. We decided to go home.So we all went down to the lobby and by the time we got down there,every one was down there.so we went to the front desk to see what was wrong and the manager told us a big tree had fallen over the road that you come up and it had also knoced out the power.So we couldn't go home.Sorry,but I just don't like the idea of being stranded some where and can't get out.So we all went and spent the night in the lobby and the storm had set in for the night.The wind had got so hard that the roof sounded like it would cave in any second.And it got really cold in there.It was 8:00 A.M. before they came and fixed the power and got the tree off the road.They also provided free breakfast and coffie in the morning wich was nice,but didn't refund our money.

That's why you shouldn't go in the Winter ; ) But otherwise,it's a GREAT hotel! And the workers and personel are nice. But if you want to stay in the winter,I advise you to get a ground level hotel.I hope this review helps you!!! and i hope you have a great stay in Gatlinburg. =)

Carla P. Campbel

• Stayed January 2005

Been to Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg? Share your experiences!