“Great Experience - Family Fun!” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Horseback Riding Stables, Sports
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
26 attraction reviews
“Great Experience - Family Fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

This was a great experience for the whole family! My youngest and husband had never rode before and we booked the 1 1/2 hour trip - hindsight being 20/20 - I'd probably go back and just do an hour. It was a long time to be on a horse at a slower pace, but we still enjoyed the trip. We left for our trip at about 11am, but I would have preferred to go earlier in the morning - my husband was worried about it being to cool, but its a much more pleasant ride in the earlier morning or the last ride of the day at 5pm - at least until you get further into summer. The foliage was just barely peeking through - so not really lush, but when you got to the top of the mountain you had a nice view of Gatlinburg because the trees were bare. The ride is fairly steep in some places going up and down.

They took pictures of us before we left and when we got back and then sold us a CD for $25 with all the photos on it - about 12. I thought this was a great perk and very nice! About half of my photos during the ride were blurry, just from the movement of riding, but not much you can do - so it was nice to have those photos.

Guides didn't do a whole lot - just led the way and made sure we stayed on the path. A fairly quiet ride.

The one downfall I would have to say - is no reservations are accepted. My husband brought up a good point that - they could offer reservations either with a deposit or full payment within a certain time frame of the ride - that way you could ride when you want and not have a come in, pay, leave and then comeback to ride. They said 45 minutes and we still waited another 45 minutes upon our return. Would be nice if they found a way to amend this policy - even slightly.

And just for reference... I have also gone on the rides out at Cades Cove Stables - and this was a better ride by far!!!!

Peterborough, New Hampshire
“Delightful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful! Friendliest we have encountered in Tennessee! The ride was beautiful and relaxing. I would recommend it for everyone, young or old. Also loved that they took pictures, we bought a great one at the end of the trip.

Centerville, Ohio
“Great family adventure.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

They were very welcoming. Our guide made sure my family was safe at all times. We took our 7 and 5 year old and felt completely safe. If your looking for a fun family adventure I would recommend this.

Hopkinsville, Kentucky
11 attraction reviews
“Beautiful scenery, but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I don't think that we will be returning to Sugarland anytime soon. From the get-go, the woman working the desk left something to be desired in the friendliness department. We paid for the trail ride, and were given an estimated time to return (about an hour later) so that we could ride. We returned on time, and had to wait yet ANOTHER hour before we mounted up to ride. This place could benefit from some sort of reservations policy because their current system is certainly lacking. Once we finally got going (it was myself, and my two children), the scenery was BEAUTIFUL. Sadly, there was no sort of commentary from our trail guide. I've been on many trail rides in my day, and this is the first one where the guide didn't provide us with some sort of narration as we were riding... history, plant types, anecdotes... anything would have been nice. Not only that, but our guide was smoking. SMOKING! On a horse. In a national park. While my 7 year old child was riding right behind him, inhaling his second-hand smoke! Gross, and highly unprofessional. The only reason I gave this 3 stars was because of the beauty of nature that you enjoy throughout the ride. We will be trying another stable next time around.

Visited March 2014
Birmingham, Alabama
8 attraction reviews
“Best money I have spent in a long time!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

This was my 7th birthday present to my daughter and it was a home run! Our guide was beyond wonderful with her and we really got a great ride with wonderful horses through the gorgeous mountains. They take your picture before, during and after and pick the perfect horse. They take the time to answer any question, no matter how trivial or silly it might seen. We will definitely take the whole family next time!

Visited March 2014