“Monroeville, terrific bluegrass band made the day” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 50 Activities in Gatlinburg
Type: Distilleries, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Ole Smoky is the first federally licensed moonshine distillery in the state of Tennessee. A visit to Ole Smoky is the true moonshine experience. As you approach the entrance, you can detect the distinct smell of our grains cooking and fermenting. You’ll see authentic working moonshine stills and experience the process from beginning to end. Our distillers will take the time to visit with you and answer any questions about the history and lore of moonshining in East Tennessee.After you see, smell and hear about the process, we offer you a taste of our shine for free. Samples of our Original Unaged Corn Whiskey, White Lightnin’ and Moonshine Cherries – plus we offer seasonal and special flavors that aren’t available in package stores. And of course, you’ll be able to buy plenty of moonshine and Ole Smoky merchandise to take home with you.
O'Fallon, Missouri
6 attraction reviews
“Monroeville, terrific bluegrass band made the day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

The best thing about the distillery (besides the obvious) was a fantastic bluegrass band by the name of Monroeville. They were friendly and extremely talented and really put on a great show.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Fun Place and GREAT Customer Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We found this place right off the main strip! We popped in fairly early on a Friday morning (11am) and loved sampling all the of shine - apple pie was our favorite!
The place was really busy already so I would suggest going early. The main reason I am reviewing is because I purchased a jacket from here because it was a chilly day and I didn't have one. I wore it for a few hours that day and packed it up to travel back to St. Louis. However when I returned home I noticed a small hole in the jacket on the arm. I emailed and explained my situation and that I was no longer in the area. I received an email the next day (to my surprise) from Tiffany and she sent me a new jacket within just a few days! I was very impressed with the customer service and how they stand behind their products. If we come to Gatlinburg again we will be sure to visit!

Visited October 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

This was my second visit to Ole Smoky and I enjoy it every time. The staff are very helpful and I think I tried every flavor of shine that they had. I can't remember the guys name, too much shine, but he was so funny. He mixed a couple of flavors and it was so good. I tried the salsa and it was also very tasty. I will go there every time it's a must do on my things to do while visiting Gatlinburg. Also this was the first time I had the kettle corn that they make and it was so good I couldn't stop eating it! I can't wait to go back.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Best entertainment in Gatlinburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I love the area where Ole Smokey is located. Always decorated and beautiful. Very inviting. This trip there were lines of wooden rockers to sit in and enjoy the blue grass band while eating fresh FREE kettle corn. I could have stayed all day. There is a tasting room and the attendants are so entertaining. Lots of old mountain flair. Lots of shopping. Awesome time.

7 attraction reviews
“I got my shine on!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

This is a must stop place every time we are in TN. We love the sampling of not just the shine but the bbq sauces, jellies, salsa, etc. We also love listening to the bluegrass!