“This Room (111) should not have been rented out” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg

You added Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg to your Saves list
Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   705 Cherokee Orchard Rd, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Military Family Rate
Ranked #14 of 87 Hotels in Gatlinburg
“This Room (111) should not have been rented out”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Where do I start? The property looked wonderful, the downstairs lobby, views, bar, etc. were great. Pool looked great. Room was over $100/night. First night (midnight when we arrived) we were told grumpily there was no parking left so we had to park in the employee lot which we were "arm waved" to from the front desk. And we were told to check back in the am. to change our credit card from the original one we reserved with or it would revert back to the first one (like they couldn't do that then?? Uh, copy and paste, computers?) Oh, and here's your cookies!! Didn't even direct us to where our room was in the circular building. We didn't request anything special in terms of view when we booked because we booked about a week before going and knew it was October, busy season. So I won't complain that we were on the back of the building on the 1st floor overlooking the a/c and delivery trucks. And there was not only no view but it was loud. I get that part, you book late and you get what's left. BUT I would have left that room had everything not been booked and it was midnight. Multiple, big stains on the carpet, UGH, toilet took 3 times to flush, mold under the a/c unit, coffee pot didn't work. Toilet was stained with rust around the water level and down the sides, and a rust spot dead center looked like, well, leftovers...I was grossed out. There was about 4-5 square feet to get out of shower and dry off, smallest bathroom ever. The second day we found a bug (not lady bugs, which they warn you about) on the pillow case and the room had not been serviced as of 7pm at night. We called down and they sent someone. The guy just laughed when we showed him the bug we squished on the pillow case. Said it looked like a stink bug. We had used the glasses the night before for wine and found when we came back that he had just put the little white lids back on our used glasses! Still wine remnants in the bottom. Nice touch! The "balcony" hadn't seen a pressure wash in years and had reddish looking water pooling to one side and mildew all over. The sliding glass door runner on the bottom was gross. Took 3 tries to get working keys. I guess I could go on, but you get it. I'm sure there are some beautiful rooms here with beautiful views, but this wasn't one of them (although the furniture was updated nicely and it had been dusted) The second morning the front desk offered to move us because they had an option I guess, but we were on a short time frame and couldn't go pack up etc. at that point. Very disappointed.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
MelissaDJones, Manager at Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm so sorry you had a problem with our front desk staff and I have passed along your comments to the team. Please accept my apology for your less than satisfactory stay. We hope you will give us another try the next time you are visiting Gatlinburg. I might suggest to book a room with the city or mountain view the next time in order to be guaranteed the view you were expecting. Again, I apologize for your experience.

Melissa Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
Allons, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

This was our first disappointing trip staying in Park Vista but it was a doosy! I pd. $800. for 3 nights stay, suite, 4 of us. I had a sick child, in the LOBBY,after long drive to get there, had to wait more than 1 1/2 hours on our room to be ready. Reservations were made 2-3 weeks in advance. For $800., this is crappy service. The girl @ the desk kept telling us it would be longer, after 3 trips waiting in line. I didn't get anything to sorta make up for it till I asked to speak to someone in charge. (25. off bkst)And internet SHOULD be free, especially in a suite-they R expensive! We will go somewhere else next time. We go twice yearly so it's their lose.

Room Tip: Don't pay for suites if U can't get excellent service- I expect things to be perfect if I pa...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your response. I am so sorry we failed to meet your expectations and that you had problems with your stay with us. I am sorry your child was sick after the long drive and you had to wait for the suite to become ready. May I ask what time you were trying to check in? If it was before check in time, the suite you were booked in are limited and the night before your stay we were completely sold out. Because of this, unfortunately we have to wait for the previous guest to check out and throughly clean the room/suite before checking in the next guest. However, I know how frustrating it can be to wait to check in so I do apologize. I hope this exerience does not deter youfrom visiting us again.

Travel safe,

Spring, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Our first time in this area, request a room with a mountain view. You can catch the trolley that comes by every 30 minutes to go visit other areas of the city. Staff were friendly and the room was clean. It was a quiet room also. I would be very happy to return and stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
MelissaDJones, Manager at Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We're so glad you had a great time. I will be sure to pass along your compliments!! We look forward to your next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Last year we got married at the park vista and spent our honeymoon there. This year we decided to go back and spend our anniversary. We got the same exact room we spent our honeymoon in and the hotel brought us an anniversary gift wishing us a happy first anniversary! This place is the real deal ya'll! It's our home away from home! Not to mention the gorgeous views you wake up to! The staff is amazing and friendly! Stay her if you are in town!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Happy Anniversary!!!

Lineville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I booked this hotel because of the location in Gatlinburg, TN. Thought the view of mountains and seeing all the fall colors would be a treat. When we got in our room, I immediately went to the balcony to see our majestic view of the mountains, since that was the type room we wanted. (you can choose mountain view or downtown view) To my disappointment, our balcony (standing room only very narrow) overlooked the roof of maintenance and we had only a glimpse of the mountains. I looked at my husband and he saw my disappointment. Everything else was great, bathroom nicely laid out, clean, nice bed/linens. After about 30 minutes in our room, and me going back and forth looking out the balcony, we decided to see if there were any other rooms available. I went to the receptionist and asked about another room. No problem! She immediately found us a great room with my majestic view of the mountains that I had hoped for. She was very nice and courteous. So don't be afraid to ask for a different room. So glad I did! The only downside to staying away from downtown is the Trolley. You may have to wait about 30min at the lobby, unless you time it just right. There is a monitor that shows you where the trolley is and approx. arrival time. Our first night we took the trolley downtown. When we were ready to head back the our hotel we noticed no trolley's running. All the stores were still open, so we figured as long as the stores were open the trolley's would run. Wrong! There we sat on a bench, with no trolley to carry us back to our hotel. Well, you think walk, but the distance and the elevation, the curvy steep driveway to the hotel, no way. Luckily for us, we spotted a taxi that took us back with a cost of six dollars, which is well worth it. From then on we took our car. Other than that everything about the hotel is excellent. Swimming pool has a slide curving around a tree, there is a wading pool--all inside. Outside is a fire pit and chairs to sit outside if you like. There is a grassy area for the kids with swings and slides. Restaurant was good, we ate breakfast for the convenience. Overall a great place to stay. Did I mention the quietness? You do not hear all the early morning delivery/garbage trucks like you do staying downtown. Overall, I would say this is an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We're so glad you had a great time. I will be sure to pass along your compliments!! We look forward to your next visit.

Elizabethton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Helpful staff, pleasant hotel, clean, safe - breakfast was fantastic! Great place to take family. Transit transportation around area direct from front door. Pool area a plus for kids with a water slide.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for your wonderfulreview. We're so glad you had a great time. I will pass along your compliments!! We look forward to your next visit.

Troy, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The location is great if you don't want to be downtown in all the congestion. But just plan on waiting a half hour for a trolley. Upon arrival they tried to give us a city view room even though we booked a mountain view. Although unfortunately not uncommon for hotels to try to do this. The rooms were ok - we didn't spend much time in them anyway. I can't comment on the restaurants, because we didn't eat in them. The pool was great and stayed open until midnight. We had our 8 year old son with us so this was one of the main reasons we booked this hotel. All in all, not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg? Share your experiences!