You added Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg to your Saves list
Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg
Ranked #14 of 87 Hotels in Gatlinburg
A TripAdvisor Member
“Cool Pool!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I took my son's family to Gatlinburg for the weekend. I specifically looked for an indoor pool for my grandsons. This hotel had the most kid-friendly pool I've ever seen, including spiral slides inside of trees! (It wouldn't have been the greatest if I had wanted to swim laps.) The staff was very accommodating and we enjoyed our stay! Oh, and we also had spectacular views!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MelissaDJones, Manager at Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We're so glad you had a great time. I will give pass along your compliments to our team!! We look forward to your next visit.

Melissa Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Maybe has the best view in all of Gatlinburg. The pool is great for kids. My one complaint is the thermostat in the rooms are not even close to accurate. This issue has happened on several visits, so I know it is not just one room. I set the thermostat to 70, but according to the thermometer on my clock it was 66 in the room. Turned it up to 72....still 66 in the room.

Other than that issue a great place to stay.

Room Tip: City view rooms are usually cheaper and have a great night lights view all evening long.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your response. We appreciate the feedback. I have passed your comments onto our Chief Engineer who you can be sure will take corrective action. Once again thank you for your review.

memphis, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

There were entirely too many bugs in this room. If this is a problem with the entire hotel, then it needs to be shut down for a week and the problem needs to be taken care of immediately. The hotel is a nice hotel and have a lot of awesome amenities, but it's hard to concentrate on the beauty of the hotel with the herd of bugs.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I apologize that you experienced the katzu beetles during your stay. The National Park releases the beetles every year in order to kill the fungus on the trees. They are harmless, but I understand your frustrations. They are all over the area even as far as North Carolina, so they are not just at our property. Again I apologize for your experience and hope you will try us again during your next visit to Gatlinburg.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

This place is one of the top places to stay in Gatlinburg. It is up above town and has a good view. its off the main road is you don't have all the street noise. There is a balcony for every room. I found the staff to be pleasant and helpful to my needs. I stayed for two nights and found the room (King size bed) plenty big enough and comfortably. The bed was soft and I had plenty comfortable pillows. The room was found to be clean. There was a large flat screen TV with lots of channels. There was a large couch in the room as well. The bath room was clean and I had plenty of hot water with good pressure. lots of towels too. I stayed on the 11th floor which is the Hilton Honors floor. I did not use the pool. The workout room was typical for hotels. It serves its purpose though. The restaurant was way over priced! the food was average for lunch. I would rather eat in town. Know this you can not walk easily to town from this location. There is a trolley, but the service this time of year ends at 5:30 pm.

Room Tip: Stay on the side that faces town (West and North) for a view of town. East and South of the hills. H...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Terre Haute, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I took my mother here for her 65th birthday. We had a great time. The hotel sits on top of a mountain and overlooks Gatlinburg below. If you don't wish to drive in busy downtown Gatlinburg the trolley does come to the hotel. The restaurant was quite good and the service within the restaurant exceptional. The indoor pool and fitness center are quite nice also.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for your review. We're so glad you had a great time while celebrating your mom's birthday. I will give pass along your compliments to our team!! We look forward to your next visit.

Travel safe,

Joliet, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Our stay was in general a very good stay. The staff was very friendly and responsive to our needs. The lobby has a "new" look to it and the pool area was very nice. The rooms, however, do need some work. The bathrooms in two of the rooms we viewed had mildew stains on the ceilings. The carpeting appears old and stained in some spots. Those two things didn't make it necessarily feel like a "clean" stay. I also left an item in the room by accident that was never "found." My fault, yes, but I did think I would be able to get it back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We appreciate your feedback about your recent stay with us. I see that the freshness of the room was a problem during your stay and possible sightings of mold. Guest satisfaction is our highest priority, and we’ve shared your comments with our team to resolve this situation, immediately. Thank you for bringing it to our attention, and we hope you’ll give us another chance the next time you travel to the area.

Travel Safely,

Decatur, IL, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Hotel is very nice. Pillows were a bit soft....needed firmer. The staff is very friendly and helpful. If you are staying in Gatlinburg, you need to take the shuttle into the town area or drive your car. The road is hard to walk on with no sidewalks.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review for our future guests. We really appreciate the feedback. We look forward to a future stay.

Melissa Jones

Been to Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg? Share your experiences!