“Just OK” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hungry Bear BBQ # 1

Hungry Bear BBQ # 1
2263 East Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN 37738 (Formerly Hungry Bear BBQ)
(865) 325-8048
Cuisines: Barbecue
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stopped by for dinner while visiting Great Smoky Mtn Nat'l Park. We are kind of picky about barbecue because my husband smokes our own, but we were excited to try this restaurant based on the reviews. We got there early - around 5:30 - but they were out of ribs (WHAT) and also corn on the cob, which seemed pretty ridiculous. I got the brisket, and my husband got the double which meant he had brisket and chicken. He paid double the price of my meal. Funny thing was, he got less than half the food total - maybe 1/4 of the amount of brisket I had plus a leg/thigh piece of chicken. I think we must have been served yesterday's food - there was almost no smoke flavor. The texture of the meat was fine, and the rolls were fine (King's Hawaiian style). We weren't impressed and didn't go back. We might try it again on another trip but I'm in no hurry.

Visited April 2014

“very good BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We have eaten at Hungry Bear twice now. Once April 2014, and once April 2012. We love the BBQ pork sandwiches. And the coleslaw is delicious! Great place to stop for a bite after hiking one of the trails at Greenbriar.

Visited April 2014
Cornelius, North Carolina
“Spectacular pulled pork BBQ and baked beans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

This was some of the most tender, flavorful pulled pork BBQ I've ever tasted. The baked beans were made with some of that pork which made them uniquely flavorful and delicious. Cool down-home country atmosphere. Excellent value considering the quality and quantity of food - my girlfriend and I came away filled for around $20.

• Visited April 2014
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Best food in the area. We stopped three times during our stay, which was only 4 days. Make a point to stop. Everyone was delicious!

• Visited April 2014
Wauchula, Florida
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Food is always hot and good, we eat here every time were up in the area! Severs were always friendly and eager to help!

• Visited December 2013