“Beautiful view.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg

Bookmark
You added Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg to your Saves list
Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg
Ranked #14 of 87 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
“Beautiful view.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Pros:
Pool area was nice for children.
Plenty of towels at pool area.
No bed bugs.
In room fridge.
Beautiful view.
Trolley stops right at front door.
Check in & out was easy.
George was extremely nice.
Cool elevator.

Cons:
Pool area was too shallow for adults.
The inside restaurant was way overly priced and very bad tasting (Old food-We were hoping the few bites we did eat didn't make us sick luckily God answered our prayers :)). They would make more money if the food was better maybe resulting in lowering prices to the food. Would have been convenient to eat there after a long day out.
Only gave us 2 cups of coffee and 2 cookies in a room with 5 adults & 2 kids.
I am a parent and I am always making sure my kids are reading rules at pool area and follow them, other parents did not do this, this causes lots of accidents and fights.
Our room had lots of dust on chairs, desks, vents, grease prints on doors and stains on bedding and ironing board.

We had a good time. Would probably go back.

• Stayed July 2013
MelissaDJones, Manager at Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for your response. We appreciate the feedback. I have passed your comments onto our Restaurant Manager who you can be sure will take corrective action in regards to the food quality.

Could you please email when you get a chance? I just need to know what room you were staying in for we do not have room accommodation that allow up to 5 adults and 2 children, which is most likely why you did not receive the correct amount of cookies and coffee. Please email me your room number so I can research how so many people were allowed in one room: mjones@parkvista.com. Once again thank you for your review

Director of Revenue

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My group and I really enjoyed our stay here at this hotel! The only thing I would say that needed improvement were the check-in procedures. I stood in line for a number of minutes while one person was trying desperately to check others in. Nevertheless, everything else met my expectations. Our rooms were on the 12th floor and provided an excellent view of the high mountains. Also, the waterpark was great for a nice evening swim. Cindy, who worked the lounge area, provided great service and chat during our visit. And finally, the hotel's location sets on top of a high hill AWAY from the downtown area! You are only a couple of minutes from the downtown area but yet so far! I hope to return here on my next vacation to Gatlinburg.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor for a mountain or city view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
MelissaDJones, Manager at Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm so sorry you had a problem with with your check in experience, I sincerely apologize. We are now in the process of training new team members to help enhance the check in and check out process. Thank you for your compliments on your overall experience at the property, I will share your comments with the staff (especially Cindy). We hope to see you again.

Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Great location. Bordering the National Park. Excellent view overlooking the town (I was on the 12th floor). Private balcony. This hotel is about 1 mile from downtown. The trolley picks you up at the front door and takes you on various routes. Enjoy the sites and sounds of downtown without having to find and pay for parking!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
MelissaDJones, Manager at Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for your review for our future guests. We really appreciate the feedback. We look forward to a future stay.

Chesterfield, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This hotel was just ok. I thought the front desk counter could have used more employees checking guests in. Only one person training another while a line of guests waiting. Bathroom in our room smelled musty as if the shower curtain needed washed. Had to request an additional comforter because of stains on it. After that I was questioning the cleanliness. The entry door to the pool w disgusting with smudges and fingerprints that had been there for our entire 3-day stay along with a dirty wine glass sitting next to the stairs the the entire time of our stay. The wait staff could also be more friendlier.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
MelissaDJones, Manager at Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for your response. I am so sorry we failed to meet your expectations and that you had problems with your stay with us. I have passed along your comments to our Executive Housekeeper in regards to the cleanliness of the pool area. We are in the process of hiring more staff for the front desk, as they were training during your experience with check in. I apologize for your experience being slow, but this is in the process of being fixed. We hope this did not deter you from staying with us again during your next visit to Gatlinburg.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Hotel was nice looking on the top of a steep climb. Check-in was okay. The person checking us in was dealing with a possible mistake she might of made on the previous check-in and was not focused on our check-in. We did not get cookies when we checked in. The pool was nice and my daughter enjoyed the slide. The fitness facility met my needs as well. The room was quiet except for the last night of our stay, when we could hear our loud neighbors. The room was clean and room service did a good job. Overall we had a nice stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. I'm so sorry you had a problem with our check in experience, I sincerely apologize. Thank you for your compliments on our Room Service, I will share your comments with the staff. We hope to see you again

Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Good mountain views. No valet parking with minimal parking spaces close to the hotel entrance. Less than clean common areas. Large rooms with useless balconies. Very, very small bathroom, one sink, old tub and toilet up against themselves. No safe and tiny closet. Noisy window type air conditioner. Warn out bed with nice bed linens. Room was clean. Elevators sounded like freight elevators. Not walking distance to town with pay shuttle running every half hour.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your response. I am so sorry we failed to meet your expectations and that you had problems with your stay with us. We are working on a solution for our parking, as I know during busy times, parking can be difficult so I apologize you experienced this. I have also passed along your comments to our Executive Housekeeper in regards to the cleanliness in the public area. Thank you again for your feedback, and we do hope you give us a chance to redeem your experience here at the Park Vista during your next get away to Gatlinburg.

Eaton, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed at the Park Vista for a total of 7 nights. The rooms were SO clean and nice! We were in room 1002. It was a city view and we were higher than the Space Needle. It was beautiful! The bathroom was clean and there were plenty of towels. The thermostat was easy to control and we never got hot! It cooled the room amazingly!
The pools were amazing, and there were always plenty of clean, warm towels when it closed.
To use the internet there was a fee but there were computers in the lobby to use. We have AT&T on our cell phones and that gave us free wifi on our iPhones, that was a nice surprise so we didn't have to use a lot of our data plan.
Also my daughter loves the cookies! I can not say enough wonderful things!
One of the best things, for $2 a day you can buy a trolley pass at the front desk and go anywhere in Gatlinburg! That sure beats paying .50 cents every time you get on the trolley! I will definitely stay here again!!
If I had to try and find a negative it would be the parking lot. It was huge! It felt like quite a walk from the car to the door. Also the balcony collected water from the air conditioner running. But that was nothing and we can't wait to stay again!

Room Tip: We paid for the City View and loved the lights downtown. We also blew bubbles off the balcony and i...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review. We're so glad you had a great time and you enjoyed our property and the your visit to Gatlinburg. I will pass along your compliments to our team!! We look forward to your next visit.

Director of Revenue

Been to Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg? Share your experiences!