You added Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg to your Saves list
Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Allons, Tennessee
“Very good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Overall, very good hotel .A few things could have been better. Had spacious room but we pd. for that -$220. nightly.Had 2 boys with me, had no privacy when getting cleaned up. The toilet/shower actual area was tiny. Had to stand in vanity area to dress & make-up. Also,we called from room for coffee for the next AM- twice- it was never brought even though a telephone recording advised us to call since we declined room service. We still love this hotel. Have stayed here 3 times. Internet/WiFi should be free in rooms for the price.

Room Tip: We won't chose this particular room again. King bed suite, sleeper sofa for kids. Bathroom was l...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (463)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My friend and I stayed here on a girls weekend trip. The room was perfectly appointed. So girly, but we loved the hair dryer! Beds were very comfortable, right next to the Smoky Mountain Park, and just a block from downtown gatlinburg, though the hotel is up on a hill with a very winding and long driveway so you probably won't want to walk to the downtown area. The pool is very family friendly with water slides (all indoor) The hot tub is not large for the size of the pool area, but we never had a problem getting in. The breakfast was a little below standard compared to other Hilton properties. If you don't have the vouchers, I would go somewhere else. But overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed March 2013
knoxville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I'll try to be brief. And please understand that I am not a "complainer", but I feel I owe it to future travelers to share my thoughts. I travel often for business and pleasure. I took my wife to the Park Vista for a quick getaway from our home just an hour away. Check in was easy. Room was clean and spacious. Nice view. We got in bed at 11:00pm and immediately heard what sounded like a train whistle coming from our patio door. After turning up our noise machines all the way and wearing earplugs...we realized the sound was so high pitched, nothing would drown it out. It was a persistent whistle that got louder and louder. I AM NOT JOKING...IT WAS LIKE A TRAIN WAS IN MY ROOM! The only solution that "helped", was opening our sliding door, which then let in 30 mph winds all night long. Needless to say, basically no sleep. The bad review - I went to the front desk on checking out and clearly told the clerk about our experience. It was immediately brushed off with a trite "Sorry". I then pulled out my phone and played the video/audio clip of what the sound in my room was like the night before. Her eyes got big, but she only just said, "sorry, it's really windy here in the mountains." I honestly CAN'T believe that people don't complain about this every night. I am posting the video clip on this site under my profile. Before you ever stay here, please watch this clip. Do not spend $200.00 to stay in a train whistle studio.

Room Tip: i would preview your room before unpacking your bags, if you do have the misfortune of staying here.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Taryn B, Manager at Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
I am so sorry you had a problem with the noise from the wind while staying with us. Our engineers are actively searching for a solution to cut down on the wind noise but I am still sorry you had to experience these problems while you were with us.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Away from the busy main street of Gatlinburg. Exceptional mountain views!!! a must stay for family with children. Indoor pool a wonderful feature during winter vacation. Trolly service that takes you around the area in minutes and works best at minimal price (.50cents)/person.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I had not stayed in a hotel for several years because I prefer cabins or condos. Hotel was clean and so were the rooms. The staff was very friendly. We will come back. The swimming pool was clean. The room service was a great deal for tired nights. The restaurant had excellent food and service.

• Stayed March 2013
asheville,nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My daughter and I traveled to Gatlinburg this week, we stayed in the Park Vista -Double Tree, we remembered this hotel from old times and whoever remodeled it did an excellent job . The hotel looks great!!!!!!The only thing I did not like it is you need to be a HHonors member or pay for you internet, I did not remember my account number and it took some work to get the wi-fi working.Maybe the Hilton can spend the xtra money giving to every guest free wi-fi? Everything else perfect, cookies @ check in,good towels, nice beds,hateful a/c, no complaints!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Love this place! It's beautiful! The service was awesome! My parents were with my family and we were able to get rooms with an adjoining area which was really nice. The pool area was very pretty! They have trolley service every 20 minutes to all areas of Gatlinburg.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg? Share your experiences!